Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 16, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #871 of 2,614
I like the real world pics. Very nice. Where mine comes off as somewhat cartoon-ish this is very mature looking. Nice.
wink.gif

Relic,

I too like real photos, adds class, but I like your design as well.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #872 of 2,614
I like the real world pics. Very nice. Where mine comes off as somewhat cartoon-ish this is very mature looking. Nice.
wink.gif

I was hitting the "coordinates wall" and decided to start making things disappear. Found that volume knob and switched on a dime and went the other way. I sent someone here my FW to look at and it is nothing like the new one.

You guys got graphic skills I will never be on par with. I gotta try me strength which is not that. I saw a dap at a store and it was very very expensive and it kind of inspired this a bit.
Your an artist...I'm more of a interior designer. (an artist with skills that can's go from brain to hand).

I already got your firmware cuz the contrast work and overall badassesness of it I use 3 including mine. Give mine a spin when i link it and let me know what sucks and what shines. critical feedback is....critical
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #873 of 2,614

I was hitting the "coordinates wall" and decided to start making things disappear. Found that volume knob and switched on a dime and went the other way. I sent someone here my FW to look at and it is nothing like the new one.

You guys got graphic skills I will never be on par with. I gotta try me strength which is not that. I saw a dap at a store and it was very very expensive and it kind of inspired this a bit.
Your an artist...I'm more of a interior designer. (an artist with skills that can's go from brain to hand).

I already got your firmware cuz the contrast work and overall badassesness of it I use 3 including mine. Give mine a spin when i link it and let me know what sucks and what shines. critical feedback is....critical:D

Lol, 'badassesness'! To be honest, after seeing yours, I really REALLY like it. I may abandon mine and just use yours. Hahahahahaha. :D

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #875 of 2,614
"Hi-Fi" v1.2

New shutdown screen animation
fast picking updated*
"Rock" preset tested and corrected for vocal and instrument separation on rock and classical music using ma 900 open back headphones

She is done.
biggrin.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0
(image missing)
(image missing)
(image missing)

Based on F.W. 2.4​
 ​
 ​

​

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #877 of 2,614
@Hawaiibadboy I've been giving yoour Hi-Fi theme a test run and all the backgrounds work well with good contrast for the text. The battery mod is a great idea.
I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I'm still missing the icons for selection. Maybe you should get together with @x RELIC x for the selection screen and bring us Tesla Hi-fi...

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #878 of 2,614
:D Tesla Hi Fi :D

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #879 of 2,614
I'm renaming the old 'Tesla' to 'Plasma' and making a new 'Tesla II'. :D

Here's a sneak peak.

Again, same story, hard to photograph, blah blah blah......... The wheel rotates and I'm testing the timing I like. It renders lightning quick so I can change the animation easily and get some fast feedback. Gotta get to sleep at some point. Insomnia is brutal.

I'm having a hard time conceptualizing the boot up and shutdown sequences so I may just leave them.

Also, I've got another one on the way that is inspired by Hawaiibadboy's high end Hi Fi theme, but definately not the same.

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #880 of 2,614
  @Hawaiibadboy I've been giving yoour Hi-Fi theme a test run and all the backgrounds work well with good contrast for the text. The battery mod is a great idea.
I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I'm still missing the icons for selection. Maybe you should get together with @x RELIC x for the selection screen and bring us Tesla Hi-fi...

Thanks for trying it out.
Every mod to this point has used the wheel and icons. Icons of some form
I wanted to break away.
I can see the nav bar and love the open screen. The errors the wheel has at times by over shooting a selection are gone as it's much less noticeable without a icon skipping by. That is HUGE for me. Stress point #1 gone. Does the nav text skip? surely but I notice it...not at all since switching.
I spent a long time making a theme that I partially deleted and lost a buncha stuff. I went looking for an icon and saw that volume knob...remembered an expensive DAP that was very sparse on the front end and golden...looked great on a black dap.

Went to work.
Battery icon was useless ...fixed it to my liking
H/L Gain is of use so I wanna know with a glance...fixed it
EQ was honestly hard to read and pre-sets questionable based on common mixing and eq theory. Cutting the kick drum and a bit more for the vocals were clear adjusts and using Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Boston and other stuff including Nirvana and even some classical...found a sweet adjust.
I will re adjust the eq pre-sets to generally accepted studio mixing standards for cutting and separation on the other pre-sets later.

I can honestly say as I thumb through my own theme it's better than the original.

I rank them

Hi-Fi
Aztechno (rotated)
Matrix

I should rank my own first as I built it to my liking and am very happy with it as all modders are I am sure.

I got very annoyed with a modder who was giving me stress about non theme stuff when i first got in here. I gotta thank him because I decided not to lean on the work of others and I have put in hours on hours cropping...coloring re-naming ...changing deleting,losing stuff.

