Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Dec 3, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #572 of 2,614
http://www.head-fi.org/t/661411/fiio-x5-thread-info-updated-on-jan-17th-2014/13995#post_11096493

Next official firmware revision might have the "90° mod" built in.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #573 of 2,614
  Less Is More is my choice - sexy, simple and clean

If you find that Matrix with the new screen you added (hallway scene) I'd love a link...please
biggrin.gif

O.K.

I'm gonna get nooblet here...

The white usb to micro sd is for me to take out the tf and drop the firmware on it then put it in the X5? It says "preferebly blank' on their site but mine is not.

Am I gonna brick anything if I do it like the instructions using my little white adapter using a card not blank?

(I know...i need another card
redface.gif
)

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #574 of 2,614

If you find that Matrix with the new screen you added (hallway scene) I'd love a link...please
biggrin.gif

O.K.

I'm gonna get nooblet here...

The white usb to micro sd is for me to take out the tf and drop the firmware on it then put it in the X5? It says "preferebly blank' on their site but mine is not.

Am I gonna brick anything if I do it like the instructions using my little white adapter using a card not blank?

(I know...i need another card
redface.gif
)

The card needs to be formatted as FAT32 and inserted in the first card slot. Don't worry about having music files on the card - they cause zero issues here.

Dec 3, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #575 of 2,614

The card needs to be formatted as FAT32 and inserted in the first card slot. Don't worry about having music files on the card - they cause zero issues here.

The first time I put the  card in the X5 it formatted it. Pretty sure it asked me and I did. Was that not into Fat32?

EDIT:

I just right clicked it and checked properties in Windows and it's FAT32..

Thanks for your help
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #576 of 2,614

The first time I put the  card in the X5 it formatted it. Pretty sure it asked me and I did. Was that not into Fat32?

EDIT:

I just right clicked it and checked properties in Windows and it's FAT32..

Thanks for your help
beerchug.gif

Ah... good - you beat me to it. Now you can have some fun with all the wonderful themes that have been created.
My favourite is the combination of flowerlandfilms aztechno with CH23's 90° rotation applied as provided by cooperpwc.
Thanks again to all of them and Nicolas2305 for keeping the first post up to date with everything.

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #577 of 2,614

Ah... good - you beat me to it. Now you can have some fun with all the wonderful themes that have been created.
My favourite is the combination of flowerlandfilms aztechno with CH23's 90° rotation applied as provided by cooperpwc.
Thanks again to all of them and Nicolas2305 for keeping the first post up to date with everything.

Where is that theme? Is there a combo one?

The matrix link is dead and the aztech one is as well I believe

EDIT

Am downloading the one you mentioned now

HOLY SHIiiiT

That was easy.

I use to write some code html xhtml and css and imagined some crazy stuff but that was ultra easy....here here for hi-tech!!

I used to write stuff...hunt for some un closed tag somewhere and have a crash and lose a weekend of work.

Windows Me........

Some folks have no idea how easy it is now. I just got reminded!!

Matrix me...I wanna see some dripping animated code and don't care about battery life.
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #578 of 2,614
Here's a 2.2 version of the Matrix theme with the updated now playing image to show this:

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/odwm8w60kdosey1/AAC4F4cFNDXq9IpL277Ydo8wa?dl=0

EDIT: Full credit to the original designer, I just change the now playing screen image and copied the theme onto the 2.2 version FW

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #579 of 2,614
  Here's a 2.2 version of the Matrix theme with the updated now playing image to show this:

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/odwm8w60kdosey1/AAC4F4cFNDXq9IpL277Ydo8wa?dl=0

EDIT: Full credit to the original designer, I just change the now playing screen image and copied the theme onto the 2.2 version FW

Awesome THANKS!

The text "Now Playing" etc is dissapearing off the right side. only 1/2 is visible?

The intro screen is great and then it puts the text too far to the right

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #580 of 2,614

Awesome THANKS!

The text "Now Playing" etc is dissapearing off the right side. only 1/2 is visible?

The intro screen is great and then it puts the text too far to the right

Thanks for letting me know - I'll get it fixed

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #583 of 2,614
Dec 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #585 of 2,614
Hello, I've been lurking the forums for a long time, and I've made a full re-theme firmware based on original 2.20. It's designed to be simple and easy to use.
I still don't have enough posts to post a screenshot, so I placed one in the folder with the firmware.

Edit nearly 2 years later:
Themes here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back