Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Apr 4, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #1,756 of 2,614
HUD update......... So far......... A lot more tweaking needed but it's coming along.

Launcher.

Fast picking.

Have some out of town family visiting for the weekend so I'll need to get back to it next week. Happy Easter.

Apr 4, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #1,757 of 2,614
Great work Relic.

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #1,760 of 2,614
HUD update......... So far......... A lot more tweaking needed but it's coming along.

Have some out of town family visiting for the weekend so I'll need to get back to it next week. Happy Easter.

Hmmm... I think I preferred the original teaser - cleaner looking and a better sense of being projected as a HUD. I see you've gone for the fixed selection and moving Icons approach. Is this using the FiiO fixed font colour? If so, it would prevent it from being all neon blue.

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #1,762 of 2,614

Hi-Vinyl was updated for the last time. Finishing touches. fp came out cool and eq has solid black bg and is better than brushed metal for contrast. Also removed the text from the eq topbar as nobody needs to see the text when they are staring at the eq...it's kinda obvious.

Am beginning to retro-fit "Hi-Fidelity"      Top bar adjusted to spartan like vinyl theme, eq bg and fp changed.

Final fp..proper contrast                                                                              Forgot the no album art on Hi-Fidelity was boring ... so i took her with me from Hi-Vinyl​
There is a musical note at the end of the progress bar. You can see it if you look​
Most tweaks are contrast and sharpening of Hi -Fidelity​

Should be done in a few days

This will be a full gutting of everything I didn't touch the first time or have 2nd thoughts on....like no album art. Takes time so no more updates until done which will be a while...and I can sit back and....
TheUKMrT's theme and a HUD are coming so I'll duck and cover...and enjoy their themes
beerchug.gif

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #1,763 of 2,614
Hmmm... I think I preferred the original teaser - cleaner looking and a better sense of being projected as a HUD. I see you've gone for the fixed selection and moving Icons approach. Is this using the FiiO fixed font colour? If so, it would prevent it from being all neon blue.

It's the exact same selection method as in the teaser pick. Fixed icons. I actually found the other one more flat and boring with less layering. Adding the detail that I wanted made it too busy so I kept the focus toward the middle by reducing the saturation around the edges and added a bit of depth of field. Helps tie in the grey volume numbers as a bonus. The whole launcher is built in 3d space.

All neon blue was too cartoon-ish and I find the text to be helpful and makes the theme more accessible to new users. I'm looking for an appropriate font as well. It's all a work in progress.

You'll see. When you go from the boot up to the main launcher it'll make sense.

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #1,767 of 2,614
  Vortex looks interesting. I will download and try it in the flesh. It's such a shame that FiiO gave us 7 choices for the launcher as six would obviously suit this theme much better and 8 for @Carel
I guess it's possible, by duplicating the position for say Play Settings and System Settings, just using the icon to differentiate. For @Carel, I suggested a dummy picture incorporated in the background image.
Good choice in making Browse by Folder as the odd one out, as that is the one I will select most often.

Edit: I guess you considered putting the odd selection in the middle, but of course that would be a bit awkward with the scroll wheel selection. The way you have it is much closer to the circular selection.

METRO Style FW2/4 

http://rghost.ru/6bnqYKZbJ

Good to see the duplicate settings icon in action - it works well
beerchug.gif

Great background image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back