Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 21, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #961 of 2,614
The needle moves with input from the wheel and points to the small icons in the meter. Underneath the meter the icons and text change depending on where the needle is pointing.

You can see the row of icons in the VU meter at the top but I made them very subtle or else it overwhelmed the feel of the meter.

Edit: I feel this theme has a 10/10 for readability.

That's just crazy!!

That is a genius idea.
I'm fixated on trying to auto hide the top bar unless the wheel is moved (let me know if you think that's possible)
I have been an owner and fan of the brand for years. Is it expensive? Yeah...so is Bose but Mc is worth it. Awesome choice and the execution looks epic.

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #962 of 2,614
Hey there, Just to let you know that the first post was updated with the contributions from everyone.

As a note about proper credit to the original author for their work, I try to keep the firmware index organized in such a way that the "root" contribution for each mod is always on the first level. any subsequent modifications/improvements by either the original creator or other modders will be nested under the original submission. That way it is easy to know who was to original creator and who submitted alterations of the original work.

That being said, if any modder doesn't agree with their work being modified by anyone else they should be clear about it. If this is the case they can also PM me to ask that I don't list unauthorized modifications of their work in the initial post.

I just wanted to address this specific subject before it becomes an actual issue. I want this thread to stay as peaceful as possible (I'm that kind of person). 

I would also ask, if possible, for modders to identify these key points when posting their new mods. This will greatly help me properly list the submissions in the first post.
  1. Name of the mod/theme
    1. For new themes: name it whatever you want, I just want a name to list it in the first post
    2. For modifications to existing themes: Provide the name of the original theme so I can list it at the proper location
  2. Version of the firmware. If not specified, I will list it in the latest stable version by default.
  3. Language specific (if applicable)

These items were added in the first post in the "note to modders" section

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #964 of 2,614
Guys, 
Thanks for all your hard work on the mods & edits. Another user appreciate of all your efforts. The modded Tesla is my fav so far, but being hardcore tube lover, the McYouKnowWhat theme will definitely be in my future.

As an aside, if you like Tesla, you should read the book and see the movie, The Prestige. Yeah, that's Bowie as Tesla!

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #967 of 2,614

That's just crazy!!

That is a genius idea.
I'm fixated on trying to auto hide the top bar unless the wheel is moved (let me know if you think that's possible)

................. [snip]

No, I don't think this is possible. FiiO pretty much just uses different images to give the illusion of movement and its quite an efficient way of doing the UI, but there are limitations. Basically as soon as you move the wheel it calls the next image so there would be no time in-between to hide the top bar.

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #971 of 2,614
"Knob"

Download:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/4anegn8pd5en0eu/Knob.Fiio.x5.mod.2.4.zip

Based on FW 2.4  
Inspired by @CH23 "Simply Straight" (the 7 icon theme) 
Non-English language packs removed to improve responsiveness.

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #973 of 2,614
I will try this one. Top bar looks easier to read then original.
Quote:
  "Knob"

Download:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/4anegn8pd5en0eu/Knob.Fiio.x5.mod.2.4.zip

Based on FW 2.4  
Inspired by @CH23 "Simply Straight" (the 7 icon theme) 
Non-English language packs removed to improve responsiveness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back