Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 1, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #13,321 of 15,897
@Brooko - thanks for the tips. I do have the latest FW, and have done a Factory Data Reset once. I suppose I could try it again.

If you have read my past few posts, you can see that my issues have been similar to yours. I don't know if you are using a micro-card but if so, I would encourage you to consider re-formatting the card and reinstalling your files. It made all the difference in the world for me.

Powderphinger

May 1, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #13,322 of 15,897
If you have read my past few posts, you can see that my issues have been similar to yours. I don't know if you are using a micro-card but if so, I would encourage you to consider re-formatting the card and reinstalling your files. It made all the difference in the world for me.

Powderphinger
Coincidentally, I'm using both SD slots, as I just moved two SD cards from my X5-1 directly in the the X5-3. That'll take awhile to move everything off, reformat, and move everything back on...but it's maybe worth a try. Thanks.

May 1, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #13,324 of 15,897
for those spotify users, are you able to save the downloaded offline files into the micro sd card or in its 32gb internal memory?

May 1, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #13,325 of 15,897
for those spotify users, are you able to save the downloaded offline files into the micro sd card or in its 32gb internal memory?

There is the Spotify imposed 3333 track download limit but other than that I have had no trouble with offline storage to SD card in 'extreme' mode. Sometimes the whole library gets wiped but I have had that on Android phines and my son had it happen on his iPhone so I think that this is a Spotify issue. I haven't had this happen since I limited my offline devices to 2 rather than 3.

As the internal memory is seen as an SD card it would probably work for offline storage, what you can't do (so far as I can tell) is span the offline files across multiple SD cards.

May 3, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #13,326 of 15,897
I managed to figure out that FiiO Music app does not recognize mp4(not even just the audio like Winamp could do 16 years ago), but ES File Explorer's media player(and another one available just called Video Player?!?) will play them. I have a large number of them in one folder I would like to add to a playlist, and some are saying there is a File Manager feature to Touch Hold, Select All then Add to Playlist, but I do not see the latter, nor am I aware if it supports shuffle play. Do I just need to try a different media player or does ESFE need an update?

So it's been about a month and I've seen no response.
I do not want to extract the MP4 audio to .wav and recompress as MP3, as this will create more signal loss and likely be a larger file anyway.
So how about it? What's the best option on this device for playing just the audio from all MP4 videos in shuffle mode from a single folder? Will I need to update ES File Explorer or is there a better option?

May 3, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #13,327 of 15,897
So it's been about a month and I've seen no response.
I do not want to extract the MP4 audio to .wav and recompress as MP3, as this will create more signal loss and likely be a larger file anyway.
So how about it? What's the best option on this device for playing just the audio from all MP4 videos in shuffle mode from a single folder? Will I need to update ES File Explorer or is there a better option?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc&hl=en_US, give this a whirl

May 3, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #13,328 of 15,897
I recently purchased a FiiO x5 gen 3.
I have two issues with it:

1) Using USB connection - can't "see" device using Windows 10. Works with older Windows 7 computers.
I've tried doing some searches for how to fix this but hasn't worked.

2) Bluetooth not working for connection with my Sennheiser PXC 550 wireless headphones -- which I use for travel.
(those headphones can BT link with my iPhone X)
Bluetooth works with some MPOW Flame bluetooth headphones.

I still have time to return it and would think about the FiiO x7 gen 2 or the iBasso DX150 or 200 instead.

Thoughts?

Mike

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #13,329 of 15,897
I actually have similar issues, and I just received the FiiO X5 Gen 3.
When I plug it into my pc this message comes up: The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

May 3, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #13,330 of 15,897
I recently purchased a FiiO x5 gen 3.
I have two issues with it:

1) Using USB connection - can't "see" device using Windows 10. Works with older Windows 7 computers.
I've tried doing some searches for how to fix this but hasn't worked.

2) Bluetooth not working for connection with my Sennheiser PXC 550 wireless headphones -- which I use for travel.
(those headphones can BT link with my iPhone X)
Bluetooth works with some MPOW Flame bluetooth headphones.

I still have time to return it and would think about the FiiO x7 gen 2 or the iBasso DX150 or 200 instead.

Thoughts?

Mike
X7ii. It's the best performing one of the bunch and I actually liked it's sound more than the DX200 (AM3A VS AMP1) .

May 3, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #13,331 of 15,897
X7ii. It's the best performing one of the bunch and I actually liked it's sound more than the DX200 (AM3A VS AMP1) .
Thanks for the feedback.
Is the FiiO X7ii as buggy (or not) vs x5 gen 2 for USB <-> computer connectivity?

The DX150 intrigued me as new and at least potentially maybe better at connectivity and modern updates.

Mike

May 4, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #13,332 of 15,897
I actually have similar issues, and I just received the FiiO X5 Gen 3.
When I plug it into my pc this message comes up: The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

Are you using the v4.11.0 USB DAC drivers, as I had issues using the older drivers.

May 4, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #13,333 of 15,897
Are you using the v4.11.0 USB DAC drivers, as I had issues using the older drivers.
Under Settings -> About device
Build number: 1.1.4
Android version: 5.1.1

Or do you mean a USB driver I need to manually download to computer?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back