Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Dec 12, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #601 of 2,614
Well done Theo.  Your best yet :)

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #603 of 2,614
Very nice indeed.  Any chance of making the screen backgrounds a bit darker for more contrast for those of us oldies that need that to be able to see?  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #604 of 2,614
  Very nice indeed.  Any chance of making the screen backgrounds a bit darker for more contrast for those of us oldies that need that to be able to see?  
very_evil_smiley.gif

It's already pretty dark...just how bad are your eyes? lol.

which screens in particular?

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #605 of 2,614
Just all of them.  
gs1000.gif

The main select screen is light but I can see it.  The music folders screen is the one I have open outdoors.  The rest aren't really an issue in days-to-dayuse

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #606 of 2,614
  It's already pretty dark...just how bad are your eyes? lol.

which screens in particular?

Nice theme....I have bad 51 year old eyes and to me the main screen is the only light one.

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #607 of 2,614

Nice theme....I have bad 51 year old eyes and to me the main screen is the only light one.

The main screen is very bright due to the centre circle and the large central white icon. Changes to these may improve the overall appearance.
I've not tried it outdoors as it's cold and grey here!
Overall - I like it and it's staying on my X5 for now.
Great work TheoS53
beerchug.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #608 of 2,614
  Just all of them.  
gs1000.gif

The main select screen is light but I can see it.  The music folders screen is the one I have open outdoors.  The rest aren't really an issue in days-to-dayuse

Sorry, as I reread my reply to you I realised it may have come across as a bit undiplomatic. That wasn't my intention.

How high is the brightness on your screen turned up?

Unfortunately there are quite a few elements of the theme that are hard coded, such as the colour of the text in the lists. I'll have a poke around and see what I can do. I actually had a look at some of the previous comments in this thread, and took yours (of preferring to see all menu items on the screen) into account when I made the new theme. 

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #610 of 2,614
("I realised it may have come across as a bit undiplomatic")  No worries, I didn't take it that way and thanks, better contrast now, especially when reading album titles and song titles.  
beerchug.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #611 of 2,614
  I decided to scrap the last theme idea...I didn't really like it. So I've made a new one with FW 2.36

Modern Simplicity

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xbhhzqzdg31z28d/X5_Modern_Simplicity_FW2.36.zip

Damn that looks good. Any chance of porting it to the x3, or have you given up on that?

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #612 of 2,614
  Damn that looks good. Any chance of porting it to the x3, or have you given up on that?

I am contemplating it. Would have to be a little bit different though, as this theme was created specifically to be as intuitive as I can think of for use with a scroll wheel. For the X3, perhaps the title of the menu selection and the icons would have to swap sides

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #613 of 2,614
  I am contemplating it. Would have to be a little bit different though, as this theme was created specifically to be as intuitive as I can think of for use with a scroll wheel. For the X3, perhaps the title of the menu selection and the icons would have to swap sides

I gotta say this is definitely your best looking mod so far (imo). Fiio really should hire you as a freelance designer. 

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #615 of 2,614
Question for Theo.    How do you go from a 36MB file (2.36beta) to an 18MB file without losing something important?  I'm not a programmer but it seems something had to be lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back