FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android based,Mastering Quality Lossless Playback Hi-Res Music Player
Feb 25, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #421 of 677
FW updated to 3.1.5 via an on line upgrade, will try to work out whats new
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #424 of 677
@Fiio

Is there a list of groups for who gets the player next? I have not seen this yet.

I don't know if the groups were published but I know who to send to already :wink:

Okay let's try this again. Just responded to this post, then noticed it duplicated. Attempted to erase the duplicate post and then poof, the original post is gone and all that is left is the erased duplicate post!

Anyway, yesterday I received a PM from FiiO indicating that I have been added to the review tour and requesting my details. No indication where exactly in the Que I am. I hope that whoever is passing their review unit onto me, unless I will be receiving a sample directly from FiiO, shoots me a PM or email prior to shipping the unit out to give me a heads up that it is on the way.

George will you, or have you, contacted the individual next in line for your unit to let them know it's on the way?

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #425 of 677
FW 3.1.5? I think you meant to post this in the X7 thread. This is the X5III review tour thread.

No, I'm using a tour x5iii there is no update for the x7 this week see my post there.

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #426 of 677
I haven't had a chance to read any write ups yet, but do any of the lucky tour participants have a comparison to the X7? I currently own X3ii and X7 but considering an X5iii when it becomes available.

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #427 of 677
I haven't had a chance to read any write ups yet, but do any of the lucky tour participants have a comparison to the X7? I currently own X3ii and X7 but considering an X5iii when it becomes available.

I do, hopefully post the review tomorrow but have a look back through this thread 5 days and you'll see my early impressions.

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #428 of 677
FW 3.1.5? I think you meant to post this in the X7 thread. This is the X5III review tour thread.

No, I'm using a tour x5iii there is no update for the x7 this week see my post there.

I could have sworn that the newest firmware for the X5III released today was 1.1.1

At least that's what I remember seeing in the regular X5III thread.

I think that's the FiiO music player app version. The firmware version is a different thing altogether I believe.

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #429 of 677
I could have sworn that the newest firmware for the X5III released today was 1.1.1

I think that's the FiiO music player app version. The firmware version is a different thing altogether I believe.

That's correct - FW is 1.1.1 and FiiO Music Player is 3.1.5

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #431 of 677

1.1.1 is the general FW, this is music app version. 

Okay let's try this again. Just responded to this post, then noticed it duplicated. Attempted to erase the duplicate post and then poof, the original post is gone and all that is left is the erased duplicate post!

Anyway, yesterday I received a PM from FiiO indicating that I have been added to the review tour and requesting my details. No indication where exactly in the Que I am. I hope that whoever is passing their review unit onto me, unless I will be receiving a sample directly from FiiO, shoots me a PM or email prior to shipping the unit out to give me a heads up that it is on the way.

George will you, or have you, contacted the individual next in line for your unit to let them know it's on the way?

Oh yes, we have it sorted out in here 
beerchug.gif

Don't worry too much, FiiO was very proactive and did a very good job with the tour! 

There is even a letter in the box stating that the unit is a review unit 
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #432 of 677
I'm getting an update now. It was very slow at first (think dial-up speed, lol) with many timeouts. After restarting due the Nth time, I seem to have at least a DSL speed connection, but the connection still isn't very stable. Hopefully another 15min or so...

I downloaded it from FiiO's site and used the built in tool to update it from mSD card. Fast and simple, worked like a charm! 

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #433 of 677

I downloaded it from FiiO's site and used the built in tool to update it from mSD card. Fast and simple, worked like a charm! 

As far as I can tell the x5iii is now running the same FW as my x7, nice, both are listing 3.1.5 on the info screen

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #434 of 677
  Just finished my review, hope you guys find it informative! Overall, the new 3rd Generation X5 boasts a far nicer build and finish to previous models in addition to improved sound quality. However, this time the device is not held back by a mediocre software experience. Fiio's adoption of Android grants the player with huge software flexibility yet the retention of hardware controls does not compromise on usability. Nice job Fiio!

https://everydaylisteningblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/24/fiio-x5-iii-review-affordable-luxury/
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-premium-hi-res-dap/reviews/18084

Hi Ryan - Thanks for the thorough review.  Quick question.  Since moving to a DAP (I'm several deep now), I've really missed the parametric EQ that Neutron provided on my LG V10.  With this device in "Android" mode, does the Neutron app run well and is its parametric EQ available and work well?

Thanks,

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #435 of 677
  Hi Ryan - Thanks for the thorough review.  Quick question.  Since moving to a DAP (I'm several deep now), I've really missed the parametric EQ that Neutron provided on my LG V10.  With this device in "Android" mode, does the Neutron app run well and is its parametric EQ available and work well?

Thanks,

Yes, you can install Neutron and it will work out very well in my experience 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back