I hope anyone who reads this far gets my point that this is a lot of work. a lot of damn work goes into this. Mine ended up sparse because of repeated trial and error and a stumble straight into a new idea. I am pleased as hell.

**pats self on back**
biggrin.gif

I havent touched Relic's mod yet since I have only 1 X5 and I'm still fine tuning my theme but it looks cool as hell and the most original since the aztechno which was my daily theme until i made one.

How many folks download these and never even say thanks?
Who knows?
Who cares?...I do a little. It's nice to get feedback either way.

I like no icons as the pics are the theme and the eq is designed to be used and my plans are for a very noob friendly eq that makes open and closed cans sound great based on common  cut/trim/boost practices ( another 10 hours of my life)...happily spent.

I intentionally swiped out the FiiO animations as I am already an owner and don't need to read what it is and at what rate it can play.

My start up says ...well the message is clear.
My shutdown says "you'll be back"

I hope mine gets listed in the archive
redface.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #881 of 2,614
Who knows?
Who cares?...I do a little. It's nice to get feedback either way.

I like no icons as the pics are the theme and the eq is designed to be used and my plans are for a very noob friendly eq that makes open and closed cans sound great based on common  cut/trim/boost practices ( another 10 hours of my life)...happily spent.

I intentionally swiped out the FiiO animations as I am already an owner and don't need to read what it is and at what rate it can play.

My start up says ...well the message is clear.
My shutdown says "you'll be back"

I hope mine gets listed in the archive
redface.gif

Hundreds of people download these themes, very few say thanks. How hard is it to hit the thumbs up button? Come on guys!
I fully understand the need to be different and it is the fact that all themes so far have had  icons that means it will need time to get used to. After I've been using it for a while, I'm sure I won;t miss them. I didn't appreciate the reduced emphasis of the wheel action, but then that's never really bugged me.

The one screen that is perhaps a little hard to read is the album preview. Maybe a dark red rather than orange for the selected track would stand out better.

Don't worry. I'm sure @Nicolas2305 will add it to page 1 sonn as he is excellent at keeping this thread up to date.

Thanks a lot for your efforts and keep up the great work - it is appreciated.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #882 of 2,614

Thanks! To you and all the other modders - your efforts are appreciated. I know the work that can go into these things (I used to do audio code for XBMC) and just love the added goodness these mods can bring to my X5 :)

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #883 of 2,614
I'm renaming the old 'Tesla' to 'Plasma' and making a new 'Tesla II'.
biggrin.gif

Here's a sneak peak.

Again, same story, hard to photograph, blah blah blah......... The wheel rotates and I'm testing the timing I like. It renders lightning quick so I can change the animation easily and get some fast feedback. Gotta get to sleep at some point. Insomnia is brutal.

I'm having a hard time conceptualizing the boot up and shutdown sequences so I may just leave them.

Also, I've got another one on the way that is inspired by @Hawaiibadboy's high end Hi Fi theme, but definately not the same.

x RELIC x, please don't give up work on the Tesla (Plasma) theme as I really like it and appreciate all your efforts in designing it. I look forward to future releases of it as I now use it (0.8b) as my preferred theme. It will be interesting to see how Tesla II looks.
Many Thanks,

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #884 of 2,614

x RELIC x, please don't give up work on the Tesla (Plasma) theme as I really like it and appreciate all your efforts in designing it. I look forward to future releases of it as I now use it (0.8b) as my preferred theme. It will be interesting to see how Tesla II looks.
Many Thanks,

Yes, Plasma has to be one of the best themes for contrast and readability, due to the plain black background. Where is @olddude? Has he left us for the lure of the Toblerone?
I'm wondering whether it's possible for the selection screen to stop at either end rather than keep going round. This would make folder selection easy - rotate anticlockwise - you'll always hit it. I guess that's probably hardwired, but this selection screen is very easy to use and the wheel does not feel imprecise using it.

Edit: Just loaded Tesla from the same link - which turns out to be TeslaII
Love the revised selection screen and the minimal cloud backgrounds.

Edit2: A tesla with cloud animation for intro and outro would top and tail this nicely.
Great work @x RELIC x
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #885 of 2,614

Yes, Plasma has to be one of the best themes for contrast and readability, due to the plain black background. Where is @olddude? Has he left us for the lure of the Toblerone?
I'm wondering whether it's possible for the selection screen to stop at either end rather than keep going round. This would make folder selection easy - rotate anticlockwise - you'll always hit it.

Olddude is surfing the Pono wave.  Even bought my Fidues a Moon Audio Silver Dragon balanced cable (which costs more than the Dunu 1K).  Gonna be selling the X5, haven't listened to it since Xmas day when I opened the Pono present.  

Ya know the nice thing about the Pono threads?  No real talk of mp3, no talk of playlists, no talk of Spotify, just talk of music and sound.  Ahhhhhhh.  
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back