Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 19, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #902 of 2,614
How did you test them Carel?  You'd need 2 side by side (different firmware versions), volume matched, and being able to A/B side by side to properly compare.  And your A/B switching  would need to take place within a very short time (say about 10 secs) - our reliable auditory memory doesn't last much longer than that.

And no - so far I haven't noticed any extra distortion from the last firmware - but that could be my own expectation bias at work - I wasn't expecting any change.

Are you sure the distortion isn't already present in your music, or maybe it's your headphones?  What volumes are you listening to?  Which tracks?  What headphones?  maybe someone can try to replicate if they share similar gear?

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #903 of 2,614
Friends, you don't hear what firmware 2.4 greatly distorts the sound at medium and high frequencies? This is only I can hear?

You should ask this in the main X5 thread as this is for custom FW themes. You'd get more feedback there. :wink:

Incidentally I hear absolutely no distortion issues with FW 2.4 and I've had every FW installed on my X5. As Brooko said it could be a number of factors.

Here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661411/fiio-x5-thread-info-updated-on-jan-17th-2014

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #904 of 2,614
Was listening to completely different music mostly 96/24 - 192/24 in the same conditions on the amplifier Laconic Night Blues + HD 650 and without amplifier. The result is that 2.4 is not something that is just not pleasant to listen to and impossible, all bursting and fasten. What I tried to change SD card

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #905 of 2,614
  Was listening to completely different music mostly 96/24 - 192/24 in the same conditions on the amplifier Laconic Night Blues + HD 650 and without amplifier. The result is that 2.4 is not something that is just not pleasant to listen to and impossible, all bursting and fasten. What I tried to change SD card

I don't have any of these issues with 2.4. I really like the Firmware so far, coming from 2.2 I found no issues at all.

Cheers,
K

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #909 of 2,614
OK, so I've had a little play and made some amendments to Tesla II.

Basically all I've done is lost the FiiO intro and outro - replaced with the cloud background, fixed the USB bg and icluded the Hi-Fi battery images.
With @x RELIC x and @Hawaiibadboy's permission, I will be happy to post if anyone is interested.

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #910 of 2,614
  OK, so I've had a little play and made some amendments to Tesla II.
Basically all I've done is lost the FiiO intro and outro - replaced with the cloud background, fixed the USB bg and icluded the Hi-Fi battery images.
With @x RELIC x and @Hawaiibadboy's permission, I will be happy to post if anyone is interested.

This is all about the sharing (my reason for wanting images in the archive)
deadhorse.gif

Bring it on...show that stuff!!!
beerchug.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #911 of 2,614
First post updated with "Hi-Fi" from Hawaiibadboy.

Second post updated with the contribution from Carel on fw 2.0.

I will start to identify up to which post I updated. This way, people will be able to jump directly to that post and see if any other contribution was made since my last update. I try my best to keep the first post updated but I'm aware that there may be times when few days passes between updates. This new way of identifying the updates should solve that.

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #912 of 2,614
  First post updated with "Hi-Fi" from Hawaiibadboy.

Second post updated with the contribution from Carel on fw 2.0.

I will start to identify up to which post I updated. This way, people will be able to jump directly to that post and see if any other contribution was made since my last update. I try my best to keep the first post updated but I'm aware that there may be times when few days passes between updates. This new way of identifying the updates should solve that.

Thank you!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #913 of 2,614
  This is my version 2.0 with the addition of the Russian language. Update

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/09a98c2b06da/2.0_mod_carel_sound_change.rar

very nice

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #914 of 2,614

This is all about the sharing (my reason for wanting images in the archive)
deadhorse.gif

Bring it on...show that stuff!!!
beerchug.gif

Thanks, but I need to wait to hear from @x RELIC x as I have edited his theme.

One thing I noticed is that the amended logo.bmp does not show up on startup. Yours doesn't show in Hi-Fi either. What is it that is different about the FiiO "Welcome"?
Also, when unpacking your theme, every folder contains a thumbs.db file. You can lose these altogether by turning off indexing in your working directory or delete them using search with "show hidden files" set in view options. I figure making the fw file smaller can only be a good thing.

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #915 of 2,614
Thanks, but I need to wait to hear from @x RELIC x
as I have edited his theme.

One thing I noticed is that the amended logo.bmp does not show up on startup. Yours doesn't show in Hi-Fi either. What is it that is different about the FiiO "Welcome"?
Also, when unpacking your theme, every folder contains a thumbs.db file. You can lose these altogether by turning off indexing in your working directory or delete them using search with "show hidden files" set in view options. I figure making the fw file smaller can only be a good thing.

Yes, go for it. If I don't get around to animating the startup/shutdown then at least others can enjoy it. One thing I also wanted to do was speed up the wheel. Thoughts?

Appreciate it uzi2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back