Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 8, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #1,801 of 2,614
Analogue FW2.5 battery % and icon version is up LINK

It seems FiiO has changed the brightness of the text in the top bar by default. I can't adjust it. 

The initial topbar of Analogue was designed for better readability without being able to change text colors so now the Settings sub-menus are a bit darker because they share the same color. I've balanced the color for a happy medium between the two and I can live with it. Now that we can change the text color my new themes won't have this issue and Plasma, Tesla and McFiiOtosh will benefit.

Apr 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,802 of 2,614
The one thing I'm finding that doesn't work with Analogue is I want to make the topbar navigation text black (fits really well and easy to read)......

BUT.............

the config.ini file also defines some of the text in the settings sub-menus with the same color. For example, the text for the timers is now black and you have to guess the time. I may make it dark grey instead.

Testing.............

Edit: Dark grey sucks. Black (for topbar legibility) or Default red (for timers & max volume, etc. legibility). Or I lose the window in the topbar for the navigation text but then I have to re-do the startup and shutdown animations..............

RELIC: Don't change a thing on analog. it's absolutely perfect the way it is!!!

I've been meaning to publicly express my appreciation for this most excellent mod. I have never truly been satisfied changing from stock firmware and interfaces but this one truly makes everything better from navigation to ease of readability (love the current text colors). Love the look as well. Hats off and thank you.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #1,803 of 2,614

................ call me crazeeee...The bass is better. That is my thing. It is better and the treble roughness is gone.

I hear less grain, more clarity, and more speed / PRaT. Wild.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #1,805 of 2,614
Are there any new features in 2.5 that'd stop me from just dropping the .bin into an old firmware file and updating with that?

I don't think so. I copied the Unicode folder along with the sys.bin

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #1,806 of 2,614
StarTrek_TOS theme FW2.5 is up including battery % version, battery icon version, as well as the babes shutdown version. 3 for the price of one!
biggrin.gif

LINK

Enjoy!

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #1,807 of 2,614
(fanboy mode)
I reached for Analogue FW2.5 battery.zip file and recklessly copied the FW file to the root of my 128 GB Sandisk MicroSD card in the X5. I performed the upgrade and then did the library chore.

Now it's time to pick the first song to play and as I usually do I pick "Among The Leaves (alt version)" from Sun Kil Moons excellent album of the same title. As always I am jolted at the start of the piece as they just have sound coming out of the left channel only. "What the duck is this!" I think to myself as I always do when I start with this track. And before my problem solving skills can even start to process the situation the right channel kicks in and it's absolute pure BLISS! One of the nicest sounding tracks I can listen to.

That was five songs ago and I'm going to listen to this thing until the battery quits. I swear to God.

Even though I really enjoy these alternate art things you guys do so well, it's always nice that things sound as good as they do. Hooray for us!
(/fanboy mode)

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #1,810 of 2,614
Do you have the Fiio firmware tools?  If so, all you need to do is unpack the new firmware and copy over the sys.bin file to your Trekkie babes theme, Wokei.

FiiO has his X5 right now.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #1,812 of 2,614
Are there any new features in 2.5 that'd stop me from just dropping the .bin into an old firmware file and updating with that?

There's a manual folder with a few images, but that's the only image change i could discover (and i went through every single one of them)

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #1,814 of 2,614
This is just my opinion but! Subjectively, the sound in 2.5 became better than it was in 2.4, it has become more detailed, softer in the mid, and I liked the sound of cymbals, bass is also very good and I think now its definitely better 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back