Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Mar 5, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #1,606 of 2,614
HBB, Love rock music, still love vinyl, love real photographs. So for me, Brilliant. Only things I could add, the switches confused me at first, then I see they switch away from where you expect to see narrative. And the title Hi Fidelity is a little feint. I guess you have it understated which works great with the other screens as the pictures say it all but reckon the title could be more pronounced. Classy.

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #1,607 of 2,614
HBB, Love rock music, still love vinyl, love real photographs. So for me, Brilliant. Only things I could add, the switches confused me at first, then I see they switch away from where you expect to see narrative. And the title Hi Fidelity is a little feint. I guess you have it understated which works great with the other screens as the pictures say it all but reckon the title could be more pronounced. Classy.

Thanks!
Led Zeppelin at the Richmond Coliseum in 1974. Epic pic of epic show...so I'm told.

The gray on black was a semi-transparent color that helped spark the theme ..It is ...subtle.
The battery icon will return to default size when you hit 40% of charge to wake you up to the impending need to charge
biggrin.gif

Thanks for trying it out!! Feedback always appreciated!

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #1,608 of 2,614
Finally finished this project!​
 ​

​
 ​
Hydrogen
A simple theme with great attention to detail.
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
I spent a ton of time redoing and refining each image.​
 ​
This is now my daily use theme; I hope you enjoy it as well.​
 ​

​
Features​
 ​
- Extremely refined theme using all the experience gained from making previous themes​
- Sharp, vivid icons​
-High contrast for ease of use​
- Beauty without compromising simplicity​
 ​

​
Download
 ​
 ​
The URL will stay the same, even when updates are released.
 ​

Release Notes
 ​
- Name of the mod/theme: Hydrogen 1.0​
- Version of the firmware: 2.4​
- Languages: All​
 ​

​
Some information

- Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes​
- I will take all feedback into consideration​
- All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio, soon to be 100% original graphics​
 ​

​

Mar 6, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #1,609 of 2,614

.**claps hands twice**

all plans for ver.2 but I just did it.
The battery will revert to default big ugly battery when it hits 40%. That's so the beauty doesn't make folks run dry.
The dots will stay....and they have been flipped.
As always..THANK YOU very much!
beerchug.gif

Critical feedback is essential!! I actually believe the update I just made will be the final 2.1 revision but I'll give myself a week. You saw what I saw (album art.. quality and time frame of image...big issue and battery was inverted) No sense in waiting so I fixed it in 5 minutes. Shoulda done it sooner but your comment re enforced the idea of needed improvement.

Missing album art image adjusted
Orange/Amber for pause and gain small in both settings
check,check,check
wink.gif

Apologies for the late reply. Left my player back in the office overnight so now was my first opportunity to download and install. Love the subtle changes made. Reverting to a full battery at 40% is smart thinking as it means no surprises. Inverted battery approach is spot on too. Even though you said the battery dots will stay, they seem easier to see, marginally bigger, enough to make them look like they weren't thrown in by mistake. I could be imagining. Missing album art image adjusted, perfect. Amber for pause, perfect. Smaller circle used for gain setting is a great simple differentiator from the play/pause icon, love it. I know how much you love that closing image, but I would love this theme to be completely differentiated from your Hi-fi personally. Everytime I shut down, I always seem to think I have reverted to Hi-Fi. My personal opinion of course. Last but not least, I agree with what was previously said here. Your start-up Hi-Fidelity text looks too faint relative to the rest. Definitely need to brighten her up a bit. One more thing if I may. When you are in a scrolling list of tracks, I find it confusing that the tracks have a folder icon against them, not sure if I'm the only one.

