Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Aug 2, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #10,622 of 15,899
I ran fiio_test and it stated that the battery was discharging when plugged into a Quickcharge 3.0 charger.

I have now turned my player off as I am down to 20% battery and dropping fast, I do not know if it will operate for testing if the battery runs out.

best of luck not sure whats going on there, Fiio may be able to help further.

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #10,624 of 15,899
The X5iii is the 3rd player I own now. The X3 is still a good player and Fiio made it better than it was when it first came out. The only thing I did to it was change the battery. I still use it.
I then upgraded to the X5 2nd gen and had some small problem but Fiio fixed all but OTG that they advertized that it could do but took it away because some cry babies said it slowed the player down. I never had any problems with that so I still use an old firmware so I can. But I lose the latest update. Still a very good player.
Now I have this thing, the X5iii It should have been called The Bug. Every time there is an update we get to find all kinds of new bugs. Oh but it does sound pretty good for the price. And now they have all kinds of new products coming out now so all you beta testers will be in heaven. I still hope they can fix this thing one day but this will be my last Fiio player . And don’t ask what bugs. Most of them have been listed and I don’t have all day.

Aug 2, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #10,627 of 15,899
I decided to buy this X5iii (Red!) while waiting for availability of X7ii. I should receive it tomorrow. Hope these recent issues aren't showstoppers.

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #10,628 of 15,899
Careful Fiio ... you are making a lot of people unhappy! Strangely i have had no major problems with it since day one. Praise the Lord!

Aug 3, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #10,630 of 15,899
Hi
Is somebody know what chip is used in the X5III as a SPDiF transmitter? I would like to use the X5III as a digital transport and I would like to know what is the jitter on the SPDiF output.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #10,631 of 15,899
hold the power button and fast forward up for 30-40 secs. Use the vol to scrol to 'reboot system now' and the power button to set that going wait 30 sec and power back on. Make sure you have the most uptodate file manager installed form playstore.

Beside the resume problem, I had the same case with blue screen after the upgrade to 1.1.7. few days ago and I did with success the same procedure you propose. we can only hope in a new quick update to 1.1.8. " tested by Fiio", not by us,

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #10,632 of 15,899
Nobody? Fiio any idea when kernel source code will be released? A lot of of legit complaints from user would be solved with the help of the developer community. I for one am ready to start work on a custom kernel to compliment this great player. As a loyal customer for years I plead you not to violate the gpl license.
I agree with you. The community did a really good work on the X5 2nd in the past.

Aug 3, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #10,634 of 15,899
I think we should open a separate thread focused on firmwares
There can't be a proper rom/kernel without the kernel source. I highly doubt fiio will release anything. The x7 is already being replaced with the x7ii, they never released source.
Android is based on the linux kernel which is protected by the GPL V2 license. They have to publish the source of the binary they distribute.
I wish mr. FIIO himself would answer this simple questions. If and when?

Aug 3, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #10,635 of 15,899
Beside the resume problem, I had the same case with blue screen after the upgrade to 1.1.7. few days ago and I did with success the same procedure you propose. we can only hope in a new quick update to 1.1.8. " tested by Fiio", not by us,

I have only asked for the basics to work with this CRAPPY player.

Play music - When it works it plays well.

Connect to my computer - It has NEVER connected properly with my laptop.

Transfer files - I knew this was asking too much of this damn player, I tried Wifi Direct and guess what? It does not work.

Quickly charge - Fiio advertise it as Quickcharge 2.0 so I purchased a Quickcharge charger, after just 4 months I have LOST ALL CHARGING.​

I am now using an old X5II that is working perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back