Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 28, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #6,183 of 15,897
  Dear PsoCore,

You can download from: http://apppack.fiio.net/Rockbox.apk.

Can you read other websites via the browser well? 

Best regards

Thanks, I was able to install Rockbox from Fiio Store.
Unfortunately the same happens here. And even more, because whenever I restart it after crash, it loads again with chinese language, although I chose english before.

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #6,184 of 15,897
Wish list for future firmware updates...

1. Information in the Android mode top bar (to the left of the battery icon) of the rate being processed by the DAC, for example "96K/24bit" , like the FiiO E17K shows.

With that information we would always know that third-party applications are actually doing with the files they are playing

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #6,185 of 15,897
So there is song shuffle on this thing.

I only wish I know how I got into this mode. I pressed the track skip/return button at the same time or maybe it was along with the play button. Not sure.

Afraid to try and replicate as I don't want to lose the happy accident.

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #6,187 of 15,897

Thanks for the input @Brooko 

Another question (if I may): Is there a noticeable improvement in SQ versus the Fiio Q1?

My current set-up is iPhone 6s -> Fiio Q1 -> HD600.
Will I notice an upgrade in SQ with Fiio X5iii -> HD600?

I listen a low volumes (not sure if this bit of info would affect your answer)

I tried Q1 with iPhone 7 a lot of times and with my Cowon Z2. Cowon sounds way better than the iPhone in terms of sonics and synergy. iPhone sound more digital and Cowon sounds more analog and natural.

AND most people here say that X5 3 sound way better than Cowon. so it should definitely sound way better than iPhone.

Q1 is not a neutral amp and it does not have great power, it colors the sound. X5 3 alone will sound better than your setup because it has more power than Q1.

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #6,188 of 15,897
So there is song shuffle on this thing.

I only wish I know how I got into this mode. I pressed the track skip/return button at the same time or maybe it was along with the play button. Not sure.

Afraid to try and replicate as I don't want to lose the happy accident.

On the Now Playing screen, it's the button to the left of the track skip backwards button. Keep tapping it to cycle through the different play modes (straight through, random, repeat track, repeat all).

Unless you're talking about some other mode that I haven't discovered yet.

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #6,189 of 15,897

Hi! Thank you very much for putting a lot of efford into communicating with your customers and trying to solve problems!

1. Yes, I know. Internet was on and Viber is activated. Sliders turned green you can move the EQ arround, it just does not have any effect on the sound at all. Exactly the same as the Spotify EQ, as mentioned before. Can maybe some other Headfiers check if you have the same problem?

2. I checked that, but the songs that used to be green and are grey now just say "not available" when you try to play them offline. 

Maybe other ideas?

Hi Fiio!

I think I came a bit closer to solve the mystery of 2.! Actually I realized that the player automatically seems to change the place to store Spotify data (from SD card to internal storage)!
For sure I set it up to "safe to SD card" when I installed Spotify, but after a while the setting suddenly changed to "internal storage" again (even though I did not do anything). It seems the offline content disappears right after that, which would be quite obvious. When you change to "SD card" again, it overwrites the spotify folder that was created before - so you have to restart downloading again. Until the same thing happens again!
Can you check that with your engineers?

Thanks! 

One more thing, unfortunetely: I just realized that - at least on my X5 iii - it seems the place for Spotify offline content gets definitely changed (from SD to internal) after every Spotify update! In other words, every time I update the Spotify app, I have to download all of my offline content again! This really cannot be true? Do others have the same problem?

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #6,191 of 15,897

If I purchase the X5iii, I definitely be relying on Spotify's EQ feature to add some bass boost to my offline songs.  Can anyone please confirm for me that this is indeed possible?

It was confirmed by others and also by Fiio earlier in this thread! 
Is sounded like they are working on it, though.

So far there really seem to be a lot of problems to use Spotify on the X5iii.
I really hope these can be solved soon, otherwise I am also thinking of returning the player.
But I am still hoping and they should! :) 
Because otherwise it is really a great player! 

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #6,192 of 15,897
Problem is the A5 battery time in and of itself is not much better than using the X5 III on its own, so you still have to fuss with recharging the A5 too. Whether you have to charge only one device often vs two, there's not much benefit. < my 2¢

That's a very fair point and one that made me loathe to use a stack for quite some time. Once you get into the routine of it, it's not too bad. I have one of the six port USB fast charging hubs setup next to my bed to make it all a lot easier. But then again, it's still not for everyone.

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #6,193 of 15,897

It was confirmed by others and also by Fiio earlier in this thread! 
Is sounded like they are working on it, though.

So far there really seem to be a lot of problems to use Spotify on the X5iii.
I really hope these can be solved soon, otherwise I am also thinking of returning the player.
But I am still hoping and they should! :) 
Because otherwise it is really a great player! 

I hope so too!

I primarily get my music from streaming services, but I also need to be able boost the bass.  Spotify will be my only option for this if I go with the X5iii (Spotify is the only streaming service with an EQ feature in the app).

Mar 28, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #6,194 of 15,897
That's a very fair point and one that made me loathe to use a stack for quite some time. Once you get into the routine of it, it's not too bad. I have one of the six port USB fast charging hubs setup next to my bed to make it all a lot easier. But then again, it's still not for everyone.

Is the FiiO A5 OK to stack with the X5 3rd Gen for hard to drive headphones, or is the performance ceiling too high for the A5?

Mar 28, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #6,195 of 15,897
  Is the FiiO A5 OK to stack with the X5 3rd Gen for hard to drive headphones, or is the performance ceiling too high for the A5?

Yes, it's okay.  Some of the early testers recommend it.  My X5iii and A5 are stacked even when listening to my iem's although I'll go through the X5iii headphone-out from time to time just for the change of pace/sound signature....
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back