Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 16, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #2,251 of 2,614
  Good to know. Thanks. Can't watch the video (I'm only guessing that's what this is as it is just a blocked out... well... block). Still, good to know
beerchug.gif

No probs.

I was worried the little rubber cover would break because of my constant removal of it to make a theme. The X5 is a very stout well made device with a mature fw. I have made crazy large themes with no taking out of the card and flashed it tons and tons of times and have never had to reset it. Not exactly sure where the reset button/hole is?...top I think?
X5 is a tank. Good stuff. I hope the next X5 has this kind of theme and not the x1 x3v2 type cuz if it does I'm not budging. I love this little badass

May 16, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #2,252 of 2,614
Small update: Fragments 3.1
  1. Better topbar
  2. Improved legibility
  3. Small changes to now playing
  4. Other changes I forgot about

Screenshot with the new topbar.

Enjoy!
  1. Download

Release Notes
  1. Name of the mod/theme: Fragments 3.1
  2. Version of the firmware: 2.5
  3. Languages: All

The Usual Information
  1. Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes
  2. I will take all feedback into consideration
  3. All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio

May 17, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #2,255 of 2,614
A request for a 2.5 FW update for McFiiOtosh.  I really liked the looks and functionality of that theme. 

I was going to do it earlier, but now that we can change the text colour I wanted to re-work the theme a bit.
Then I got slammed with work and I have to drop everything for now. I'll get to it soon-ish.

May 17, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #2,256 of 2,614
I was going to do it earlier, but now that we can change the text colour I wanted to re-work the theme a bit.
Then I got slammed with work and I have to drop everything for now. I'll get to it soon-ish.

No hurries x RELIC x.  Work your magic.  I just wanted to commend you on your outstanding work!  If you could include some sort of No Album Art image it would be appreciated.

May 17, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #2,258 of 2,614
  Every now and then I come back to make a new theme, but the talent round here is so phenomenal it just blows my stuff out of the water.
I think I might have to hang up my hat.

Nonsense!  You've made some very good and memorable themes, flowerandfilms.  I was wondering where you were and was hoping you didn't jump on the Pono bandwagon
and forget us X5ers.  I look forward to your contributions.

May 18, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #2,259 of 2,614
Every now and then I come back to make a new theme, but the talent round here is so phenomenal it just blows my stuff out of the water.

I think I might have to hang up my hat.

Nooooooooooo!!!

Come BACK!!

May 21, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #2,262 of 2,614
  Thread's kind of gone dead recently. Everyone must be busy modding 
beerchug.gif

Maybe no..

I'm waiting to do a joint theme with Relic but until the X5v2 is out and the fw is determined to be (A)the same,(B) unique or (C) like the X1 and X3v2 it's difficult to invest the massive amount of time to create a new theme. I'm sure folks including me are busy but until that new release aimed right at us is vetted it's a limbo. Can I dedicate 30 hours of sit down to a theme for a device I might walk away from for a device it won't work with? No.

I'll be making themes for one or the other or both but until I'm sure it's hard to invest the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back