Mar 6, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #1,610 of 2,614
  Apologies for the late reply. Left my player back in the office overnight so now was my first opportunity to download and install. Love the subtle changes made. Reverting to a full battery at 40% is smart thinking as it means no surprises. Inverted battery approach is spot on too. Even though you said the battery dots will stay, they seem easier to see, marginally bigger, enough to make them look like they weren't thrown in by mistake. I could be imagining. Missing album art image adjusted, perfect. Amber for pause, perfect. Smaller circle used for gain setting is a great simple differentiator from the play/pause icon, love it. I know how much you love that closing image, but I would love this theme to be completely differentiated from your Hi-fi personally. Everytime I shut down, I always seem to think I have reverted to Hi-Fi. My personal opinion of course. Last but not least, I agree with what was previously said here. Your start-up Hi-Fidelity text looks too faint relative to the rest. Definitely need to brighten her up a bit.

That shutdown is special...to me.
However... ( I can keep my own version but alter the shutdown)

on Aug. 18, 1969, legendary guitarist Jimi Hendrix stepped onto the stage at the Woodstock, N.Y., Music Festival and embarked upon an uninterrupted set lasting nearly two hours--one of the longest performances of his career. It concluded with a long medley that included the solo performance of the Star Spangled Banner that would become emblematic not only of Woodstock, but of the 1960s themselves.

Thanks for the idea!

All done

Mar 6, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #1,612 of 2,614
currently rocking analogue by relic, thank you for a great piece of work

Mar 6, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #1,613 of 2,614
Heads up people, I'll be taking down the 'Analogue II' link and just keep the 'Analogue II glass' version up. I see no point in keeping an inferior menu screen online next to the glass version.

I'll edit the posts accordingly when I do so in the next few days.

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #1,615 of 2,614
 If you have dowloaded

and would like a custom shutdown screen you can get one.

You went to Lollapalooza 20 years ago....find a vid....get a flashback....send me the vid with a 2-3 second moment and I'll let you reminisce every single time you shut the X5 down.
I'm a visual based guy so making a one of a kind visual for a specific person for a specific reason is the height of joy for me.

The No Album Art is another optional element.
 The rest is my theme. You can have a unique version though. Not including repeats it seems approx 250-280 folks may have downloaded the theme (30) are re-peats. Some have the skills to do whatever they want and apparently already do. For those less willing to crack open the firmware but interested in a one of a kind......I got you covered. It won't be shared. It will go to another box link and get cut after you got it.

I will vid the final version (upload in 5 minutes *fw*) and then move on to Unique tweak stage.

Ask via PM and provide the vid link and give me time.

Mar 7, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #1,616 of 2,614
I can't maintain too many themes at once, so I'll go back to updating my existing ones. If you have suggestions on which to update next, please tell me. Thanks!

I'm enjoying Fragments II, Harmony II, Solar 2 and Hydrogen. It's hard for me to pick one out of these, but I think a dark version of Fragments and Solar would be nice.

The white backgrounds are quite bright at night. A dark background would be easier on my eyes.

Another suggestion would be to make the EQ bar have fewer tick marks. 3 smaller tick marks between the larger ones would be fine with me. Making the EQ slider less wide would prevent it from overlapping the dB numbers - especially 0dB.

Great job on Hydrogen, btw! When I first saw the teaser, I was pretty sure I wouldn't like it but I flashed it today like I do with all your firmware and am really liking it.

:beerchug:

Mar 7, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #1,617 of 2,614
I'm enjoying Fragments II, Harmony II, Solar 2 and Hydrogen. It's hard for me to pick one out of these, but I think a dark version of Fragments and Solar would be nice.

The white backgrounds are quite bright at night. A dark background would be easier on my eyes.

Another suggestion would be to make the EQ bar have fewer tick marks. 3 smaller tick marks between the larger ones would be fine with me. Making the EQ slider less wide would prevent it from overlapping the dB numbers - especially 0dB.

Great job on Hydrogen, btw! When I first saw the teaser, I was pretty sure I wouldn't like it but I flashed it today like I do with all your firmware and am really liking it.

:beerchug:

Agreed....darker background....for old eyes..Haha

Thanks AsianInvasion...awesome themes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back