Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Feb 9, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #1,306 of 2,614
I haven't been able to finish Fragments II yet due to being busy; however, I have gotten to a point where I can upload a pre-release. Feel free to use or test for bugs (It should be good enough for daily use), but there are many graphics not updated from the original release. I also won't advise to use this as a base for a new theme.

Pre-Release 1:
  • Lists are now easier to read and have more depth
  • Topbar elements moved around
  • More metal/aluminum everywhere
  • New icons for shuffle/repeat/etc from Oxygen/Elegance
  • Carbon fiber for certain screens
  • Moved Fiio logo to boot splash; firmware name in boot animation instead

If you have any suggestions, please let me know and I'll try to get the changes in by the next pre-release.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9fkQZFkWYHQV3cyU1pxQXZoakE&authuser=0

Looks like you're off to an excellent start!
Keep up the nice work.

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #1,307 of 2,614

This will be the basic photo to try and make a new artist icon

The Dj icon from "Hi-Fi" won't match rock and roll but Robert Plant will.

I'm not sure how I'll do it but contrast and magic wand tool should help
redface.gif

@AsianInvasion

I tried the theme and it looks great. Let me know when it's final version and I'll do a vid. Looks really nice. Start -up and shut down animations are nice

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #1,308 of 2,614
Mods from @TheoS53 and @AsianInvasion were added. I also took the opportunity to fix @TheoS53 name in the first post. I don't know how but I had managed to write it as both The0S53 and TheoS52. It's all fixed now.

I updated the changelogs for themes from @Hawaiibadboy  and @x RELIC x.

I also added links to the videos that @Hawaiibadboy did. Thank-you for that.

Sorry for the lateness of the update. I'm in the process of selling my condo and it takes most of my free time these days.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #1,309 of 2,614
Mods from @TheoS53
 and @AsianInvasion
 were added. I also took the opportunity to fix @TheoS53
 name in the first post. I don't know how but I had managed to write it as both The0S53 and TheoS52. It's all fixed now.

I updated the changelogs for themes from @Hawaiibadboy
  and @x RELIC x

I also added links to the videos that @Hawaiibadboy
 did. Thank-you for that.

Sorry for the lateness of the update. I'm in the process of selling my condo and it takes most of my free time these days.

Just a note, the new fragments theme isn't complete; it's only a pre-release.

Feb 9, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #1,311 of 2,614
Finally complete!​
 ​

​
Fragments II
An update to the original fragments theme.
 ​
Click on image to zoom

With improved legibility, better graphics, and much more while keeping the original theme's look and feel.​
 ​

Download
 ​
There are two versions: The regular version, and a version with my logo in the boot animation replaced for the Fiio one.
 ​
Regular version: Here
 ​
To download the .zip file, click the download icon at the top.​
 ​

For Themers
 ​
The launcher and list have fully layered Paint.NET images included in the firmware, along with all icons used for the launcher. To access them, simply unpack the firmware.
 ​
Feel free to use this theme as a base for modifications or full re-themes.
 ​

Release Notes
 ​
Name of theme: Fragments II/Fragments II Fiio Logo
Version: 2.4​
Languages: All​
 ​
If you find bugs or have suggestions, please let me know.​

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #1,315 of 2,614

Another banner describing the changes/improvements added to Fragments II.

Now that Fragments II is released, I'll be working on Harmony II. It'll be a combination of the original Harmony and Oxygen themes, since they both had similar goals (Ease of use and simple design). It will use many Oxygen buttons/UI and it will also keep the green-blue Harmony color. This means that I'm basically merging Oxygen into the Harmony project, and Oxygen will no longer be updated/supported when Harmony II is released.

Planned improvements:
  1. Unified green-blue color throughout the theme
  2. Greatly improved legibility and ease of use
  3. A new simple launcher

If I'm missing something to add, please let me know.

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #1,316 of 2,614

Now that Fragments II is released, I'll be working on Harmony II. It'll be a combination of the original Harmony and Oxygen themes, since they both had similar goals (Ease of use and simple design). It will use many Oxygen buttons/UI and it will also keep the green-blue Harmony color. This means that I'm basically merging Oxygen into the Harmony project, and Oxygen will no longer be updated/supported when Harmony II is released.

Planned improvements:
  • Unified green-blue color throughout the theme
  • Greatly improved legibility and ease of use
  • A new simple launcher

Awesome! Increased contrast / legibility is all I'd like out of a new Harmony.

:beerchug:

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #1,319 of 2,614
Well, here it is............ Analog.

Analog Link

I have a pretty awesome boot logo but I think it's too sexy for the rest of the theme. I went with only one small circle under the main meter as it was way too distracting having two icons changing when rolling the wheel.

The startup animation goes a little crazy as well. Might simplify it later, but alas, I'm busy with work again. I think I'm done with themes for a bit.

Not much to see besides the main screen, the rest is just colours changed from the original 2.4 FW.

Also edited McFiiOtosh alternate. This is a mockup pic.

It's in the same location as the previous McFiiOtosh links but here it is again.

McFiiOtosh Alt Link

This Analog theme is gorgeous. The most beautiful I've seen till now. Keep up the good work you modders. I appreciate the time and efforts you put in this.

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #1,320 of 2,614

Planned improvements:
  • Unified green-blue color throughout the theme
  • Greatly improved legibility and ease of use
  • A new simple launcher

Very nice, I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back