Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Feb 13, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #1,336 of 2,614
Talking about talent, this could be considered very talented.

https://vine.co/v/MqK6rMFAatx

The song isn't exactly audiophile quality, but is still worth listening to.

Theme is looking good Asianinvasion.

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #1,337 of 2,614
changed gold dots to......records:D

Every screenshot has a

Theme file here>>>https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0

How to add it to your X5

Updating of this theme

N'Joy

If you have ever thought about making themes I would encourage you to try. I couldn't even open a firmware file 6 weeks ago and now I ......I do well.

It's pretty easy when you realize you are limited to image editing and some re-arranging of items. That's it. Pretty simple once you get into it.
Tried installing this last night. Not sure if you saw the same but it did not install successfully first go. A re-attempt worked without me making any amendments to the FW file. Thought I would let you know in case you can replicate this too.

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #1,338 of 2,614
Tried installing this last night. Not sure if you saw the same but it did not install successfully first go. A re-attempt worked without me making any amendments to the FW file. Thought I would let you know in case you can replicate this too.

Thanks. I had some failed text code and obsolete images that are now fixed
Should run much faster now.

This is for the lurkers and for the hangers on.

I bought my X5 partly because of how great it looked with a flowerlandfilm mod.
I asked questions and got no real answers.

Folks said do your own mod...it's easy. So I did. Got little help. Wasn't easy.....at first.
 Tried one out and it was a joke.

Quickly came to some conclusions.
  1. Using the entire screen area for an icon would be the best for anyone with less than optimal vision who doesn't wanna hold the X5 close to their face.
  2. Introducing your theme with lots of images and video is far more viewer friendly than the previous style which I find lazy and inexcusable. It's almost hard to believe it wasn't being done before. I made a theme....hours and hours. Snapshot of it took minutes. No excuse.

1. Now...the latest theme was intro'd in the manner I did mine with page line breaks and pics (you're welcome bro)
  2. Did a vid for the thread but of his theme and never got even a thanks or any comment whatsoever from him
  3. Same guy in 2 points above now making a full screen image theme (you're welcome again bro)

I don't do the vids for ya'll I do em for the peeps. You can call me the peoples champ. Has no idea how to do anything and whips up the
1st  mod to go fullscreen icon on scroll<<<<<<This IS the future...and is being emulated now
1st  mod to focus on the eq as a functionable item and not theme extension (this is still a DAP)
1st mod to change all icons in category section.
1st mod with an original elaborate video quality intro and outro<<<<<<This IS the future...and is being emulated now
1st mod to be introduced by a vid and pictures<<<<<<This IS the future...and is being emulated now
1st mod to make use of shade boxes for better viewing at distance.

1st guy to take a video of another guys work and get no thanks...that was a lousy 1st.

I am already being copied and it's nice but the cold shoulder /child stuff and less than civil behavior by not even thanking a dude who is displaying your work is almost over the line of forum behavior but I choose to do it so....

So let me remind you why I am still here
Look at that pic

My theme was downloaded 300 times in 2 days and I had to understand why so I took random screenshots and the average visitor to member count is 4/1 or more sometimes much more. Head-Fi is a place for you to enjoy...it is not yours to enjoy.

I have gotten mails from highly regarded members of this Head-Fi community telling me to keep up the good work.
This site is for the peeps. You use it at the leisure of the folks above you and I. I work very hard for this site but will never get Contributor status because of my way. I accept that. I appreciate the things Head-Fi does for me so I work hard for it.

Making a GUI based thread more visitor friendly is the point. Making circles of like minded folks is not. Groups function is for that.  Seeing the way I get slighted is certainly not appealing to another person who might wanna contribute. I got some PM's and one from a BOSS level member and another from another coding team from another site  and both said just deal with it and remember it's for the people.

I remember. You need to as well.

I respect Theo as a modder.
I like and respect Relic as a person and a modder who is the only person on this thread who has better skills/OCD than me and yet we have no issue.  He is better than I. I got no probs. I'm competitive but not stupid. I should hate him if it were a pissing contest or pride issue but he is just better than me.

The OP is excellent. He has never been anything but nice and is keeping a catalogue for the public and he is doing a fine job.

He is giving something to this site.

