Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 4, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #15,406 of 15,897
My bad I backed out of a comment I was going to make. Lol
LOL, I thought you were going to tell me you were my long lost taper buddy!

Now what about that free FLAC site? You can DM me if you'd rather.

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #15,408 of 15,897
Hey CHeck this out I was watching a youtube review on the ibasso DX160 and I noticed it had an app called Viper HiFI so I found the apk and installed it. Its all in chinese but I played around with it enough to listen to my songs and I cant understand everything but 1 of the EQs is really good and plays nicely with viper 4 android on my phone. My Fiio x5 was delayed another day but its made it to Michigan about an hour from my house so tomorrow for sure. If anyone knows how to change it to english let me know please. Maybe some of you speak that language.
https://www.coolapk.com/apk/com.kugou.viper

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #15,409 of 15,897
Hi. I have observed that on my X5iii there are a lot of 24/96 files which actually sound less louder than their mp3 versions and it takes the 24/96 files more volume wheel to sound as loud as the mp3 versions of the same tracks. Can anybody shed insight on this

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #15,410 of 15,897
Positive that there aren't any replaygain tags in the 24/96 files that didn't carry over to mp3s?

If different multiples (44.1 vs 48) are used when converting files, inter sample peaks can be found, changing how you hear it overall.

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #15,411 of 15,897
Positive that there aren't any replaygain tags in the 24/96 files that didn't carry over to mp3s?

If different multiples (44.1 vs 48) are used when converting files, inter sample peaks can be found, changing how you hear it overall.
'

Sorry but I don't understand what "replaygain tags in the 24/96 files that didn't carry over to mp3s" means? My replay gain is off all the time on X5iii.

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #15,412 of 15,897
'

Sorry but I don't understand what "replaygain tags in the 24/96 files that didn't carry over to mp3s" means? My replay gain is off all the time on X5iii.

The higher up the quality goes the lower the volume DSD are almost soft. The loudest is actually Flac Remastered because when they remaster it they pump it up 3 to 6DB. I personally understand where your coming from. So if you want good loud music stick with Flac remastered.

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #15,413 of 15,897
Well my FIIo X5iii came and its kinda what I figured in terms of sound. Its better than a stock phone but not even close to viper 2.3.4 even with the paid viper effects. I do like it I wish it was faster charging so I could root it right away. Its also a little laggy like bad lol. Im going to be honest about it. They are really nice. Viper has 2 drivers and I can tell they put the regular drive from 2.5.0.5 in instead of the 2.3.4 super quality. If you guys want my honest opinion you would have better sound finding a cheap rootable phone and installing viper. However im going to try to get the real viper on it and hopefully it'll be better than the phone.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #15,415 of 15,897
Well my FIIo X5iii came and its kinda what I figured in terms of sound. Its better than a stock phone but not even close to viper 2.3.4 even with the paid viper effects. I do like it I wish it was faster charging so I could root it right away. Its also a little laggy like bad lol. Im going to be honest about it. They are really nice. Viper has 2 drivers and I can tell they put the regular drive from 2.5.0.5 in instead of the 2.3.4 super quality. If you guys want my honest opinion you would have better sound finding a cheap rootable phone and installing viper. However im going to try to get the real viper on it and hopefully it'll be better than the phone.

Honest opinion? Cheap rootable phones don't have 2 expandable storage slots, act as a DAC, have 3.5+2.5mm outputs, a clean line out, etc. But you do you bud.

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #15,416 of 15,897
Hell yes I did it you guys can thank me later. Who wants to know how to install viper 2.3.4?
Step 1 busybox is not in the kernel
Honest opinion? Cheap rootable phones don't have 2 expandable storage slots, act as a DAC, have 3.5+2.5mm outputs, a clean line out, etc. But you do you bud.

Wow some got pissed at me just stating my opinion. Cheap rootable phones like my S7 edge. But in all honesty my LG tribute with viper 2.3.4 sounds better its night and day. Im not going to lie its not like the fiio doesnt put out more sound then a stock phone but its not the quality viper does. So im always going to go for the better sounding one. IF I bought a pair of shure 846 and headphone amp/Dac Im sure then it would be better but I cant afford that. By the way I got viper installed and working with bluetooth. Lol

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #15,419 of 15,897

I have a 400gb sdcard and I plan to get 1tb so I dont need 2 but that would be sweet. However you already said you havent heard the real viper and your already calling BS. Honestly dont go off that fiio music app thats not the good viper. The good viper pumps the sound up like a real headphone amp. Its sad because you've convinced yourself that spending money means better sound and usually it does but ask yourself why all the guys on XDA dont own high res players but have viper?

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #15,420 of 15,897
I'm gonna just let you continue your efforts to enjoy the player the way you want to. Leave what you think I've convinced myself of out of it please. Fair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back