Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 27, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #2,281 of 2,614

5/27/15

This theme just passed "Hi-Fidelity" as my most popular.
I got nothing else to say
This thread is not so busy so...re-post
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #2,283 of 2,614
I guess that after X5II and it's firmware is out, we will so much more new themes, or re-makes of already existing themes.

HBB, you are going to get an X5II? It can hold 5 different themes at the same time. Even if only for modding purposes, it is amazingly useful.

Like I've mentioned before, it will be VERY interesting to see what assets are shared between themes. Could be a blessing or a curse for doing themes.

May 28, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #2,284 of 2,614
Just putting the finishing touches to what will likely be my last theme. It's a celebration of the man responsible for what I consider to be the best record sleeves of the 80's & 90's - Vaughan Oliver - & features bits & pieces of his work.

It's called 'VAUGHAN'... surprise, surprise.

May 28, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #2,285 of 2,614
  Just putting the finishing touches to what will likely be my last theme. It's a celebration of the man responsible for what I consider to be the best record sleeves of the 80's & 90's - Vaughan Oliver - & features bits & pieces of his work.

It's called 'VAUGHAN'... surprise, surprise.

Nice...
..and easy to hack to your own favourite style - say Roger Dean.

May 29, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #2,289 of 2,614
Finally finished!

Download

Release notes:
  1. Name of the mod/theme: Elegance 2.0
  2. Version of the firmware: 2.5

The usual information:
  1. Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes
  2. I will take all feedback into consideration
  3. All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio

May 30, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #2,290 of 2,614
  Harmony 3.1

A few changes:
  1. Improved topbar
  2. Improved legibility of fast-picking screen
  3. Modified progress bar in playing screen to be less obtrusive on the album art
  4. Two versions: One with topbar text, and another without.
  5. Slight modification to boot animation, nothing major

Topbar Explanation: The small two squares are the TF card indicators. Large left square is battery indicator.

Downloads

1. Regular: Here
    1. ​Use if you prefer less stuff in the topbar.

1. With Topbar Text: Here
    1. Use if you prefer info such as EQ on playing screen.

Mirrors on Google Drive: Regular, Topbar Text

Release notes:
  1. Name of the mod/theme: Harmony 3.1
  2. Version of the firmware: 2.5
  3. Languages: All

The usual information:
  1. Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes
  2. I will take all feedback into consideration
  3. All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio

Some info for other themers:
  1. Most images can be resized to be larger than their regular size, which can be interesting

As mentioned in a post several pages back...

A few weeks ago, while I was traveling in China, I downloaded @AsianInvasion Harmony theme. Which was not an easy task while in China, for a foreigner anyway (many native Chinese know how to get around the government internet blocks, I do not without investing in a personal VPN). Anyway, this was the first theme/custom firmware I loaded on my newly purchased X5. Loved it. Very clean, easy to navigate, and IMHO an improvement over the native X5 firmware.

However, I am not getting any younger, and the "favorite" tick mark was difficult for me to see. And I do mark various songs as my "favorite", not all songs in my collection get this designation. Also, I am an album art lover. Always have been. Since way back when vinyl was it, and artists spent a lot money on just album art (not to mention the mass amount of dollars spent on producing an album and studio time, before Pro Tools and such modern software). Iron Maiden's Eddie comes to mind immediately. Now, it seems, that vinyl is making a welcome return to main stream audio enthusiasts, but the album art has not. So I made a couple little minor changes to Harmony 3.1 for my own personal tastes and likes.

Anyway, I'm rambling on here, forgive me, I'm tired from the return trip home, anyway... so... here to share is my meager modified version of AsianInvasion's Harmony. All I changed was the color of the tick mark and expanded the "window" for the album art. That's all. Credit for this theme belongs solely to AsianInvasion! This is NOT my work, although I do hope to create my own themes in the near future (as time allows)... without further ado...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8dlna28x38ew0a6/Harmony_Modded_(images).zip

May 31, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #2,292 of 2,614
I have been silently upgrading my shade of black theme, and the other themes are completley diasbled as of now. 

I promise to post photos and other stuff when I finish it completely. Right now, I still have to do the launcher, and that is it. When I will finish the launcher it will be in it's final phase.

EDIT::: link, if the one already existent stops working:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uief6v1t7zssny/x5.fw?dl=0

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #2,293 of 2,614
I really wonder if this thread is dead... not much activity in the last days...

I was just finishing my masterpiece. 

Mostly done using Fiio original icons and the rest is drawn by me. Inspired by all themes that were around by now. 

Name is "[Re:Face]".

Everything is changed to a certain degree. Even the music update, and boot animation is custom. Everything is different. Everything is re-build. It is Re-faced. All fonts included. It is normal speed. 

It is still in the works, but might be nice for most people. It is sleek, elegant, and urban - something. Enjoy!

Phot!s:

I will only include the launcher design because I cannot make photos of other screens, my camera is not great.

Link is different from "A shade of Black"

In a few days, I will erase A shade of black because I moved to this project. I will mostly be doing and keeping only one project at a time.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy9gu1v7eq3ypbe/x5.fw?dl=0

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #2,294 of 2,614
  Name is "[Re:Face]".

Everything is changed to a certain degree. Even the music update, and boot animation is custom. Everything is different. Everything is re-build. It is Re-faced. All fonts included. It is normal speed. 

It is still in the works, but might be nice for most people. It is sleek, elegant, and urban - something. Enjoy!

Phot!s:

I will only include the launcher design because I cannot make photos of other screens, my camera is not great.

Link is different from "A shade of Black"

In a few days, I will erase A shade of black because I moved to this project. I will mostly be doing and keeping only one project at a time.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy9gu1v7eq3ypbe/x5.fw?dl=0

Looks nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back