Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Dec 13, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #631 of 2,614

We run almost the same gear besides a diff series of cans so I got no issue with you.

I know the rules. You know some fools blow their stuff. I used to go to and compete in IASCA events and you could count on someone getting to crazy. If they had a sponser they would switch it out if they were not they were fu____.

I just have allergic reactions to the term acceptable. Nothing personal.

I find the X5 at 40-50% and the e12 doing the rest works best

I just realized we are in theme/modding so my apologies to olddude and gang.

No offense fellas.

I am using the Aztechno gold rotated theme and loving it. Thank you.

/OT

What do you mean by "I find the X5 at 40-50% and the e12 doing the rest works best"???? 40-50% volume? you're not suppose to be double amping the signal

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #632 of 2,614
  What do you mean by "I find the X5 at 40-50% and the e12 doing the rest works best"???? 40-50% volume? you're not suppose to be double amping the signal

Spent hours trying to get bass like my Cowon gives and X5 on low gain volume 40 (33.3%ish) and e12 16dB gain on, Bass boost on volume/gain knob of e12 50% ish

Less dap and more amp brings distortion and more dap less amp is not enough. It's the balance for the SZ series.

on a set like the ma 900 sans the amp the protection system is nice

For a basshead set it isn't. 

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #633 of 2,614

Spent hours trying to get bass like my Cowon gives and X5 on low gain volume 40 (33.3%ish) and e12 16dB gain on, Bass boost on volume/gain knob of e12 50% ish

Less dap and more amp brings distortion and more dap less amp is not enough. It's the balance for the SZ series.

on a set like the ma 900 sans the amp the protection system is nice

For a basshead set it isn't. 

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what you're saying doesn't quite make sense. "X5 on low gain volume 40". High and Low gain only applies to the gain sent through the lineout jack. That's why I asked if you're using the volume on the X5, because if you are, you're double amping (using the amp in the X5 and the E12 combined). Have you tried using the lineout on the X5 connected to the E12?

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #634 of 2,614
You sure love your bass.  When I tried an EQ, if was just barely not flat across all sliders, with a bit extra on the left and a bit less on the right.  

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #635 of 2,614
  Perhaps I'm missing something, but what you're saying doesn't quite make sense. "X5 on low gain volume 40". High and Low gain only applies to the gain sent through the lineout jack. That's why I asked if you're using the volume on the X5, because if you are, you're double amping (using the amp in the X5 and the E12 combined). Have you tried using the lineout on the X5 connected to the E12?

I use the line out not the headphone out.
LO>>e12>>SZ

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #636 of 2,614
  You sure love your bass.  When I tried an EQ, if was just barely not flat across all sliders, with a bit extra on the left and a bit less on the right.  

I'm sorry about the OT stuff.
On the plus side the vid in the spoiler has the aztechno gold rotated theme if anyone asks what it looks like in action it's in that vid

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #637 of 2,614

I'm sorry about the OT stuff.
On the plus side the vid in the spoiler has the aztechno gold rotated theme if anyone asks what it looks like in action it's in that vid

ok, but if you're using the LO, then why mention the 40-50 volume on the dap? since that volume setting is completely ignored with the LO

Dec 13, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #639 of 2,614
Thank you for the Modern Simplicity firmware mod (darker) - i installed the original and was impressed but found it slightly difficult to read so the darker version works well for we older users with challenged eyes.

all the best

david

Dec 13, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #641 of 2,614
You could probably do it yourself, if you have a Windows box.  I believe you just need to swap some files from the mod to the beta.  

Dec 13, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #642 of 2,614
Yup, I believe you need to swap the litegui and coordinates folders and logo.png. And the fonts folder if a different font is used. Anything I'm missing?

Once you've done this, you can just update the mod by unpacking the old fw, copying over the new .bin file in the fw's root folder, packing it back up, and reflashing. If there are new menu items added, there's another folder that needs to be transferred get, too - forgot the name but it's got a bunch of .ini files. This is the one where you can change the name of menu items if you'd like them to be called something different. I renamed all the EQ settings to match my favorite HP/IEM some no can configure them with fine tweaks.

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #643 of 2,614
  ​Gold 90° rotated menu reversed scrolling by cooperpwc (post - direct download)

@cooperpwc

Any chance of getting this updated for the 2.36 FW?

If not I just might go back.
I got so used to it's awesomeness

I don't mind doing this but Has CH23 updated his 90° rotated menu reversed scrolling mod for the new firmware? That is my starting point.

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #645 of 2,614

Users who are viewing this thread

Back