Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Mar 18, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #1,666 of 2,614
Don't drool all over those custom Trek babes!!
biggrin.gif

Are you doing user customs...where on earth did you get an idea like that?..It's genius.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #1,667 of 2,614

Are you doing user customs...where on earth did you get an idea like that?..It's genius.

Just a small request from one guy. I don't forsee any more. I give you props for the idea and the effort put forth. :)

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #1,668 of 2,614
Just a small request from one guy. I don't forsee any more. I give you props for the idea and the effort put forth.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it's cool. It's the next step for folks who's ass is tired from sitting. Tweaking for users ensures they are 100% satisfied (takes less time than creating a new theme...saves the ass) . I was just having a go at you
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #1,674 of 2,614

This ......is my "Now Playing" image.

Pink Floyd 1973 during their Dark Side of the moon tour.

If you click on it and click on original you can see the full glory. Japanese Tsunami waves on Nick Masons Drum kit. Stunner of a pic.

1 down...

It's the most important pic and Zeppelin's pic at the Richmond Coliseum in 1974 set the tone for "Hi Fidelity"

This sets the tone for "Hi Vinyl"...Looks like I'm going color.

Wood ...mmmmm

Will be using several shots with vintage (70's) Headphones. I think they are Pioneers? Not many Themes with headgear so I'll include some (maybe 4 different images)

I like the bronze/brown font and may go gold or red with highlight bars. Maybe goldish yelow like the backlights on old receivers?

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #1,675 of 2,614
I was lucky to be there and see them twice playing Dark Side of the Moon, plus I have seen them four times in total.

Fantastic sound in quadraphonic.

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #1,676 of 2,614
Hey guys, sorry I didn't update earlier. I've been quite busy in the last week.

Anyway, I added the uber geeky "Star Trek" theme from @x RELIC x to the first post. I might just put it on my X5 to impress my GF and my brother. They are huge Star Trek fans (I like it too but I'm not as hardcore).

Also, massive props to @Hawaiibadboy for doing his customs customs and going the extra mile.

Carry on.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #1,679 of 2,614
Anyone out there using a Mac for their modding? Am running Windows 8.1 in Parallels & can't even get the unpack/pack tools working. Not the best start.

Nope. Someone released a Unix port of the tools awhile back, but I could never get it working on my Mac. I just end up using my crappy Lenovo Win7 laptop work forces me to use :frowning2:

I don't have a Windows license to try running it in a VM on my MBP, or I'd give that a try and report back. Seems like that should work.

Just to make sure, the x5.fw file us in the same folder as the unpack.bat tool right?

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #1,680 of 2,614
  Anyone out there using a Mac for their modding? Am running Windows 8.1 in Parallels & can't even get the unpack/pack tools working. Not the best start.

If you can't find a way I can try and unpack a 2.4 fw and drop it in a .zip file. After you finish it can be re zipped and I can re-compile it for you. The downside is you cannot repeatedly tweak at your pace but this is a community ....teamwork n stuff
wink.gif
....and that zip exchange can work unless somebody corrects me....

I'n in Japan and about to sleep but if you want I can help you with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back