Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 2, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #6,647 of 15,899
Apr 2, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #6,648 of 15,899
Hi

I have an X5 2nd Gen, A5 and Fidue A83 IEM setup. If I was to purchase an X5 3rd Gen and just use it in file browsing mode, how many firmware issues would I possibly encounter that are currently waiting to be addressed?

Regards

Darren

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #6,649 of 15,899
  Hi

I have an X5 2nd Gen, A5 and Fidue A83 IEM setup. If I was to purchase an X5 3rd Gen and just use it in file browsing mode, how many firmware issues would I possibly encounter that are currently waiting to be addressed?

Regards

Darren

Darren, i'll be honest, I only use the folder view and i really haven't faced any issue with it till now.

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #6,651 of 15,899
  Thanks for the answer. Do you mean you have encountered an issue recently?

Negative. I meant so far so good and i am thoroughly enjoying the SQ with and without the A5. Though i prefer it with the A5.

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #6,652 of 15,899
  Hi

Regards

Darren

I mostly file browse (90%)

Sometimes stream but not offline (10%)

Not having any issues.

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #6,656 of 15,899
  Thanks. I was looking at the Opus #1, but they only have one dealer in the UK and they have been allowed to go out of stock with both the #1 and the #2!

​ loved the sound but I lean on EQ and pref a more extended android version incase I want to use a 3rd party app. Even if I don't use the option I like to be able to.

Apr 2, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #6,657 of 15,899

Hi. Does the 'smooth' sound disappear when using X5 III with the A5? I'm assuming the smooth sound (everyone is unanimous about) is due to using the internal amp. I'm hoping the Lineout into the A5 then gives a much clearer crisper enhanced natural pro sound on par with top tier players. Warm, smooth blah blah does not appeal to me, I just want high end natural and accuarte from top to bottom, representative of the source song, not the inbuilt amp, which obviously wouldn't match an external dedicated amp.

it's not smooth, it's musical.

some people listen to sounds, some to music :)

While i was a neutral maniac a few years ago i realized that i wasn't really listening to music anymore but to sound, sound quality, sound properties, but not really music and emotion. To me the X5 bring emotion back to the music compared to some DAPs who are amazing at conveying the purity of sound, but no emotion.

Some people are more into maths, some are more into poetry... the X5 is a poetic DAP.

sorry for this esoteric post :)

Sorry, a bit late, but just received my X5III and only managed to listen to it once with only limited number of songs. I agree with your statement - it is poetic. I would compare it with a juicy steak sandwich rich with salads and dressings - when you take a first bite and you feel all the richness and lushness of different aromas- that's X5III for you and it does bring emotions up, you find yourself having a huge grim on your face. And that is only from listening it for the first limited time. Great job FiiO.

Apr 2, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #6,658 of 15,899
They know about the EQ volume dropping. It is by design so you don't clip the frequencies when increasing them. This is a good thing.

A way around it would be to increase all the sliders and 'cut' the frequencies you want lowered and leave the ones you want raised at maximum. This method works quite well.

That's opposite from Cowon or Cayin I5 - when using (user defined) EQ volume actually goes up, especially with Cowon.

Apr 2, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #6,659 of 15,899

Quote:
  Sorry, a bit late, but just received my X5III and only managed to listen to it once with only limited number of songs. I agree with your statement - it is poetic. I would compare it with a juicy steak sandwich rich with salads and dressings - when you take a first bite and you feel all the richness and lushness of different aromas- that's X5III for you and it does bring emotions up, you find yourself having a huge grim on your face. And that is only from listening it for the first limited time. Great job FiiO.

Like a Prime Rib Hoagie.....mmmm. Yup Love that and X5iii

Users who are viewing this thread

Back