​
 ​

NEW (Top)   OLD (bottom)

EQUALIZER

VOLUME

No album Art

Final version for Firmware 2.40
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0

" Greatest theme we have ever seen!!"​

This isn't a theme, It's a life altering experience.
Are You Experienced??

Peter Travers

@Nicolas2305 this is the FINAL changelog post
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #1,292 of 2,614

​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

NEW (Top)   OLD (bottom)

EQUALIZER

VOLUME

No album Art

Final version for Firmware 2.40
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0

" Greatest theme we have ever seen!!"​

This isn't a theme, It's a life altering experience.
Are You Experienced??

Peter Travers

Just installed this one. Daaaammnnn...that new equalizer is pure eye candy. I must admit the prior version made it difficult to determine where the levels were set to. I didn't comment because I was afraid you would go the other way and make it too conservative. This one looks polished, just as colourful and makes it immediately obvious to determine your levels. The semi transparent Hifi record as the volume wheel is just as sexy. I agree that calling it quits with this theme for fw 2.4 is a smart move at this point in time.

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #1,294 of 2,614
Great theme, and I  love the colors. Great work!

To be clear, the credit for the theme goes to TheoS53, and Hawaiibadboy made the video of it. Great work by both of them and appreciated by all I'm sure. :D

Edit: Perhaps Hawaiibadboy should label the vid "Simplicity by TheoS53" to avoid any potential confusion.

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #1,296 of 2,614
Hawaiibadboy......everyday I check this thread for you to upload video of the modded theme .....which makes my day much easy as I look through those video and decide which one to use ....makes the the waiting much easier until the arrival of my X5.....thanks man ...great contribution to the X5 family ..totally agreed ...videos of the theme is much more better than just screenshot.

Cheers :D

Feb 8, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #1,297 of 2,614
100% agree!!

Feb 8, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #1,298 of 2,614
Crazy skills and visually very enticing Hawaiibadboy and x RELIC x.....really professionally done .....

Also like very much other themes which are more simple ........easy on the eyes ....me need my reading glass when navigating the menu ....haha ...

Kudos guys ..dont know which to pick ..so spoiilt for choice .....:rolleyes:

Edited...spelling mistake..while typing "spoilt"...

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #1,299 of 2,614
Crazy skills and visually very enticing @Hawaiibadboy and @x RELIC x.....really professionally done .....

Also like very much other themes which are more simple ........easy on the eyes ....me need my reading glass when navigating the menu ....haha ...

Kudos guys ..dont know which to pick ..so spoiilt for choice .....
rolleyes.gif

Edited...spelling mistake..while typing "spoilt"...

You'll have more to choose from soon
 ​
 ​

​

2 Photo based Themes with all i have learned.

Classic'all  will be geared towards older users or those with an affinity towards Classical music. Using images (mostly B&W)
1977 is the year all the super groups it seems had world tours so it will be a wide open stadium crowd'ish nostalgic Rock and Roll flashback.

@Wokei

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=groups+that+toured+in+1977&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=livXVKmXNcy68gWahIDIAw

This is from the 1977 world tour. I downloaded it last night...checked 1977.....bingo...Rock n Roll!!!

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #1,300 of 2,614
You'll have more to choose from soon

2 Photo based Themes with all i have learned.

Classic'all  will be geared towards older users or those with an affinity towards Classical music. Using images (mostly B&W)
1977 is the year all the super groups it seems had world tours so it will be a wide open stadium crowd'ish nostalgic Rock and Roll flashback.

Yeah ...just the title of 1977 is already enuf to give a frenzy attack ..wait ..gotta run around the room to calm me self down ..woot woot ...special request ....gotta have some pic of Led Zep man ...cheers

You rock man ..more power to you......:p

Feb 8, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #1,301 of 2,614
I haven't been able to finish Fragments II yet due to being busy; however, I have gotten to a point where I can upload a pre-release. Feel free to use or test for bugs (It should be good enough for daily use), but there are many graphics not updated from the original release. I also won't advise to use this as a base for a new theme.

Pre-Release 1:
  1. Lists are now easier to read and have more depth
  2. Topbar elements moved around
  3. More metal/aluminum everywhere
  4. New icons for shuffle/repeat/etc from Oxygen/Elegance
  5. Carbon fiber for certain screens
  6. Moved Fiio logo to boot splash; firmware name in boot animation instead

If you have any suggestions, please let me know and I'll try to get the changes in by the next pre-release.

Download:
Here

Feb 8, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #1,302 of 2,614
I haven't been able to finish Fragments II yet due to being busy; however, I have gotten to a point where I can upload a pre-release. Feel free to use or test for bugs (It should be good enough for daily use), but there are many graphics not updated from the original release. I also won't advise to use this as a base for a new theme.

