Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 26, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #14,132 of 15,899
HiBy music app question: Using this app on the FiiO X5iii, although I have gapless play selected in the settings, I still get a little hiccup between tracks. I think this is the result of a recent HiBy upgrade, can anyone confirm?

TIA

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #14,133 of 15,899
Something else I just noticed (and if this the wrong forum, someone please point me in the right direction). Again, when using the HiBy app through the X5 iii, fed to a Chord MoJo, it only plays at 44kHz, regardless of the actual file type. When I go into the app settings and select the Fixed Output Sampling Rate option, for anything over 48kHz, it says "not supported by peripheral".

Is this a known issue (or feature)? Thanks again in advance. I only harp on this because I really like the HiBy interface and I want to know if I'm using it properly.

Dec 26, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #14,135 of 15,899
Looking to upgrade from the x5 1st gen. Sound quality along with a Bluetooth option is my only priority. Is this fiiox5 gen 3 the best up grade for under $500? thx
Depends if you're open to buying used.

Dec 26, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #14,136 of 15,899
Depends if you're open to buying used.
Right, otherwise I'd suggest scanning some of the previous posts in this thread and then decide for yourself.

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #14,138 of 15,899
Looking to upgrade from the x5 1st gen. Sound quality along with a Bluetooth option is my only priority. Is this fiiox5 gen 3 the best up grade for under $500? thx

Search the thread, the X5iii isn't so great a bluetooth playback, its incredibly temperamental and its well documented here. I always found incredibly frustrating the inability to resume a track where I left off after being paused for a minute or so.

I'd hold off until Fiio releases this next firmware update to see what sort of improvements they've made, some time ago they promised an overhaul of the music app.

Dec 28, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #14,139 of 15,899
Enjoying Holiday.... 20181228_202602.jpg
Happy Holidays Guys...
X5iii with UAPP with MQA and perfect bit mode...

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #14,142 of 15,899
Clearly (or maybe a tiny little hope)
Fiio has a new product line (M6, M9...) so now it's over for the X5. They're not under the same version of Android.
For me, it's a great reader, but we were beta testers.
When I see I also bought the BTR1, and a few months later they release the BTR1K, I still feel like I'm being fooled with Fiio....(at least until the X3 gen2)

Dec 29, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #14,143 of 15,899
Clearly (or maybe a tiny little hope)
Fiio has a new product line (M6, M9...) so now it's over for the X5. They're not under the same version of Android.
For me, it's a great reader, but we were beta testers.
When I see I also bought the BTR1, and a few months later they release the BTR1K, I still feel like I'm being fooled with Fiio....(at least until the X3 gen2)

Poised to be has beens in the DAP industry, where competitors are catching up way too fast with real working bug free software and quick responsive OS's. They will be the boost mobile of
DAP's within a year with this current take it or leave it attitude, actually they'll just run themselves out of business or respond to the junk firmware complaints and come up w/a real working OS and offer us trade in trade up programs. Your move FiiO........or should I say FRIEND ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back