Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Mar 21, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #1,681 of 2,614
Anyone out there using a Mac for their modding? Am running Windows 8.1 in Parallels & can't even get the unpack/pack tools working. Not the best start.

That should work HBB, but it'd be much more empowering for the OP to figure out why it isn't working when it seems like it should work.

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #1,683 of 2,614
Mar 24, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #1,684 of 2,614

Nicely done! Great job on the image choices!

The trilogy is complete........... Or are there prequels?
biggrin.gif

Thanks!!
I'm still doing customs so this will be it . The Dark Side of the Moon Album is symbolic. Three corners. The first was a concept. The second was an experiment in post theme execution and the third was one I truly like.

I am pleased.

Time to listen to it more than flash it's fw
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #1,686 of 2,614

If you can't find a way I can try and unpack a 2.4 fw and drop it in a .zip file. After you finish it can be re zipped and I can re-compile it for you. The downside is you cannot repeatedly tweak at your pace but this is a community ....teamwork n stuff
wink.gif
....and that zip exchange can work unless somebody corrects me....

I'n in Japan and about to sleep but if you want I can help you with that.

Nice offer HBB, but given I'm new to both Windows and modding (it's like trying to learn Martian and Venusian simultaneously) there's going to be a lot of trial & error for me while I'm working out what everything does.

That said, if you'd be willing to send me a zip of an unpacked version of one of your mods, comparing it to the unpacked fw from the first page of the thread should hopefully shed some light on things.

My VM works seamlessly for everything other than what I really set it up for - modding. I'm stumped. Grrr.

Mar 24, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #1,687 of 2,614

Nice offer HBB, but given I'm new to both Windows and modding (it's like trying to learn Martian and Venusian simultaneously) there's going to be a lot of trial & error for me while I'm working out what everything does.

That said, if you'd be willing to send me a zip of an unpacked version of one of your mods, comparing it to the unpacked fw from the first page of the thread should hopefully shed some light on things.

My VM works seamlessly for everything other than what I really set it up for - modding. I'm stumped. Grrr.

PM sent

Mar 25, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #1,689 of 2,614
Mar 25, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #1,691 of 2,614
Hello !

In the photos of the theme you have an e12 eq setup ¿its for play with the e12 ? or to sound like the e-12 ?

thank you !

I think you quoted me by mistake,

This question should be asked to the creator of the theme,

but from my understanding, the eq setting is to sound like the e-12 signature ? but iam not sure anyway ..

This question is for you @x RELIC x

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #1,693 of 2,614
  This thread is dead for almost 3 days.
2 themers...me and Carel post our work and a conversation about a picture in the X5 thread is being discussed in the Theme thread??
 I just checked. That pic and the topic is in the other thread.

well, the sad part is that most of people who are using themes, are using them, and the ones who are new are a little more prone to ask these things around x5 thread. 

You should not worry, if the things go well, people who are right now seeing the images in the x5 thread will come to themes thread.

Everybody wins this way!

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #1,695 of 2,614
Hello !

In the photos of the theme you have an e12 eq setup ¿its for play with the e12 ? or to sound like the e-12 ?

thank you !

I'll answer here as this is where it was asked. The e-12 setting in my custom theme EQ pic was what TheoS53 determined to sound as close as possible to the e12 with bass boost ON using software for such things. I can say it really does sound close to the e12 bass boost and matches what I would expect based on the e12 graph on FiiO's web site.

You can find the post in the regular X5 thread here LINK

The EQ label is customizable using the unpacking tools and changing the name of the EQ setting of your choice. Customization is where it's at man!

Hawaiibadboy, if you're refering to what I posted in the X5 thread it was a tongue in cheek post about blind abx tests vs enjoyment of a device. Also linked to this thread for new people to see all the awesome work done and specificly hinted at your work. These recent posts were honest inquiries, spawned by a theme picture.

I think the referenced e12 EQ pic was one of my theme pics I posted here as I didn't post any EQ pics in the X5 thread so yes, on topic.

Let's all play nice. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back