Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 7, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #14,821 of 15,899
Agree - something lost in translation me thinks.

Not sure what “chin in the garden” means, but I’m thinking it’s similar to “box lunch at the Y” or “whistling in the wheat field”.

Apr 7, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #14,822 of 15,899
Gapless works fine here; tested with DSOTM and a few Dead concerts. :)

How are you loading your DSD files. I don't have but a few that need gapless but none of them work but they do in the Onkyo app. I have mine loaded in the
standard Artist/Album/Song (01-10). The problem with Onkyo app it converts to PCM 48kHz, even in the paid version.

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #14,823 of 15,899
One of which is the free space on the system partition, which if not managed properly (ie: deleting a lot of unnecessary files in TWRP) can lead to a boot-looping machine

Well, I have searched and searched via command prompt and file directory for the Fidelizer system/media files and cannot find anything close to this. I can't even find Fidelizer in the directory.

Powderphinger

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #14,824 of 15,899
Hi All,

Anyone notice an irritating issue with the Fiio x5 mkiii firmware update?

Previously you could choose the order of which tracks are played in your playlist. But not anymore.

So imagine I have a playlist of 10 tracks. Let's call them Songs 1, 2, 3, etc. They are arranged in that order.

So sometimes I want to mix up the order, e.g. plays Song 9, Song 3, Song 7, Song 6. In that order.

Currently I go to my playlist, tap the icon at the top right which allows me to tick which Song to play. But when I hit Play they will only play in the original order, i.e. Song 3, 6, 7, 9. I can never change the order in which they're played.

This is quite annoying as it limits the way I can listen to the playlist.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a workaround?

Hasn’t it always been like this in the newer FiiO music app? There are no sort options. Even in older ones you couldn’t reorder them you could only change the sorting to alphabetical or chronologically by when you added them. Earlier versions of the newer app didn’t get the chronological part quite right. Sometimes adding tracks by an artist will insert all tracks within that artist alphabetically by track whereas adding tracks by an album will insert them by track order.

If you want better playlist manipulation, UAPP has you covered.

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #14,825 of 15,899
Well, I have searched and searched via command prompt and file directory for the Fidelizer system/media files and cannot find anything close to this. I can't even find Fidelizer in the directory.

Powderphinger
Have you gone to mount and checked the X by system before going into the file manager in TWRP?

In previous fidelizer versions removing the files by command prompt was how I did it, successfully removing the flac and pdf files in the system/media folder, though in newer ones I recall only one of them was removed, the other returned back a “no file exists” or something to that end. So it was already gone to begin with me thinks.

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #14,826 of 15,899
How are you loading your DSD files. I don't have but a few that need gapless but none of them work but they do in the Onkyo app. I have mine loaded in the
standard Artist/Album/Song (01-10). The problem with Onkyo app it converts to PCM 48kHz, even in the paid version.
My apologies, I should have been more specific. When someone asked about gapless play, I assumed s/he was asking about all files. I was referring to Gapless in general, so I had no issues with FLAC files playing gaplessly. :)

Apr 7, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #14,827 of 15,899
I apologize for nonsense - translator is my unreliable whisper. I thought something like "chin long to the ground".

I prefer to clean waste from system directories manually, without PC and adb commands. After installing Superuser via TWRP using Solid or ES Explorer, I manually delete waste including SMS and Exchange services, FiiO Music, desktop wallpapers, etc. In the past, I had so manual liquidated Google services. Turn off now, back to TWRP / Advanced / Fix Permissions and reboot. And in Explorer settings before action enable Root directory view.
Very fast and goes out of bed too.

Apr 7, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #14,828 of 15,899
I have a pain in the ass question (meaning that anyone reading this is going to say "what a pain in the ass"). I currently have the FiiO Music Player V3.4.3. I thought that was the latest version, but I liked the most recent release (the one without Viper Effects). I can't figure out how to get it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated, then I promise I'll go away for a few days. :)

EDIT: Oy, never mind, figured it out. I'll go away anway!!!!

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #14,829 of 15,899
Hi All,

Anyone notice an irritating issue with the Fiio x5 mkiii firmware update?

Previously you could choose the order of which tracks are played in your playlist. But not anymore.

So imagine I have a playlist of 10 tracks. Let's call them Songs 1, 2, 3, etc. They are arranged in that order.

So sometimes I want to mix up the order, e.g. plays Song 9, Song 3, Song 7, Song 6. In that order.

Currently I go to my playlist, tap the icon at the top right which allows me to tick which Song to play. But when I hit Play they will only play in the original order, i.e. Song 3, 6, 7, 9. I can never change the order in which they're played.

This is quite annoying as it limits the way I can listen to the playlist.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a workaround?
Dear friend,

Do you mean that the order works as you like in v1.0.9 before updating the firmware?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 8, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #14,830 of 15,899
I do not recommend "upgrading" to 1.2.4 due to some very annoying bugs.

1. If I start playing (whether it be selecting an album or a discography), the player will only play the first song repeatedly until I manually skip.
2. The popping sound between tracks appeared for me here.
3. Lag on the physical buttons that register several seconds later, sometimes on the next song as well.

I suspect there are many more, but I am switching back to 1.2.3 in the meantime until I see other users have better experiences with newer firmware.

Once again disappointed in Fiio.

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #14,831 of 15,899
Hello
I have installed jkbuha latest ROM, and as also rooted they X5III. Everything runs fine.
But now I plan to sell it.
If the buyer prefers the official ROM and not-rooted device, how can I revert ?

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #14,832 of 15,899
Once again disappointed in Fiio.

I purchased the X5III last week, tried a lot (purchased the Fidelizer Advanced Rom, new Kernel etc) and they made a lot of things better. But I just want to listen to music without problems... so I took my trusty X5 1ste gen, boxed the X5III and hope for some magic new firmware in the future. Maybe my expectations are too high. The X5 1ste gen just works :)

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #14,833 of 15,899
Hello
I have installed jkbuha latest ROM, and as also rooted they X5III. Everything runs fine.
But now I plan to sell it.
If the buyer prefers the official ROM and not-rooted device, how can I revert ?

I believe you need to use the X5III firmware Upgrade tool: http://fiio-firmware.fiio.net/X5III Firmware Upgrade Tool with FW1.2.1.zip
It will downgrade everything to FW 1.2.1 (IMG and instructions are is also in the zip file)

Link to these instructions on the FIIO forum:
http://fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41890

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #14,834 of 15,899
Apr 8, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #14,835 of 15,899
Dear friend,

Do you mean that the order works as you like in v1.0.9 before updating the firmware?

Best regards

Hi, so before the last 2 updates the software for playing music was quite different, and in the playlist options you could indeed choose the order of what songs to play in any playlist. This is no longer the case in the last 2 firmwares where I can never change the order of how the tracks are played (e.g. 9, 4, 6, 8, etc), they will always be limited to a 1-10 order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back