Longtime members will read this and nod knowingly. When a thread gets occupied by a few in this manner it becomes less and less appealing to the overall membership. The best threads including mine (200,000+) are respectful and welcoming and focus on helping one another.  You folks coulda come up with a video channel or a theme intro template or something besides posting stuff for another guy to archive months ago but didn't. So, it's kinda more about what you didn't do than it is about what I did do. Maybe that's the problem?

Now...we got vids (Ima keep doing that for the public)
Now there is a template (if mine and the latest are to be..and should be imitated)...for the public.

To the peeps:

This site is built for you. The forum is for the members and for you to look to find your answers but it's a section within Head-Fi.
It's all about you.
This for ya'll..

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #1,339 of 2,614
OCD or not dude, you always seem so angry. Makes me want to go somewhere else till you calm down. If you know you did something well and to the best of your abilities then that should be enough! I didn't like your themes so I have not commented until now,  but it doesnt mean I dont respect how much work you put into them and obviously some people love them. I just find them a bit over the top distracting. For me the DAP is about playing music and as such I like the more simple tech UIs.

David

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #1,340 of 2,614
Thanks. I had some failed text code and obsolete images that are now fixed
Should run much faster now.

This is for the lurkers and for the hangers on.

I bought my X5 partly because of how great it looked with a flowerlandfilm mod.
I asked questions and got no real answers.

Folks said do your own mod...it's easy. So I did. Got little help. Wasn't easy.....at first.
 Tried one out and it was a joke.

Quickly came to some conclusions.
  • Using the entire screen area for an icon would be the best for anyone with less than optimal vision who doesn't wanna hold the X5 close to their face.
  • Introducing your theme with lots of images and video is far more viewer friendly than the previous style which I find lazy and inexcusable. It's almost hard to believe it wasn't being done before. I made a theme....hours and hours. Snapshot of it took minutes. No excuse.

• Now...the latest theme was intro'd in the manner I did mine with page line breaks and pics (you're welcome bro)
  • Did a vid for the thread but of his theme and never got even a thanks or any comment whatsoever from him
  • Same guy in 2 points above now making a full screen image theme (you're welcome again bro)

I don't do the vids for ya'll I do em for the peeps. You can call me the peoples champ. Has no idea how to do anything and whips up the
1st  mod to go fullscreen icon on scroll<<<<<1st  mod to focus on the eq as a functionable item and not theme extension (this is still a DAP)
1st mod to change all icons in category section.
1st mod with an original elaborate video quality intro and outro<<<<<1st mod to be introduced by a vid and pictures<<<<<1st mod to make use of shade boxes for better viewing at distance.

1st guy to take a video of another guys work and get no thanks...that was a lousy 1st.

I am already being copied and it's nice but the cold shoulder /child stuff and less than civil behavior by not even thanking a dude who is displaying your work is almost over the line of forum behavior but I choose to do it so....

So let me remind you why I am still here
Look at that pic

My theme was downloaded 300 times in 2 days and I had to understand why so I took random screenshots and the average visitor to member count is 4/1 or more sometimes much more. Head-Fi is a place for you to enjoy...it is not yours to enjoy.

I have gotten mails from highly regarded members of this Head-Fi community telling me to keep up the good work.
This site is for the peeps. You use it at the leisure of the folks above you and I. I work very hard for this site but will never get Contributor status because of my way. I accept that. I appreciate the things Head-Fi does for me so I work hard for it.

Making a GUI based thread more visitor friendly is the point. Making circles of like minded folks is not. Groups function is for that.  Seeing the way I get slighted is certainly not appealing to another person who might wanna contribute. I got some PM's and one from a BOSS level member and another from another coding team from another site  and both said just deal with it and remember it's for the people.

I remember. You need to as well.

I respect Theo as a modder.
I like and respect Relic as a person and a modder who is the only person on this thread who has better skills/OCD than me and yet we have no issue.  He is better than I. I got no probs. I'm competitive but not stupid. I should hate him if it were a pissing contest or pride issue but he is just better than me.

The OP is excellent. He has never been anything but nice and is keeping a catalogue for the public and he is doing a fine job.

He is giving something to this site.

Longtime members will read this and nod knowingly. When a thread gets occupied by a few in this manner it becomes less and less appealing to the overall membership. The best threads including mine (200,000+) are respectful and welcoming and focus on helping one another.  You folks coulda come up with a video channel or a theme intro template or something besides posting stuff for another guy to archive months ago but didn't. So, it's kinda more about what you didn't do than it is about what I did do. Maybe that's the problem?

