Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Nov 10, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #496 of 2,614
Aaaaarg! You guys are making some nice themes and I'm tempted to jump from 2.02b because of it. Just finding it hard to lose the perfect functionality of the Play All by Artist category in this FW. Nice work people. :D

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #497 of 2,614
Aaaaarg! You guys are making some nice themes and I'm tempted to jump from 2.14b because of it. Just finding it hard to lose the perfect functionality of the Play All by Artist category in this FW. Nice work people.
biggrin.gif

what's wrong with the play all by artist in 2.2?

Categories > Artist > select Artist > select All Songs at the bottom

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #498 of 2,614
what's wrong with the play all by artist in 2.2?

Categories > Artist > select Artist > select All Songs at the bottom

In FW2.02b the category plays each album in order, one after the other, grouped by album regardless of track name or number with each song per album playing in order as well. This is the only FW to organize in this way.

FiiO nailed it on this one and regressed in every FW since. Sad.

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #499 of 2,614
In FW2.14b the category plays each album in order, one after the other, grouped by album regardless of track name or number. This is the only FW to organize in this way.

FiiO nailed it on this one and regressed in every FW since. Sad.

very strange indeed

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #500 of 2,614
very strange indeed

Yeah, I don't get it. When the next FW was released I posted dozens of requests in the beta forum begging for it to return to the previous behaviour, but there seemed to be a lack of communication with FiiO. Now the Play All by Artist category mixes tracks from different albums in order of their name, not respecting the grouping of the album they should be in.

In the pic below you can see 'the Wall[1]' mixed up with the first track from 'Division Bell' then the first track from 'Dark Side of the Moon' then 'The Wall[2]’ based on the name of the track........ Very annoying.

This is the case no matter who the artist is and how it's named. All FW after 2.02b simply organizes tracks by name in this category, not by album like it should.

It should be, and is with FW 2.02b, all tracks from 'Dark Side of the Moon' then all tracks from 'The Wall[1]-[2]' then all tracks from 'Division Bell' etc., regardless of track name. Works perfect in 2.02b.

This is how it should look

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #501 of 2,614
Yeah, I don't get it. When the next FW was released I posted dozens of requests begging for it to return to the previous behaviour, but there seemed to be a lack of communication with FiiO. Now the Play All by Artist category mixes tracks from different albums in order of their name, not respecting the grouping of the album they should be in.

For example 'Dark Side of the Moon' will play the first track then 'The Wall' will play its first track, then the second track is played for each album, then the third.......... Very annoying.

In the pic below you can see 'the Wall[1]' mixed up with 'Division Bell' then 'Dark Side of the Moon' then 'The Wall[2]’ based on the name of the track

It should be, and is with FW 2.14b, all tracks from 'Dark Side of the Moon' then all tracks from 'The Wall[1]-[2]' then all tracks from 'Division Bell' etc., regardless of track name. Works perfect in 2.14b.

Hmm...I wonder why they removed that. surely there must be a good reason for it. Anyways, If you can point me to the link for 2.14b I'll just copy my theme files over for ya

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #502 of 2,614
Hmm...I wonder why they removed that. surely there must be a good reason for it. Anyways, If you can point me to the link for 2.14b I'll just copy my theme files over for ya

Oops! My bad, it's 2.02b........ Don't know what I was thinking 2.14. Lol! Editing previous post.

Here's the link to the FW. I should warn you that because it's beta FW there are other little quirks going on like 176kHz sample rate is messed up with coaxial out, and the info screen is a jumbled mess with random Chinese characters. Take the good with the bad I guess, right?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/722958/fiio-x5-beta-firmware-2-02-download-and-discussion-thread#post_10631250

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #503 of 2,614
Oops! My bad, it's 2.02b........ Don't know what I was thinking 2.14. Lol! Editing previous post.

Here's the link to the FW. I should warn you that because it's beta FW there are other little quirks going on like 176kHz sample rate is messed up with coaxial out, and the info screen is a jumbled mess with random Chinese characters. Take the good with the bad I guess, right?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/722958/fiio-x5-beta-firmware-2-02-download-and-discussion-thread#post_10631250

i won't be messing with any of that stuff...will post up a link when it's done

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #504 of 2,614
Nov 11, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #507 of 2,614
PhotoShop is all you need to make the themes

A while back, Theo, I reported how your theme corrected a problem I was having getting quickly to the card selection page. It was too early to tell if it was permanent or just a flash in the pan. Well, it's been about a month and I've been really appreciating what you did and it somehow permanently corrected it. Many thanks, even if you don't know what you did, but somehow, I can say, the answer is: File Explorer. It always sends me to the card selection page.

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #508 of 2,614
A while back, Theo, I reported how your theme corrected a problem I was having getting quickly to the card selection page. It was too early to tell if it was permanent or just a flash in the pan. Well, it's been about a month and I've been really appreciating what you did and it somehow permanently corrected it. Many thanks, even if you don't know what you did, but somehow, I can say, the answer is: File Explorer. It always sends me to the card selection page.

I still find it very strange. Were you on firmware 2.2 before? Because I genuinely didn't change anything that would've altered the way that the UI operates

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #510 of 2,614
I still find it very strange. Were you on firmware 2.2 before? Because I genuinely didn't change anything that would've altered the way that the UI operates

Yes, Theo, I was on fw 2.2 before and it was very difficult to get to the card selection w/o many steps. Now it's so easy and it looks a heck of a lot better! Now I can't easily fault the X5 on anything at all!

Burn in, olddude, hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back