Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Mar 31, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #1,741 of 2,614

Thanks for the H.U.D.'s up
biggrin.gif

I am doing a revision of this guys mock up with permissions.
That blue and orange beckon me....I'll be taking my time with it though

Who is "this guy". He has a nice graphic style. Do you have a link to his work?

I'm not so sure some of the elements in this one make sense for an X5 theme though. It would be better on a touch screen where you can interact with the buttons directly. On the X5 there is a disconnect because you must still click the hardware buttons.

Still interested to see where you take it though.

David

update: I did some snooping and discovered the world of free psd ui toolkits. Its crazy how many of these things there are floating around with surprisingly little attribution. The one above is from http://www.graphicsfuel.com/ but I downloaded it from a link on http://www.nextdesignweb.com/2014/10/free-psd-ui-kits-elements.html 
And I found the same thing here http://www.okilla.com/955/resource-music-black-ui-kit-psd/ where the designer is attributed. Hard to know who to believe though.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #1,742 of 2,614
I was going to wait until tomorrow after I made some new launcher icons.......... But.............

Here is the H.U.D. concept teaser!!

Still image from the boot sequence.

Launcher (main menu) with default icons. There's all sorts of gadgetry stuff rotating in this one as you select the menu options.

I'll be making all new icons for this one. All custom with no FiiO icons. They just don't work with this idea so now it's the long laborious task of creating them, and custom sub-menus. That's where the pain in creating a theme lies.

This might take a while..........

Very, very nice... as ever.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #1,743 of 2,614

Like it!... A lot. One to watch (& wait) for.

Thanks.
I'm moving slow.
Waiting to see your theme
beerchug.gif

There seems to be a wave coming and I am trying to decide whether to catch it or wait and catch the next one.
I still got customs to do. I think you stimulated activity. New ideas does that.
No pressure....xcept the whole world is waiting bro....besides that...no pressure
biggrin.gif

Via PM and such I have found a comfortable spot.
We are all hands on types. What we don't know... we learn.
We all inspire one another. It's competitive. That's part of the appeal.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #1,744 of 2,614
  Who is "this guy". He has a nice graphic style. Do you have a link to his work?

I'm not so sure some of the elements in this one make sense for an X5 theme though. It would be better on a touch screen where you can interact with the buttons directly. On the X5 there is a disconnect because you must still click the hardware buttons.

Still interested to see where you take it though.

David

He's a blogger who shares .PSD files. No limits.
I'm more inspired by the color combos than the particular items like sliders and dials.
It takes space and I am trying to create fake space like the top bar I use that is kinda there but not really.
Your right about it going better with a touch screen.

I love space and images so this being ported to an X5 will be a challenge.
I love the color scheme a lot. When I finish the Hi-Fidelity customs and polishing Hi-Vinyl I will deal with reality
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #1,746 of 2,614
Is there any way for me to have a different bg for fast picking and eq?

Has anyone done that? Really would open up a road if were not using the same bg

Not that I know of. I'm pretty sure this is FiiO's way of saving space for memory - by sharing backgrounds with different menu items.

Sucks doesn't it.

Remember, this is only FiiO's second DAP and a large leap from their first.

Apr 1, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #1,747 of 2,614
Not that I know of. I'm pretty sure this is FiiO's way of saving space for memory - by sharing backgrounds with different menu items.

Sucks doesn't it.

Remember, this is only FiiO's second DAP and a large leap from their first.

Thanks for the reply

I'd love to share keylock/usb/dac and spilt eq and fast pick ...just a little horse trading
tongue.gif
I cannot get creative with fast pick or eq without considering both at all times.
I wonder...

We made the volume bg transparent...you and I and other modders. I wonder if fading fast pick of eq and deleting another in...dac would balance the memory. I could state mine is not a dac optimized theme and get my separated bg,s....hmmm...

Can you imagine an eq that covers the existing spot the user is on like the volume and being good contrast but see through...that would be epic. Your idea on your new theme...that might be like a screen on a screen like a hud lays over anything behind it.........hmmmmmm

The awesome is just beyond the finger tips...

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #1,748 of 2,614
Thanks for the reply

I'd love to share keylock/usb/dac and spilt eq and fast pick ...just a little horse trading:p I cannot get creative with fast pick or eq without considering both at all times.
I wonder...

We made the volume bg transparent...you and I and other modders. I wonder if fading fast pick of eq and deleting another in...dac would balance the memory. I could state mine is not a dac optimized theme and get my separated bg,s....hmmm...

Can you imagine an eq that covers the existing spot the user is on like the volume and being good contrast but see through...that would be epic. Your idea on your new theme...that might be like a screen on a screen like a hud lays over anything behind it.........hmmmmmm

The awesome is just beyond the finger tips...

I'm doing a test now for the fast picking bg screen using one of the other elements to cover up the actual bg. That way you can use the actual bg for the EQ and the cover for the fast picking bg. I just hope to find one that layers over the bg but not the other elements.

Or

If the slider bars in the EQ screen don't cover up the numbers you can do a full screen slider bar that covers the bg. But then you need to line up the graphical slider bar position in the new bg to be where the config files place the original slider bars. If that's even possible...........

Edit: EQ method doesn't work, but I found a solution two posts down........

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #1,749 of 2,614
I'm doing a test now for the fast picking bg screen using one of the other elements to cover up the actual bg. That way you can use the actual bg for the EQ and the cover for the fast picking bg. I just hope to find one that layers over the bg but not the other elements.

Or

If the slider bars in the EQ screen don't cover up the numbers you can do a full screen slider bar that covers the bg. But then you need to line up the graphical slider bar position in the new bg to be where the config files place the original slider bars. If that's even possible...........

I just got the FAIL on a simple switch of the fp_bg  but maybe it was my level of trans.  I had a camera ready...lol....I was expecting the awesome on 1st try
redface.gif

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #1,750 of 2,614
 I just got the FAIL on a simple switch of the fp_bg  but maybe it was my level of trans.  I had a camera ready...lol....I was expecting the awesome on 1st try:xf_eek:

Figured it out!

Take the arc image in the fast picking folder and replace it with the bg of your choice that's 400x328. Keep the same arc name and make sure it's a .png without transparancy. This will cover up the bg image so you can now use that exclusively for the EQ (though it must remain in the fast picking folder). This seems to be the only image that works as FiiO has set the image coordinates based on the images upper left corner so if it doesn't already line up with the upper left of the bg then it won't cover the whole image. Also, this seems to be the only image that doesn't cover up the text. Even the highlight bar is on top of the text.

Hope this helps! I know I'm going to use this method from now on!

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #1,751 of 2,614
Figured it out!

Take the arc image in the fast picking folder and replace it with the bg of your choice that's 400x328. Keep the same arc name and make sure it's a .png without transparancy. This will cover up the bg image so you can now use that exclusively for the EQ (though it must remain in the fast picking folder). This seems to be the only image that works as FiiO has set the image coordinates based on the images upper left corner so if it doesn't already line up with the upper left of the bg then it won't cover the whole image. Also, this seems to be the only image that doesn't cover up the text. Even the highlight bar is on top of the text.

Hope this helps! I know I'm going to use this method from now on!

I had a class to teach so just got back.
Niiiiiiice!!!!

You feel like that?
C'mon..I would
biggrin.gif

I NEEDED this for future stuff and retro fitting. Excellent!!

A Vinyl fast picker on a vinyl theme.......
Yay!

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #1,753 of 2,614

Users who are viewing this thread

Back