Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jul 7, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #10,171 of 15,899
Whatever I can get.

I personally like the dual lock system which turn out to be much more convenient to me than a stacking kit.

Jul 8, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #10,173 of 15,899
Hello
I can hear a light crackling each time I start playing, or when changing tracks. I don't remember this with X5 1rst gen...
What can it be ? Did someone notice the same phenomenon (don't know if I should call it "issue") ?

I hear the same - especially on Neutron player. Didn't find any solution for that.

Jul 8, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #10,174 of 15,899
I hear the same - especially on Neutron player. Didn't find any solution for that.
Can You hear this with other players / same files ?

Jul 8, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #10,175 of 15,899
Dear friend,

My colleague told me she has replied your mail and you can have a check. We don't mean to ignore or reply you so late. It really took us some time to communicate with the software engineers about your question. Sorry if bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

I received the following reply.

"If you want to play the 24bit audio, please try to convert 24bit PCM to 32bit (unsigned int) PCM, then use auidotrack to play it. "

Does it take weeks to answer just this?
I can understand that the software engineer is busy, but I can not understand that it takes weeks to answer this only.
In addition, it was necessary to investigate FiiO Music log by myself. Because only this information was insufficient to implement code to native playback 24bit.
This is a terrible response.
I need to confirm details about the program, so I reply again.
Please answer as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #10,177 of 15,899
If Fiio did email you then please post what they said about it.

"If you want to play the 24bit audio, please try to convert 24bit PCM to 32bit (unsigned int) PCM, then use auidotrack to play it. "

I have created a simple Android application. And I was able to native-playback 24bit/ 192kHz wav file.
However, since the program requires a audio-format constant that is not an Android standard API, it is implemented exclusively for X5 3rd. For that reason, general third-party applications are considered to require implementation exclusively for X5 3rd. This is hopeless.
I'm confirming detailed program with the the FiiO.
I will keep updated with the progress of this issue.

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #10,178 of 15,899

I have created a simple Android application. And I was able to native-playback 24bit/ 192kHz wav file.
However, since the program requires a audio-format constant that is not an Android standard API, it is implemented exclusively for X5 3rd. For that reason, general third-party applications are considered to require implementation exclusively for X5 3rd. This is hopeless.
I'm confirming detailed program with the the FiiO.
I will keep updated with the progress of this issue.

thanks
sad that we are locked to using Fiio app for high res files!
I do feel ripped off.

Jul 9, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #10,179 of 15,899
the latest in a series of major issues with my Fiio player- the player does not turn on. When plugging in USB to charge, it boots up to charge and then turns off. I was able to turn the player on once, and received an "Android is Optimizing Apps" message before dying again. This may be a battery issue, but I've been trying to charge it for a bit now, and no luck. I worry the battery may have died and won't retain a charge.

@FiiO -- any suggestions? I tried contacting your direct email support for a warranty replacement but have not received a response in over a month. This is beyond upsetting.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #10,180 of 15,899
I had a similar issue and holding the power and skip back button for about 20 seconds woke the thing up. Maybe it was 30 seconds. Sigh.

Jul 9, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #10,181 of 15,899
Sadly, no luck. This thing is officially bricked.

I sent another message to Fiio support, calling for some warranty maintenance or replacement. At this point though, I'd rather switch to another DAP. Is there anything out there with 2xSD card slots and internal storage that isn't a piece of junk?

Jul 9, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #10,182 of 15,899
Mind got locked into OTG mode and would not charge so I hooked up an OTG cable to the player then hook that to a power source and it unlocked it so it would charge again. Just a thought that might help.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #10,183 of 15,899

I sent another message to Fiio support, calling for some warranty maintenance or replacement. At this point though, I'd rather switch to another DAP. Is there anything out there with 2xSD card slots and internal storage that isn't a piece of junk?

im sorry you got a bad piece but its certainly not junk from where i am looking at it and listening to it.

Jul 9, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #10,184 of 15,899

My first gen X5 still works swell, I suppose the 2nd gen does as well.

Jul 10, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #10,185 of 15,899
My first gen X5 still works swell, I suppose the 2nd gen does as well.

i regret selling my first gen x5. loved that thing!

i think i'm going to go a bit nuts and pick up the astell & kern kann- at this rate, i'd rather pay good money for something that works extremely well AND has a massive amount of storage capability. i still want to get this repaired under warranty so i can at least sell it or gift it to make some of the money back. otherwise, $400 paperweight. bought in april, dead in july. never worked well from day 1 and lost all hope to return it outside of Fiio's unresponsive support team :frowning2:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back