Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Sep 20, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #11,417 of 15,897
FiiL Diva for Bluetooth (with NC) - they are fantastic for travel. And the HD630VB - Sennheiser knocked it out of the park with these. I just wish they were a little lighter.

Thanks, Brooko. I have been looking at the 630VB's. They will be for home use only, so not too worried about the weight, or looking like a Cybereman.

v14-head.jpg

I'm also quite keen on the B & W P7 wireless, after reading Twister6's review: https://twister6.com/2016/12/18/bw-p7-wireless/

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #11,419 of 15,897
With all that I have, why do I still want these?
Why MB why! Heck dont ever stop. I like reading your impressions of new HPs, iems and buds :wink: Its all about loving the music and going overboard with it.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #11,420 of 15,897
Sep 20, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #11,422 of 15,897
I had a pair of them but was using a QP1R at the time. That combination lacked bass.

Am waiting on a pair of protein leather Ori pads. Will see if they do anything to the bass and isolation.

Sep 20, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #11,423 of 15,897
Sennheiser PXC 550. One of the best I auditioned (tried Bose, Sony, BW before bought 550).

Does anyone have an issue with Bluetooth headphones with a sort of wavering speed in the music, where it sort of goes faster or slower in pitch? In my experience with Bluetooth it seems this is a problem and I tend to avoid this technology as good as it mostly is, noise-wise, compared to 900mhz or 2.4ghz wireless sound technology. Maybe the tech has improved to the point that this issue is gone. How is the X5III in this area? Is the sound steady and not up and down pitch-wise?

BTW, just got my X5III and very impressed by the sound using the native player and also Spotify. Mine came with 1.1.0 FW and I OTA'd to 1.1.7 (with some trepidation) So far so good but I haven't pushed it very hard. Only thing so far is that it is sensitive to proximity to wireless router, much better behavior in wireless mode when closer.

Sep 20, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #11,424 of 15,897
Does anyone have an issue with Bluetooth headphones with a sort of wavering speed in the music, where it sort of goes faster or slower in pitch? In my experience with Bluetooth it seems this is a problem and I tend to avoid this technology as good as it mostly is, noise-wise, compared to 900mhz or 2.4ghz wireless sound technology. Maybe the tech has improved to the point that this issue is gone. How is the X5III in this area? Is the sound steady and not up and down pitch-wise?

BTW, just got my X5III and very impressed by the sound using the native player and also Spotify. Mine came with 1.1.0 FW and I OTA'd to 1.1.7 (with some trepidation) So far so good but I haven't pushed it very hard. Only thing so far is that it is sensitive to proximity to wireless router, much better behavior in wireless mode when closer.

No such issues. Rarely (about 1/50) lost connection only. If you want really good sound, go to Tidal HiRes.

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #11,425 of 15,897
After all these months, pulled out and dusted off my Fiio X3II tethered to the Fiio E12 amp.

Guess what?

Experienced a slightly different but more robust signature than the X5 3rd Gen.

The human brain is the most complicated organic system on the planet. Perhaps in the entire universe.

Hmm..

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #11,426 of 15,897
No such issues. Rarely (about 1/50) lost connection only. If you want really good sound, go to Tidal HiRes.

Thanks, I've been considering either Tidal or Spotify Premium (on free now but you're hobbled on a small device in free). Maybe I'll go with Tidal as it seems the quality is inherently better with hi res.

Did you have any thoughts on how the X5III implements Bluetooth?

Sep 20, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #11,427 of 15,897
Look. I enjoy @FiiO products but one thing is bothering me. I had the X5III since launch. And on there product page they have que feature that was suppose to be added. Nothing yet and we been on many firmwares. And the sluggish of shuffling over 11,000 songs. It's ok when you tap the play normal icon and let the songs play. It's almost two months since we had firmware update.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #11,428 of 15,897
Couple of questions, how does one search this thread for possible answers like the old site? I can't find the search this thread button anywhere!!

Also does anyone have issues with Spotify and the fact that it keeps logging out and deleting 'offline' premium content on their X5-3rd Gen? I've tried uninstalling everything even down to folders, restarting, and reinstalling Spotify. I've cleared the 3 'offline' units associated with my account so that I'm not running into too many devices problem. Yet even after 2 days of trying different things my X5-3rdGen keeps losing the offline audio content I've downloaded. HELP!!

Sep 20, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #11,429 of 15,897
Couple of questions, how does one search this thread for possible answers like the old site? I can't find the search this thread button anywhere!!

Search box top right. When you start typing in it, the box expands, and you have an option to tick "search this thread"

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #11,430 of 15,897
Thank you Brooko! Also more details: My Fiio X5-3 has 1.1.7

Also does anyone have issues with Spotify and the fact that it keeps logging out and deleting 'offline' premium content on their X5-3rd Gen? I've tried uninstalling everything even down to folders, restarting, and reinstalling Spotify. I've cleared the 3 'offline' units associated with my account so that I'm not running into too many devices problem. Yet even after 2 days of trying different things my X5-3rdGen keeps losing the offline audio content I've downloaded. HELP!!

Search box top right. When you start typing in it, the box expands, and you have an option to tick "search this thread"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back