Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jul 13, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #196 of 2,614
Just wanted to take a moment and thank CH23 for the work he's done with initially updating the FW.  I've been waiting for a stable release so that I could get an updated copy of the latest FW with the reversed vertical scroll.  In the end, I decided to do it myself on 2.07beta.

Thanks to CH23's tools + examples, it ended up being less than 5 minutes to unpack, work out the changes, copy his graphic files, repack, then reflash.

Kudos mate.

Jul 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #197 of 2,614
  Just wanted to take a moment and thank CH23 for the work he's done with initially updating the FW.  I've been waiting for a stable release so that I could get an updated copy of the latest FW with the reversed vertical scroll.  In the end, I decided to do it myself on 2.07beta.

Thanks to CH23's tools + examples, it ended up being less than 5 minutes to unpack, work out the changes, copy his graphic files, repack, then reflash.

Kudos mate.

Any chance I can get a copy of your modded FW?  It's the only thing preventing me from installing 2.07b.  Better yet, it there a n00bs guide to hacking the FW?  The only change I really need to make is to reverse the confounded scrolling.  If FiiO would just add the blasted option, it would eliminate a lot of grief.  Thanks!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends 

Jul 13, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #199 of 2,614
I've PM'd you.

The fw I changed is simply 2.07 beta with the horizontal wheel (instead of vertical) with icons on top, and scrolling reversed.

This one - but applied to 2.07beta

Jul 13, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #201 of 2,614
I've PM'd you.

The fw I changed is simply 2.07 beta with the horizontal wheel (instead of vertical) with icons on top, and scrolling reversed.

This one - but applied to 2.07beta

Please could you put a link to the file as I can't stand the normal scroll wheel direction.

Many thanks.

Jul 13, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #202 of 2,614
Will be later tonight.  Currently at work (it's only a little after 9.30 am here).  But will post a dropbox link for anyone who wants it.

Jul 13, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #203 of 2,614

Kudos mate.

Thank you for the praise :D

I'll still update for stable releases, but to update for every beta seemed a bit too much for me, so thank you for doing that :)

Jul 13, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #204 of 2,614
Thank you for the praise
biggrin.gif

I'll still update for stable releases, but to update for every beta seemed a bit too much for me, so thank you for doing that
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't blame you, it seems like FiiO is trying to make so many improvements of late that they will be cranking out a ton of beta firmware versions.  Trying to keep up would be a full time job...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #205 of 2,614
Dropbox link to the 2.07beta with horizontal wheel (icons at top) and reversed scrolling

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvis1b8fe9zayby/x5.fw

Enjoy

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #206 of 2,614
Jul 14, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #207 of 2,614
Brooko, cannot get get to the dropbox.  Can you please check all is as it should be?

Many thanks

Edit:  All sorted, was a firewall problem.  Will test and let you know how I get on.  Thanks for your efforts with this, I too cannot cope with the default scroll direction.  :)

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #208 of 2,614
Thank you for the praise
biggrin.gif

I'll still update for stable releases, but to update for every beta seemed a bit too much for me, so thank you for doing that
smily_headphones1.gif

This is my view too. Once you update for the next stable release, I will do an Aztechno gold wheel update. Thanks and credit as always to you and flowerlandfilms.

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #209 of 2,614
Love this thread, as it puts all the beta and mods in one place!
I'm currently using the v2.02 and love the way it plays all the music by artist.
Is any other betas worthwhile updating to? some seem to break the play by artist function, as I read them, and some don't sound as good?

Anyone has any opinion that there is a really worthwhile update in any of the betas? If not, I will also wait till the next stable update... or may be when they release the fix to the 5800 song thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back