Now...we got vids (Ima keep doing that for the public)
Now there is a template (if mine and the latest are to be..and should be imitated)...for the public.

To the peeps:

This site is built for you. The forum is for the members and for you to look to find your answers but it's a section within Head-Fi.
It's all about you.
This for ya'll..

well, with all due respect and no offence at all.

i didn't see someone praise his work as much as you do, or even rank himself.

normally people are the one ranking you, but anyway since you are the 1st to do all this stuff and you are also ranked 2nd..

Congratulations then

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,342 of 2,614

A video...on topic.
The video.

Thoughts? Opinions?...an X5 Theme.....
I like it. Blue flashlight effect is very cool on scroll

My next theme (rough mock-up) background and textures and all that are rough now. This is just a concept image.

Will be a set of switches and the image in widescreen 16/9 ratio but smaller obviously and maybe something above. Really wondering if a X3v2 and X5 combined FW will open up stuff for us....kinda hesitating to go big on the other Hi-Fi themes but this will be cool in the meantime. Flipping switches on scroll....always wanted to try it

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #1,344 of 2,614
3D music symbol and 3D list?

EG 3D G cleff symbol to the right, and a 3 D glossy tablet (in angled relief) with numbers - say 1-6 ....

1 ----------------
2-----------------
3-----------------

etc?

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #1,345 of 2,614

Now Playing - A turntable.

I have no clue as to what to do for Favorites... any ideas?

Since you have CD's in the category section it implies burned CD's

A few years ago folks wrote "My Favorites" or something on a CD-RW and shared it with friends Your CD with my favorites written in a marker font might be cool?  I think the heart symbol is way over used in themes but a CD matches yours and it is familiar to anyone who shared a CD with another and wrote on it to remember what that CD was....and sometimes it was Favorites

Just an idea

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #1,346 of 2,614
  3D music symbol and 3D list?

EG 3D G cleff symbol to the right, and a 3 D glossy tablet (in angled relief) with numbers - say 1-6 ....

1 ----------------
2-----------------
3-----------------

etc?

Since you have CD's in the category section it implies burned CD's

A few years ago folks wrote "My Favorites" or something on a CD-RW and shared it with friends Your CD with my favorites written in a marker font might be cool?  I think the heart symbol is way over used in themes but a CD matches yours and it is familiar to anyone who shared a CD with another and wrote on it to remember what that CD was....and sometimes it was Favorites

Just an idea

Thank you for the ideas; I'll combine them and make a render as soon as possible.

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #1,347 of 2,614
This is sort of what I was thinking of

music-notes1.jpg3a9330ca-9cce-4552-856c-8b9e453475bcLarger.jpg

Obviously in your colours, and with a numbered list

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #1,348 of 2,614

Thank you for the ideas; I'll combine them and make a render as soon as possible.

Won't the emphasis on Cds put the turntable for Now Playing out of context?
The trouble is a CD player is very dull compared to a turntable - maybe the CD in an open tray would look better?

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #1,349 of 2,614
I guess I'm in the minority, but I tend to avoid the more skeumorphic themes. I'll have to see how this one turns out.

What I'd really like is a higher contrast version of your Harmony theme. I personally think that would be one of the best X5 themes so far if the contrast were bumped up for higher legibility. Maybe I'll give it a shot if you're focused on producing newer themes AsianInvasion.

:beerchug:

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #1,350 of 2,614

Won't the emphasis on Cds put the turntable for Now Playing out of context?
The trouble is a CD player is very dull compared to a turntable - maybe the CD in an open tray would look better?

I'll put both CDs and Records into the render to keep the Now Playing from looking out of sync.
I started modeling the G Cleff and realized how difficult it was to create...

I guess I'm in the minority, but I tend to avoid the more skeumorphic themes. I'll have to see how this one turns out.

What I'd really like is a higher contrast version of your Harmony theme. I personally think that would be one of the best X5 themes so far if the contrast were bumped up for higher legibility. Maybe I'll give it a shot if you're focused on producing newer themes @AsianInvasion.

beerchug.gif

I am working on the revision of the Harmony theme at the same time I'm working on the newer theme. I think I'll have Harmony finished first, but I'm planning on making the launcher rather simple/minimal, so it may feel different than the original.

As for the newer theme, I'll do my best to keep the function/ease of use up to par with the graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back