Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 8, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #9,616 of 15,899
I can confirm that the handling of DSD files is better in 1.1.6. I had a DSD file with the Japanese version of "The Wall" and it shuttered with 1.1.5, seems ok with 1.1.6.

Jun 8, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #9,617 of 15,899
FiiO releases the new firmware FW1.1.6 for X5 3rd gen:https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/fiio-releases-the-new-firmware-fw1-1-6-for-x5-3rd-gen.839702/
The following changes and improvements have been made to the X5III FW1.1.6 compared to the FW1.1.5:

3. Fixed issue where the output amplitude would decrease when resuming playing after a pause while the player is connected to the K5;

Yay! This is the one I've been waiting for! Now I can pause my music at work.
EDIT: and after installing the update and some quick testing, I can confirm that audio output remains at the same level when pausing playback whilst docked to the K5.

Thanks Fiio! Now finish the final work on the F5 IEMs so that my order can ship! :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #9,620 of 15,899
@FiiO

FiiO said:
Dear friend,

The firmware version is FW1.1.5, right? Have you turned on the resume mode? Which interface will appear after unlock the screen at that time?

Best regards

@FiiO

Hello,

Firmware is 1.1.5
I dont wan't resume mode when i turn on X5 III.
Display standby : 1mn (not power off, just display turn off)

i listen a song --> I clic on "pause" button --> if i wait 1 or 2mn (display is now on stanby mode) --> i push "power" button to wake up display on lock screen and my song disapear ....
if i unlock the screen , i am on Fiio Music application but i don't see my last song ... or sometimes fiio music application crash

I test with two SD card and two sd slot.
It is random problem.
I think this is a bug in the application or managing the standby.

Thanks for your help

@FiiO

I update firmware to 1.1.6 but i have the same issue.

But now i understand the real problem and you can resolve with the next firmware :p

I have got 2 SD card.

From the SD card slot number 1:
i listen a song --> I clic on "pause" button --> if i wait 1 or 2mn (display is now on stanby mode) --> i push "play" button to wake up display and i can listen my song..

From the SD card slot number 2:
i listen a song --> I clic on "pause" button --> if i wait 1 or 2mn (display is now on stanby mode) --> i push "play" button to wake up display. On lock screen my song disapear ....and i must restart my song

If not in use, I am sure that Slot number 2 is unmount AND/OR too slow to mount (after display standby). Resume song is impossible

Can you ask to your engineer to solve this: increase speed to mount Sd card on the slot number 2 ? or not unmount this slot when the DAP is in standby mode (black screen)

in one word : Slot number 2 must have the same behavior as slot number 1

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #9,621 of 15,899
I am liking this new firmware, maybe my allergies went away, but I think it sounds better, the clarity is better. (it can be just me).

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #9,622 of 15,899
Since the download time seems to be of interest, I downloaded it about 6 hours ago and it took about 7 seconds - however, I am in China so if the servers are also based here, it would be quicker for me than someone in the States

Jun 8, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #9,624 of 15,899
@FiiO

FiiO said:
Dear friend,

The firmware version is FW1.1.5, right? Have you turned on the resume mode? Which interface will appear after unlock the screen at that time?

Best regards

@FiiO

I update firmware to 1.1.6 but i have the same issue.

But now i understand the real problem and you can resolve with the next firmware :p

I have got 2 SD card.

From the SD card slot number 1:
i listen a song --> I clic on "pause" button --> if i wait 1 or 2mn (display is now on stanby mode) --> i push "play" button to wake up display and i can listen my song..

From the SD card slot number 2:
i listen a song --> I clic on "pause" button --> if i wait 1 or 2mn (display is now on stanby mode) --> i push "play" button to wake up display. On lock screen my song disapear ....and i must restart my song

If not in use, I am sure that Slot number 2 is unmount AND/OR too slow to mount (after display standby). Resume song is impossible

Can you ask to your engineer to solve this: increase speed to mount Sd card on the slot number 2 ? or not unmount this slot when the DAP is in standby mode (black screen)

in one word : Slot number 2 must have the same behavior as slot number 1

Thank you very much for your help.

@FiiO I can confirm this behaviour. After a certain period of time, the second SD card appears to unmount which resets the position of any paused songs playing from it.

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #9,626 of 15,899
I maybe having a placebo effect where i am given to believe the channel separation is slightly better on FW 1.1.6

Jun 8, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #9,630 of 15,899
I'm really disappointed that the features I bought this player for (i.e. audio over USB, and DLNA streaming) still don't work properly. Given the popularity of the Mojo, I would have thought they would prioritise getting this sorted out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back