Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Dec 18, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #646 of 2,614
I don't mind doing this but Has CH23 updated his 90° rotated menu reversed scrolling mod for the new firmware? That is my starting point.

I don't mod the beta firmwares, but i'll do so again for the next official release :)

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #647 of 2,614
Slightly blown away by this. Not my favourite colours, but the GUI this way is so logical that i feel stupid for not thinking of this first ;P

Great job!

lol thanks buddy. it took quite a bit of thinking and loads of trial and error to come up with the idea

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #648 of 2,614
I don't mod the beta firmwares, but i'll do so again for the next official release
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool! I will do the follow-on mod then.

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #649 of 2,614
Slightly blown away by this. Not my favourite colours, but the GUI this way is so logical that i feel stupid for not thinking of this first ;P

Great job!

Agree. I'm going to mod the color scheme with a plain background soon and will upload if TheoS53 doesn't mind. I also updated and simplified the FragmentsBlue theme posted a few pages back and will upload soon.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #653 of 2,614
is there a way to make a reversed theme that would look good and work good, just to have the headphone output on the bottom? I'm sorry if i sound stupid, but my programming skills are not enough for me to understand where the theme part ends and the firmware more complicated part begins.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #654 of 2,614
  is there a way to make a reversed theme that would look good and work good, just to have the headphone output on the bottom? I'm sorry if i sound stupid, but my programming skills are not enough for me to understand where the theme part ends and the firmware more complicated part begins.

I'm sure an upside down theme is possible,after all they can reverse the scrollwheel...and reposition the icons.
The title bar is fixed, though I believe and I doubt it's possible to invert the album art.
I guess you'll have to learn to read standing on your head
beyersmile.png

A more practical approach might be a right angle adapter for your headphones.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #655 of 2,614

I'm sure an upside down theme is possible,after all they can reverse the scrollwheel...and reposition the icons.
The title bar is fixed, though I believe and I doubt it's possible to invert the album art.
I guess you'll have to learn to read standing on your head
beyersmile.png

A more practical approach might be a right angle adapter for your headphones.

I don't believe it's possible. Sure, we can rotate icons etc, but the orientation of lists are fixed

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #657 of 2,614
  It took a while, but I finished another theme. I have uploaded it in the same Google Drive folder as my previous theme.

I also uploaded some of the images I used for various UI elements in the theme. Feel free to use/modify them.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9fkQZFkWYHQUFZMRkdiQjVobWM&usp=sharing

Great work!

My only suggestion (from a design perspective), is to work on the alignment of the icons+text on the home screen. It'll look way better if you have it centred, i.e same distance between the top bar, big text + big icon, and icon bar

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #658 of 2,614
Great job!

Great as it is, I still prefer your 'Simply Straight' version of fw - any chance you'll transfer it to 2.36 or to the final version at least? I'd do it myself but am a Mac user & don't want to dick about with Boot Camp etc to run your extractor/packing software.

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #659 of 2,614
Great as it is, I still prefer your 'Simply Straight' version of fw - any chance you'll transfer it to 2.36 or to the final version at least? I'd do it myself but am a Mac user & don't want to dick about with Boot Camp etc to run your extractor/packing software.

I will update both my 90° themes (clockwise, and counter clockwise) and the "plain background" version of the "simply straight" theme to the next release.
Betas i don't do because beta releases can follow eachother very rapidly, and can be buggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back