Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Feb 22, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #1,516 of 2,614
If the install wasn't 100% you wouldn't be using it. It's an all or nothing proposition.

I'd like to help but I'm not sure what else to say. I took the time to test it myself with the official FW and it functions exactly like my theme for me.

:)
I have previously had a corrupt or incomplete install that resulted in the player booting up but behaving sporadically. About to test the reinstall now.

Feb 22, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #1,517 of 2,614
  Many thanks x RELIC x. What a difference a day or two can make. I'm glad I'm paying attention :wink:  Loving these finishing touches - enlarged meter, front glass and optional battery icon, glass icons, improved readability, color balance. Nice work!

David

You Fink it's Freeky and U like it a lot!! 
biggrin.gif

I just had to looking at your avatar!!

Feb 22, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #1,518 of 2,614
If the install wasn't 100% you wouldn't be using it. It's an all or nothing proposition.

I'd like to help but I'm not sure what else to say. I took the time to test it myself with the official FW and it functions exactly like my theme for me.

smily_headphones1.gif

I just tested the last few versions you released and you're right, the way the dial behaves has been identical even back when you had the dual window. No bloody idea why I only noticed it now let alone reported it. Oh well, things can be a bit hit and miss with me :p

Feb 22, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #1,520 of 2,614
Tip of the month......... Get it working and how you like it before you bombard the thread with a million posts and updates. LOL!!

Your Hi-Fi theme is inspired and has a musical soul to it. I'm sure many of us remember the type of equipment and experiences shown in your pics. A pleasure to use!

Feb 22, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #1,521 of 2,614
  Tip of the month......... Get it working and how you like it before you bombard the thread with a million posts and updates. LOL!!

Your Hi-Fi theme is inspired and has a musical soul to it. I'm sure many of us remember the type of equipment and experiences shown in your pics. A pleasure to use!

Thanks!
Yes, I'm going slow and easy and I will build around the same frame as HI-FI.
It will take half the time to make (wow...batch editing
biggrin.gif
) but i'll take twice as long.
I'm using the mod in progress  FW so I can keep using and looking at it and change something when I feel like it

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #1,522 of 2,614
Hmmmmmm.....the E17 drives the HD-558's and M50x's beautifully, and the sound is wonderful. Running the 300ohm HD-650's it is more than passable but not quite there. The X5 on it's own is better SQ and power than the E17 and can drive all three. With the stacked X5/E12 it is too much for the lower-impedance cans but really makes the HD-650's sing.

So while it depends on the cans to some degree as to the need for the E12, in a straight shootout the X5 beats the E17 in SQ and power, as it should. With 2x 64GB cards it's not a cheap device, but amazing in SQ and can work as a DAC or a DAP.

If your can's are less than about 150ohms you can't go wrong with the E17 - DAC and amp in one and great SQ. But the X5 sounds better and can grow.

I found the E17 DAC sounded rather muddy with my Stax SRS-2170.
No complaints when the X5 DAC drives the SRS-2170.

Feb 22, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #1,523 of 2,614
I found the E17 DAC sounded rather mudy with my Stax SRS-2170.
No complaints when the X5 DAC drives the SRS-2170.

Yep, for sure in terms of power E12 > X5 > E17. High-impedence cans really show it.

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #1,525 of 2,614
'Analogue_II_glass' is a different link from 'Analogue_II'.

Should I put it in the same folder as 'Analogue_II'?

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #1,526 of 2,614
No need, edited the first post to show AnalogueII Glass as an alteration of Analogue II..

Thanks for pointing out my error.

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #1,529 of 2,614
Feb 23, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #1,530 of 2,614
Hi, I've made simple mod of AsianInvasion's Solar.
- changed colors, now it's black theme with white, grey and orange accents
- replaced semi transparent now playing background with solid black
- other minor changes

I couldn't get any decent photos of the theme so you will have to try it yourself:

Let's call it Solar Eclipse
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5i_EwKeBRhycWJHVjk3WThtWmc/view?usp=sharing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back