Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 16, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #61 of 2,614
...okay, so to alter the GUI, all you do is go through the unpacked stock firmware and replace their images with your own, sized exactly the same, and named exactly the same thing....am I right?

Baby-steps.

I am thinking for starters I will make a simple solid black background for albums with no album art in the the now playing screen.

May 16, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #62 of 2,614
  I noticed when I'm outside during the day, I have a hard time seeing the volume level numbers if the album art is bright/light.

On that note, the menu is legendary... I was in awe

There is a set of numbers in the firmware images, not sure what they are for, maybe volume, either way I need a break from theming for a day or two.
I cranked this out in photoshop over a few days and I'm burnt out on redoing all the same icons over and over.

fleasbaby:
That's basically it, it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

May 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #63 of 2,614

There is a set of numbers in the firmware images, not sure what they are for, maybe volume, either way I need a break from theming for a day or two.
I cranked this out in photoshop over a few days and I'm burnt out on redoing all the same icons over and over.

fleasbaby:
That's basically it, it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

Oh I wasn't trying to take away from the theme, it's bloody amazing dude!
Was just giving some input. We very much appreciate all the hard work!

May 16, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #65 of 2,614
Have any of you guys found a way to change the font size?  That's one change I would give a lot for.
Probably not directly. I did it indirectly for the X3 by changing the default font. The new font increased the size a bit and looked tastefully distinctive while maintaining high legibility, so while it can be done it's not straightforward.

May 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #66 of 2,614
For those of you who want stock colors in the 2.0 firmware, but a simple, solid black background on the now playing screen:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64083930/x5%5BBlckBgrnd%5D.zip

Baby steps, baby steps...I might start mucking about with the main screen next if I can find a minute. Again, looking to make something simple, in the Winamp or Rockbox style...

May 19, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #69 of 2,614
@flowerlandfilms  you and all of the modder here really make drastic change to X5 :), before i forget, if i can req that if you got the booting off screen to aztechno too then it'll be the perfect aztechno themes :D

May 19, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #70 of 2,614
  @flowerlandfilms  you and all of the modder here really make drastic change to X5 :), before i forget, if i can req that if you got the booting off screen to aztechno too then it'll be the perfect aztechno themes :D

Yeh I'll add that in Beta 2.0, Along with some minor changes, and if I learn cool stuff from my experiments maybe those too.

May 20, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #71 of 2,614
For anyone that may be interested, here is my latest "mod of mods". In this case I have taken CH23's FW 2.0 90° rotated menu reversed scrolling mod with my preferred "missing album art" image (direct download here). To this I have added flowerlandfilm's remarkable animated scroll wheel from his Aztechno theme (direct download here). I have tuned the wheel to a muted gold to match the theme. The result works for me so I post it in case anyone else wants it.

The download link is here:  http://1drv.ms/1qScgT4.

May 20, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #72 of 2,614
  For anyone that may be interested, here is my latest "mod of mods". In this case I have taken CH23's FW 2.0 90° rotated menu reversed scrolling mod with my preferred "missing album art" image (direct download here). To this I have added flowerlandfilm's remarkable animated scroll wheel from his Aztechno theme (direct download here). I have tuned the wheel to a muted gold to match the theme. The result works for me so I post it in case anyone else wants it.

That looks amazing!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

May 20, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #73 of 2,614
Just a question for modders. Is it possible to change the way the album art is showing? For example, if we can see the entire album art, it will be perfect for me. 
dt880smile.png

May 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #74 of 2,614
Just a question for modders. Is it possible to change the way the album art is showing? For example, if we can see the entire album art, it will be perfect for me. :dt880smile:

i'm afraid you'd have to edit the actual album art and add a 90 pixel bar at the bottom of your art.

May 20, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #75 of 2,614

Just tried to install and after the re-boot my X5 says system error.

The only way to get it to function again was to install the stock FW.

EDIT: Formatted my card and tried again and the theme now work ok.

Sorry for the panic caused (if any)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back