Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 13, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #1,876 of 2,614
HUD update.......... EQ work in progress...........

The beauty of changing text colors is not to be understated!

Also, being able to use a separate BG from the fast picking BG has led me to map out the sliders and scale images in the default EQ to one single image, and I'm now able to use one BG image that includes the sliders and scale baked in. The advantage is I can now create different sliders instead of just one slider repeating accross the EQ!

Notice how the outer sliders are brighter than the inner sliders?! I'm not using the slider or scale images for this pic, just the bg image.

This is pretty subtle for the HUD theme but I can now do a proper med bay monitor for the StarTrek_TOS theme with different sliders and scales in the EQ.

Exciting stuff for custom themes!

These pics don't show the subtle gradation between sliders very well but should get the idea accross.

Again, the pics just can't reproduce the subtle color gradations of this theme, especially with the color blue. Every small shift in white balance really affects the overall look of the HUD theme in pictures. I'm sure I'm geeking out more than I should on this but my OCD is loving it!

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #1,877 of 2,614
HUD update.......... EQ work in progress...........

The beauty of changing text colors is not to be understated!

Also, being able to use a separate BG from the fast picking BG has led me to map out the sliders and scale images in the default EQ to one single image, and I'm now able to use one BG image that includes the sliders and scale baked in. The advantage is I can now create different sliders instead of just one slider repeating accross the EQ!

Notice how the outer sliders are brighter than the inner sliders?! I'm not using the slider or scale images for this pic, just the bg image.

This is pretty subtle for the HUD theme but I can now do a proper med bay monitor for the StarTrek_TOS theme with different sliders and scales in the EQ.

Exciting stuff for custom themes!

These pics don't show the subtle gradation between sliders very well but should get the idea accross.

Again, the pics just can't reproduce the subtle color gradations of this theme, especially with the color blue. Every small shift in white balance really affects the overall look of the HUD theme in pictures. I'm sure I'm geeking out more than I should on this but my OCD is loving it!
Looks awesome. What is more astonishing is that stunning battery meter!

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #1,878 of 2,614
Looks awesome. What is more astonishing is that stunning battery meter!

Thanks!

Yeah, the battery meter works exceedingly well. When the bars go down it's quite obvious you're losing power.

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #1,879 of 2,614
Missing album art screen. I'll be doing a version with this covering up all album art as well.

This represents my visual of how digital audio flows as opposed to an analogue signal. Lol!

I've used elements of this throughout the theme.

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #1,880 of 2,614
Missing album art screen. I'll be doing a version with this covering up all album art as well.

This represents my visual of how digital audio flows as opposed to an analogue signal. Lol!

Looks spot on too. Love it. As for the battery meter, I don't feel an accurate and meaningful one has been implemented to date. Case in point, been caught out by a sudden low battery shut down endlessly since owning the device.

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #1,881 of 2,614
Looks spot on too. Love it. As for the battery meter, I don't feel an accurate and meaningful one has been implemented to date. Case in point, been caught out by a sudden low battery shut down endlessly since owning the device.

It was noted pretty early after release that 2 bars left means head for the charger!

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #1,882 of 2,614
It was noted pretty early after release that 2 bars left means head for the charger!
That is a pretty piss poor execution of their battery meter. If I have 20% left, then i expect that to equate to 20% of the total hours the thing should be alive for. That is definitely not the case. I will be very interested to try your latest once it goes live to see how much of my first world problems it resolves :)

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #1,883 of 2,614
That is a pretty piss poor execution of their battery meter. If I have 20% left, then i expect that to equate to 20% of the total hours the thing should be alive for. That is definitely not the case. I will be very interested to try your latest once it goes live to see how much of my first world problems it resolves :)

Unfortunately my theme won't resolve anything, as I've mentioned many times before in this thread. FiiO uses five images to represent what it measures as the battery voltage (five points of measurement ). I can only change the images and not the way voltage is read. For low level functional changes we need to see if FiiO has done any tweaks with the new 2.5 FW. Custom themes only change images, and now text colors.

I agree it isn't the best implementation of battery level indication but modders can not change that. All I can hope to do is create an indicator that makes it more obvious you need to charge before you get caught of guard.

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #1,884 of 2,614
Unfortunately my theme won't resolve anything, as I've mentioned many times before in this thread. FiiO uses five images to represent what it measures as the battery voltage (five points of measurement ). I can only change the images and not the way voltage is read. For low level functional changes we need to see if FiiO has done any tweaks with the new 2.5 FW. Custom themes only change images, and now text colors.

I agree it isn't the best implementation of battery level indication but modders can not change that. All I can hope to do is create an indicator that makes it more obvious you need to charge before you get caught of guard.
I know you guys are strictly messing with GUI. I wasn't implying you were modifying core functionality. What I am looking forward to is your concluding sentence, an indicator that makes it more obvious you need to charge before you get caught off guard.

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #1,885 of 2,614
I know you guys are strictly messing with GUI. I wasn't implying you were modifying core functionality. What I am looking forward to is your concluding sentence, an indicator that makes it more obvious you need to charge before you get caught off guard.

Ah...... Apologies! I have it turning red before the last icon so maybe this will help as well.

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #1,887 of 2,614

I am digging this.
I wanted to do some transparencies after seeing this (from:48)

/img/vimeo_logo.png

Could not get the transparencies correct.

Your no album art reminded me of this vid.
Very nice.
Looking good!

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #1,888 of 2,614
I am digging this.
I wanted to do some transparencies after seeing this (from:48)

Could not get the transparencies correct.

Your no album art reminded me of this vid.
Very nice.
Looking good!

Thanks!

Actually, I've been using that image in Analogue and StarTrek_TOS as well, but for the USB DAC screen. It wasn't created by me but I find it very beautiful and it broke up the all angular / geometric digital feel of the HUD theme. Still tweaking the theme. Soooooooo many tests and flashing on this one.

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #1,889 of 2,614

Thanks!

Actually, I've been using that image in Analogue and StarTrek_TOS as well, but for the USB DAC screen. It wasn't created by me but I find it very beautiful and it broke up the all angular / geometric digital feel of the HUD theme. Still tweaking the theme. Soooooooo many tests and flashing on this one.

You got two more days by me estimate before me X5 is back in me hands....so quit fooling around....

Joking ....Joking....looking forward to your new creation..love the contrast and the color...cheers

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #1,890 of 2,614
confused.gif
anyone else notice on 2.5  the songs are more buggy then on 2.4 ? songs that have played good, before now .if that makes any sense at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back