Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 12, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #7,456 of 15,899

3.  Finally... in the pure music mode, is there anyway to get the album art for the CD that is playing displayed bigger than the little mini-box at the top of the screen?  I have not been able to get anything displayed on the screen that looks like the pictures shown on the websites.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Just tap the mini version of the album art and a half screen version should pop up. Let your fingers roam free until you find all the goodies.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #7,457 of 15,899

Unless something changes real soon, I'm afraid this baby will be going back to the vendor and I'll wait till Fiio decides to get their interface cleaned up and working.

Looking for fixes.... still hoping.

Works fine

I got one of the first units and it has never had an issue with album art. I use strictly flac and 1 image per folder named cover. It has worked from day 1

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #7,458 of 15,899

If you started loading music before you updated to the latest firmware, you may need to clear you album art folder. Using the file browser (ES File Explorer or any other you installed), navigate to FiiOMusic and delete the folder called 'album'. Next, open the Fiio Music app, click on the settings icon (or swipe from the left), scroll down and select 'Reset database', then click 'ok'. Next, scroll back up the settings menu and select 'Scan for songs', then tap 'Scan all'. This should fix your embedded album art issue.

As for the lyrics message, as another member has said, you simply tap the album art to cycle to the next display screen.

OK...no music was loaded before the updates.  Unit re-booted.  Album folder deleted.  Database Reset.  Reboot.  No music showing.  Rescan.  Music reappears - NO Album Art at all now.  Reboot again... no change.

Anyone else having this issue?  Any help?

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #7,459 of 15,899
OK...no music was loaded before the updates.  Unit re-booted.  Album folder deleted.  Database Reset.  Reboot.  No music showing.  Rescan.  Music reappears - NO Album Art at all now.  Reboot again... no change.

Anyone else having this issue?  Any help?

At this point it may be worth doing a factory reset. Have you tried any third party apps to see if they have the same issues?

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #7,461 of 15,899
What is the best way to request for improvement ? @FiiO ?

For the below screen shot; I organize my files as \ "Artist Name" \ "Album Name" \ "Track Name"
When I am under the "Album folder", that arrow highlighted in Red Box will move back straight to SD Card 1.
Will be nice if it just move up one level.

For scanning, isn't "Completed" here supposed to say "Start Scanning" ?

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #7,464 of 15,899
Hello,

This morning, My X5 III raised an error.

What I did :
  1. Power On the X5 III. It was in "Android Mode"
  2. Pulled down the "Quick setting Menu"
  3. Enabled Bluetooh

The error was raised

On the screenshot, you can see the player is playing a sound. But it was not when the error occurred. First time I tried to take the screenshot, I failed with my fingers and it started to play a song.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #7,465 of 15,899
Hello again

Does the VU meter work with Bluetooth speakers ?

Mine does not : no move while the song is played !
confused_face_2.gif

Note : It works fine when a headphone is connected.

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #7,466 of 15,899
  For the below screen shot; I organize my files as \ "Artist Name" \ "Album Name" \ "Track Name"
When I am under the "Album folder", that arrow highlighted in Red Box will move back straight to SD Card 1.
Will be nice if it just move up one level.

Just use the BACK button on the bottom left ... 
I really like, how it works.
Back one directory tree with the 'normal' back button on the bottom and back to top with the one, you would like to change   :)

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #7,467 of 15,899
Hello again

Does the VU meter work with Bluetooth speakers ?

Mine does not : no move while the song is played ! :confused_face_2:

Note : It works fine when a headphone is connected.

As Bluetooth bypasses the DAC, the VU Meter cannot work.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #7,468 of 15,899
Hello,

This morning, My X5 III raised an error.

What I did :
  • Power On the X5 III. It was in "Android Mode"
  • Pulled down the "Quick setting Menu"
  • Enabled Bluetooh

The error was raised

On the screenshot, you can see the player is playing a sound. But it was not when the error occurred. First time I tried to take the screenshot, I failed with my fingers and it started to play a song.

[ATTACHMENT=4626]logcat-2017-04-13-06-43-24.txt (587k. txt file)[/ATTACHMENT]

I have also had this issue, though I was in Pure Music mode at the time.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #7,470 of 15,899
Hi guys,

The VU meter doesn't appear on my X5. What I'm doing wrong?

Video [COLOR=1155CC]here[/COLOR].

Dear garcsa,

The VU meter is not visible when playing DSD files.When choosing Bluetooth as output, the VU meter won't have any change.So please don't worry.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back