Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #76 of 2,614
  Just a question for modders. Is it possible to change the way the album art is showing? For example, if we can see the entire album art, it will be perfect for me. 
dt880smile.png

This is for the main modders Fiio - vote for it on Bugzilla

i'm afraid you'd have to edit the actual album art and add a 90 pixel bar at the bottom of your art.

Now that is taking workarounds just a little too far...

May 20, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #77 of 2,614
So i found a way to show all 7 categories, it's almost cheating to do so, but it simplifies a lot of things.
This way you need to create just 7 images and nothing more.

What did i do:

-removed everything but the 7 "*_l_1.png" files from /litegui/theme1/launcher/
-edited the files to take up the entire screen
-edited /coordinate/launcher.ini :
--removed the x and y coordinates for everything but "2"
--changed the x and y coordinates for "2" to be 0

Code:

May 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #78 of 2,614
So i found a way to show all 7 categories, it's almost cheating to do so, but it simplifies a lot of things.

What did i do:

--changed the x and y coordinates for "2" to be 0

Code:

Text-only theme, please :)

May 20, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #79 of 2,614

What did i do:

--changed the x and y coordinates for "2" to be 0 Code:
Code:
 <i_2_x>0</i_2_x> <i_2_y>0</i_2_y>

Awesome.

May 20, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #80 of 2,614
This is great...I was mucking about trying to make images of a text only version and put them in over the current launch theme. This is the real deal though :)

May 21, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #82 of 2,614
Okay...here's the first stab at a text-only theme:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64083930/x5%5Btextonly%5D.zip

Many thanks to @CH23 for the starters on the code. I have awful graphics skills and only access to paint, so the launcher screens could use a professional's touch...if anyone feels compelled to step in and improve upon them, they are most welcome to it
tongue.gif

May 21, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #83 of 2,614
May 21, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #84 of 2,614
Any chance of a screenshot to see what it looks like? Please.

Here you go:

The font in the yellow bar is a dark orange color. Just realized I screwed up the screens btw. The last one has all of the font in dark orange, and the other 6 have "Now Playing" instead of "Library" at the top...this is what happens when you do this stuff at work instead of...well...ahem...working...LOL. Will be fixing that when I get a chance
confused_face(1).gif

May 21, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #87 of 2,614
@fleasbaby: I want those damn TPS Reports on my desk 5 minutes ago!!!

Love the text-only theme. Will be happy to get my hands on your config files and do a little mod to your mod
smily_headphones1.gif

By all means, please do. My ham-fisted attempts are sloppy at best
tongue_smile.gif
. Any improvements will be loved and treated with great respect.

I'll wait for a fixed version before adding it in the first post.

Please do. I probably should have not posted that first attempt. Its embarrassingly sloppy, but its groundwork at least!

Its worth noting, the "Now Playing" screen has a plain black background on this one.

May 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #88 of 2,614
With all that being said, It's nice seeing more modders trying stuff with the firmware.

Unfortunately, for my part, modding firmware on my off-time would be just too much like work. I'm a software development manager and I have the head in code/design a good part of my work day. However, I do like trying new modded firmwares and I am not afraid of improper/buggy displays. 
tongue.gif

May 22, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #89 of 2,614
After being inspired by the work of others, I decided to play around with a Voodoo / Cajun theme. It's mostly purple with touches of green and some funky voodoo doll themes with the charging screen. Built on official FW2.0. Here are the results (apologies for the crappy photos):

Note that the info in the top bar scrolls if it's too long so you can still read it all.

You are welcome to download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s3xeqtld62yad1l/AAA4A_FW_DkixHFkIe-C7to6a

May 22, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #90 of 2,614
See, now that is awesome...I wish I had those skills...my text-only theme is going nowhere with my sucky resources and skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back