Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 3, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #15,391 of 15,897
so long as you install https://www.mediafire.com/download/rz2ck1ahtmnxtyo fiio music 3.4.3 they can be reactivated (fiio must have instructions somewhere)

I was looking for that to. Thats why I want to install free viper because if I pay I want to keep them and I dont understand how it knows if you've paid or not. I even went so far as to reverse engineer the apk and dig through the files. I dont know what im doing lol.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #15,395 of 15,897
BTW, what's a "Phish"? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #15,396 of 15,897
nice minnieone!

i finally went all digital about a year ago
finally starting to find my way with the fiio and jriver running on my NAS at home

one of these days my son will get his first job
extracting all of the CDs i don't have in FLAC
it's going to be a longgggggg assignment :wink:

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #15,397 of 15,897
Cool site! If you check out a handful of recording from '84 - '91, you'll see my name on some of them. Example:

The "Pauline" in pauline.miller is me!!! My full name is Rick Pauline.

Yo
I've officially as of today gone totally digital. I had a local record shop owner come over yesterday and cart off 1800 or so Albums, CD's, DVDs & BluRays and my B&O turntable for some cash. Scary that all my music history resides on FIIO X5, with obviously hard drive backups.

Honestly I did that back with Mp3 and I havent missed any of my CDs I also made a lot more room and earned a couple of bucks now I have a 400gb sdcard with thousands of songs in flac. Im not an album guy I like the signals. I dont need every song the artist did just the ones I like. I do wish DSD was more popular its so hard to find DSD songs I like.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #15,398 of 15,897
Dec 3, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #15,399 of 15,897
nice minnieone!

i finally went all digital about a year ago
finally starting to find my way with the fiio and jriver running on my NAS at home

one of these days my son will get his first job
extracting all of the CDs i don't have in FLAC
it's going to be a longgggggg assignment :wink:
My grandfather once gave me the task of filling an iPod Nano he had with upwards of 400-600 CDs, I labored over it, importing, converting to fit the small as heck storage, ensure there was artwork, metadata, all that.

One week after I sent it to him in Florida, his wife wiped the entire thing 'on accident' .

Nowadays he just asks 'Alexa' to play music for him .

I don't think I'll ever tire of having my own curated collection.

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #15,400 of 15,897
Yo

Honestly I did that back with Mp3 and I havent missed any of my CDs I also made a lot more room and earned a couple of bucks now I have a 400gb sdcard with thousands of songs in flac. Im not an album guy I like the signals. I dont need every song the artist did just the ones I like. I do wish DSD was more popular its so hard to find DSD songs I like.

DSD was intended to really just be an archival format for labels. Super expensive and time consuming to edit/mix in the digital domain for wider releases. Things like DXD (24/352.8kHz) came about as attempts to fix those hurdles, but when was the last time a 'hit' was released in DXD?

The most contemporary DSD release I have is Dredg's El Cielo (2002) & Muse's Hullabaloo Live Album (same year, 2002). Everything else is 90s (Depeche Mode, Weezer, Rage Against the Machine) 80s (Toto, Foreigner, Michael Jackson, Vangelis - Blade Runner) and then more earlier stuff.

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #15,401 of 15,897
DSD was intended to really just be an archival format for labels. Super expensive and time consuming to edit/mix in the digital domain for wider releases. Things like DXD (24/352.8kHz) came about as attempts to fix those hurdles, but when was the last time a 'hit' was released in DXD?

The most contemporary DSD release I have is Dredg's El Cielo (2002) & Muse's Hullabaloo Live Album (same year, 2002). Everything else is 90s (Depeche Mode, Weezer, Rage Against the Machine) 80s (Toto, Foreigner, Michael Jackson, Vangelis - Blade Runner) and then more earlier stuff.

You got foreigner in DSD? Nice I would like I dont want to live without you and I wanna know what love is.

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #15,402 of 15,897

This is a stupid question but im new. So whats DXD and where can I hear that?

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #15,403 of 15,897

Users who are viewing this thread

Back