Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 1, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #6,631 of 15,899
Thanks. I've been looking for the internals pics. The Wifi+bt chipset was what interested me the most, as it's clearly not the most premium electronic inside this device.
smily_headphones1.gif

**Edit** and I confirm. At least 3 year old chip, costs around 3$ per chip when mass ordered.

Agree. Received my review unit yesterday and got a OTA firmware update not long after booting up.
Man that was slow as hell, many disconnects on the server side.

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #6,632 of 15,899
Really now? So a 1000$ iphone and having to eject the sim with a tiny pin is silly?
wink.gif

I honestly don't think a tray design is silly, it's actually quite classy and seamless. Tray inserts have existed for a while and work great.

It isn't idiot proof. I know because this idiot tried putting the tray in with the card on the wrong side about 6 times. I even looked at the pictures.

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #6,633 of 15,899
Anyone else had a weird bug on pure music mode where if you pause a track using the play/pause button and press it again to un pause it starts new track from other SD card.
Example is listening to a folder of tracks on SD2 and then after un pausing it starts to play track from SD1 random folder.

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #6,634 of 15,899

It isn't idiot proof. I know because this idiot tried putting the tray in with the card on the wrong side about 6 times. I even looked at the pictures.

​Oh! I thought I was the only one! Nobody told us the card went UNDER the tray - that is not intuitive. I was getting quite exasperated and just thought, OK what have I not tried yet - voila!

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #6,635 of 15,899

​Oh! I thought I was the only one! Nobody told us the card went UNDER the tray - that is not intuitive. I was getting quite exasperated and just thought, OK what have I not tried yet - voila!

Definitely been there and done that!  Even when looking right at the tray I get a bit confused...although there are those that would say that's my normal state of mind...
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #6,636 of 15,899
I'm getting weird behavior when using an in-line remote - The earbuds that come with the FiiO M3. I got an error code once, but didn't write it down. Today, I paused for a minute or two and there was no sound when playing again. I turned the screen on and I could see it switching between play and pause when pressing the button. Needed to reboot to get sound again. I haven't been able to duplicate the problem yet.

What is recommended for cleaning the screen (with protector still on)?

What format should playlists be saved as - ANSI, Unicode, UTF-8?  The first playlist I created works great, but new ones aren't being read correctly, They show up looking like 1 line where the text is written without line feeds. Using Foobar2000, I can read and play them with no problems.

Thanks

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #6,638 of 15,899

Definitely been there and done that!  Even when looking right at the tray I get a bit confused...although there are those that would say that's my normal state of mind...
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Me too !!
If I turn the unit face down.. it helps. Then the cards sit on top, as I expect them to.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #6,639 of 15,899
I see negative reviews around the amazon...are we happy go lucky in here?
Are satisfied with your 3rd gen?

Read the reviews on every Fiio release, it's virtually the same at every launch. And  "MSC" is the only one banging the drum, "It's hard to find" It only launched a month ago you idiot!..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3GH3AF6OTBM5U/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01N9K6CYV

Is this a significant enough upgrade on the audio end by itself? I don't know how much I would use the android side. Currently have an xii.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #6,640 of 15,899
  Read the reviews on every Fiio release, it's virtually the same at every launch. And  "MSC" is the only one banging the drum, "It's hard to find" It only launched a month ago you idiot!..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3GH3AF6OTBM5U/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01N9K6CYV

Is this a significant enough upgrade on the audio end by itself? I don't know how much I would use the android side. Currently have an xii.

Stock player works well for me, I don't have any problems using both mSDs and the sound is really good! 

Not sure about the battery, didn't make enough test to have a conclusive result. 

As for the boot-up, it is quite long buuuuut I don't really care. I don't scan library either. X5-3 can make someone happy with ease! 

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #6,641 of 15,899

Some people simply will not like this device. But I still do, and listen happily, with nary a problem...

Stock player works well for me, I don't have any problems using both mSDs and the sound is really good! 

Not sure about the battery, didn't make enough test to have a conclusive result. 

As for the boot-up, it is quite long buuuuut I don't really care. I don't scan library either. X5-3 can make someone happy with ease! 

I agree...It really isn't worth the time to counter all of the "problems" "MSC" mentions, either...

I really do appreciate FiiO's prompt response time to most issues that come up. Well done, @FiiO!

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #6,645 of 15,899

Users who are viewing this thread

Back