Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 23, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #106 of 2,614
Now let's just hope that FiiO puts more stuff in the configuration files to give you guys more flexibility.

Awesome job!

May 24, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #110 of 2,614
flowerlandfilms

I don't know how good you are with transparency in files, but i have an idea for your theme:

Instead of using only the icons as fullscreen image, you could try editing the 12 scrollwheel images as use for "animated" background, and using only the text as the icons.

I hope you understand my idea?

May 24, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #112 of 2,614

@flowerlandfilms

I don't know how good you are with transparency in files, but i have an idea for your theme:

Instead of using only the icons as fullscreen image, you could try editing the 12 scrollwheel images as use for "animated" background, and using only the text as the icons.

I hope you understand my idea?

That's the way it's done!

I think, if I understood correctly, that CH23 meant to keep a wheel of some description and have the vertical characters move behind the wheel and either text or icons for the selections. Not sure what other imagery you would use to keep with the Matrix theme though

May 24, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #113 of 2,614
The way it is layed out currently, is I have:

1 - A Background image with a static green texture
2 - The Icons which are just text
3 - The Scroll Wheel images which are running the animated code

The scroll wheel actually goes in front of the icons so only the code is visible and the rest is transparent, same with the text.
I think it gives a cool "layered" effect.
But it's actually causing problems, if I go to now playing, and then back to the launcher, It fails to load the background image and select other images.
I think it is because My images have larger file sizes than the originals so it is having trouble keeping them loaded into the ram.
Maybe, I don't know.

May 25, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #114 of 2,614
The way it is layed out currently, is I have:

1 - A Background image with a static green texture

2 - The Icons which are just text

3 - The Scroll Wheel images which are running the animated code

The scroll wheel actually goes in front of the icons so only the code is visible and the rest is transparent, same with the text.

I think it gives a cool "layered" effect.

But it's actually causing problems, if I go to now playing, and then back to the launcher, It fails to load the background image and select other images.

I think it is because My images have larger file sizes than the originals so it is having trouble keeping them loaded into the ram.

Maybe, I don't know.

I love how we had the same idea and you already executed it.

I think the transparency is giving it a bit trouble.

I should examine your images for a 'definitive' conclusion...

May 27, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #116 of 2,614

These are my launcher images. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57768148/launcher.7z

If I can't sort it out it may put the Kibosh on the whole thing

Don't give up!  Looks wicked cool
evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif

May 28, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #117 of 2,614

These are my launcher images. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57768148/launcher.7z

If I can't sort it out it may put the Kibosh on the whole thing

My concern is that the processor just does not have the firepower to layer PNG transparencies. In practice, the issue may not be solvable directly. Indirectly, you could carve a window from the background where the 'printed icons' appear. That would probably work.

May 28, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #118 of 2,614

My concern is that the processor just does not have the firepower to layer PNG transparencies. In practice, the issue may not be solvable directly. Indirectly, you could carve a window from the background where the 'printed icons' appear. That would probably work.

I haven't looked at the specific files yet, but knowing that the stock images are transparencies, maybe it's just a matter of keeping the printed icons smaller and adjusting coordinates accordingly. Apologies if this misses the mark as I'm working with an assumption of how you've created the theme until I have a chance to download and look at the files.

May 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #119 of 2,614
Okay, this one is better...not the final product, but better. I was looking to emulate as much as possible th rest of the text-only screens in the UI:

I need to make the text larger, and find a way to make sure all seven icon images are exactly the same. At the moment if you scroll too quickly you see the writing shift a teeny bit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64083930/x5%5BTxtFront%5D.zip

May 29, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #120 of 2,614
Okay, this one is better...not the final product, but better. I was looking to emulate as much as possible th rest of the text-only screens in the UI:

I need to make the text larger, and find a way to make sure all seven icon images are exactly the same. At the moment if you scroll too quickly you see the writing shift a teeny bit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64083930/x5%5BTxtFront%5D.zip

Keep going!!! I'm going to take this for a spin and (if I have time) try to mod it a bit with the font I cribbed for X3 theming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back