Pre-Release 1:
  • Lists are now easier to read and have more depth
  • Topbar elements moved around
  • More metal/aluminum everywhere
  • New icons for shuffle/repeat/etc from Oxygen/Elegance
  • Carbon fiber for certain screens
  • Moved Fiio logo to boot splash; firmware name in boot animation instead

If you have any suggestions, please let me know and I'll try to get the changes in by the next pre-release.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9fkQZFkWYHQV3cyU1pxQXZoakE&authuser=0

Fantastic, can't wait to try it out and poke around a bit!

:beerchug:

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #1,303 of 2,614
To be clear, the credit for the theme goes to @TheoS53, and @Hawaiibadboy made the video of it. Great work by both of them and appreciated by all I'm sure.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Perhaps Hawaiibadboy should label the vid "Simplicity by TheoS53" to avoid any potential confusion.

I didn't mean to short anyone on proper credit as you all do really neat themes that I enjoy. Keep up the great work that keeps the X5 so much fun!
Greatly appreciated.

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #1,304 of 2,614
 Themes can be divided into two categories: a work's thematic concept is what readers "think the work is about" and its thematic statement being "what the work says about the subject"

I have OCD

I believe a theme is a narrative.

For example"

This is Seji Ozawa
I saw him conduct the Boston Symphony Orchestra in person crazy hair flailing around. Feeling the power of an Orchestra was my birth into basshead'ism as the force of energy by a full orchestra live is amazing...you feel it through your body

Considering how I and maybe some others navigate the X5

INTRO (I made that gif)

>>Select file>>check eq>>adjust volume...

Or Intro...browse file select file...check eq.....adjust volume and done

for example

My themes will be a narration in the defined meaning of Theme. The intro is the part 1 the interaction with the device is the body part 2 and the closing is part 3

3 effective parts with narrative elements tying them in. My view.
Not better or less than another style. I am sure some OCD folks with an affinity towards mini stories will like my stuff and others won't.
Icons,colors etc will be unique to the theme. Nobody will see an intro they have seen before in a gif. I make these myself. The hunt for a guy placing a needle on the vinyl in "Hi-Fi" was after watching "How to change your turntables needle/stylus" videos for a long time
frown.gif
....(Learning experience.)

The themes will me made from the next firmware which gives me time to collect stuff and really consider the story which will be typed when it's introduced. Like the movie Inception the viewer sees what they want but I will present an idea with gaps filled by their mind.

The videos are working out great .

I consider this thread to be for the benefit of non members as Head-Fi has a "Group" system for groups. I bought my X5 partly after seeing @flowerlandfilms and @CH23 work so they helped sell an X5. Head-fi knows this. It is liked. Share the love...

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #1,305 of 2,614
I have OCD

I believe a theme is a narrative.

For example"

This is Seji Ozawa
I saw him conduct the Boston Symphony Orchestra in person crazy hair flailing around. Feeling the power of an Orchestra was my birth into basshead'ism as the force of energy by a full orchestra live is amazing...you feel it through your body

Considering how I and maybe some others navigate the X5

INTRO (I made that gif)

>>Select file>>check eq>>adjust volume...

Or Intro...browse file select file...check eq.....adjust volume and done

for example

My themes will be a narration in the defined meaning of Theme. The intro is the part 1 the interaction with the device is the body part 2 and the closing is part 3

3 effective parts with narrative elements tying them in. My view.
Not better or less than another style. I am sure some OCD folks with an affinity towards mini stories will like my stuff and others won't.
Icons,colors etc will be unique to the theme. Nobody will see an intro they have seen before in a gif. I make these myself. The hunt for a guy placing a needle on the vinyl in "Hi-Fi" was after watching "How to change your turntables needle/stylus" videos for a long time:frowning2: ....(Learning experience.)

The themes will me made from the next firmware which gives me time to collect stuff and really consider the story which will be typed when it's introduced. Like the movie Inception the viewer sees what they want but I will present an idea with gaps filled by their mind.

The videos are working out great .

I consider this thread to be for the benefit of non members as Head-Fi has a "Group" system for groups. I bought my X5 partly after seeing @flowerlandfilms
and @CH23
work so they helped sell an X5. Head-fi knows this. It is liked. Share the love...
You made reference to the fact what you saw on here helped convince you to buy this device. All I ever heard from salespeople was Fiio had the worst customer support. What I've seen is the other extreme, a company that is willing to listen to feedback and modders who are willing to do the same. Just makes this device so much enjoyable to use and customise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back