Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 26, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #5,986 of 15,899
I had the same problem earlier and all I did was take out the mSD cards .. scan using a pc for errors and fix errors and put it back on the device and everything works as it should. Give it a try and to isolate the issue I suggest you remove each mSD card and see if the issue is being resolved.

Did you use a particoular program to do this?Thank you...

Mar 26, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #5,988 of 15,899
@FiiO

I think there is a noticiable "up or downsampling" in central icon of the Launcher main screen, and in the white point that is above
It is obviously blurry, and sometimes lag occurs in the refreshment of that icon

I think you should change or modify those "graphics" to have the correct size/resolution.

Seriously? I mean, it's just a slightly softened/blurry icon. It's a choice of graphic they used as everything else seems fine. Also, pressing the 'button' lag has more to do with the changing home page than the tiny icon itself.

I'd rather FiiO concentrates on functional changes like allowing the coaxial output to be able to pass on 24/192 and DSD over DoP, or implementing USB audio output, or a host of other things rather than have them re-work their choice of icons at this point. At least that would be my priority.

Mar 26, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #5,989 of 15,899
  Something must have changed.

When I had the X5III in Titanium and firmware 1.1.1 I could easily hear background hiss connected balanced with my SE846's between tracks & very slightly in track if trying to listen for it.

When my Red arrived yesterday I immediately updated it to 1.1.3 before using, and connected balanced I couldn't notice any hiss, even between tracks really.

I've spent last couple of hours listening to a range of soft classical/easy listening tracks which have quiet/silent phases in the tracks and I honestly can't hear any hiss in a totally silent room even between tracks and in a couple of tracks the instrument separation; clarity; placement; sound stage; air all sound noticeably improved compared to SE.

Anybody else noticed this on balanced?  Can't be down to Red being different surely (unless manufacturing/component variations can make a difference).

Its sounding simply stunning with my SE846's balanced, even better than I remember with Mojo due to wider sound stage than I remember with Mojo. The B&W P5's also sound great with it. 

Updated to 1.1.4 via download (not OTA) with no issues.  Also, not had loss of Spotify offline yet which I experienced before but that may have been down to Spotify with number of offline devices. Not sure on that yet. At the moment its working flawlessly with my Spotify Offline tracks on internal memory and my FLAC/DSD's on single 128GB Sandisk mSD in slot1.

Hi mate,

I've got the SE846 as well, running 1.1.4 firmware on the X5 III black and I have a lot of hiss but I'm using the SE846's stock unbalanced cable.

Could you tell me if you hear some hiss with the stock cable so that I know it's worth to invest in a balanced cable.

Thanks.

Mar 26, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #5,991 of 15,899

FiiO releases new firmware FW1.1.4 for X5 3rd gen

[COLOR=000000]Recently the firmware upgrading of X5 3rd gen is quite frequent and many of you are quite active to share firmware feedback with us. We really appreciate your attention and support. To achieve better user experience with X5 3rd gen, we hereby would like to explain this matter to you.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]First of all, we would like to briefly explain the procedure of how we release an official firmware:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]New beta firmware created--> tested within our software team--> tested by our testers group in China and some of our testers abroad.

[COLOR=000000]If the new improvements & functions are confirmed to be OK during all above tests, then we would release it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]One of the benefits of Android system is that we could keep adding new functions by firmware update. Therefore, the smart phones or other smart devices could be upgraded continuously during their product cycles and get more and more playability with each update. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Due to the limit of software scheme and some unpredictable difficulties that we have met, there might be a bit delay on realizing some of the functions that we promised before. However, in the light of customer-oriented principle and to improve user experience, we also added some functions we didn't plan to add before. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]And of course, you have the right to choose whether to upgrade to the latest firmware or not. However, we normally would recommend our users to upgrade so that they could enjoy the product better.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]When the firmware becomes more stable, we will slow down the firmware update in the future.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Hereby, we would like to listen to your opinions on how we should update our firmware: [/COLOR]
  1. [COLOR=000000]Keep up the current update frequency[/COLOR]
  2. [COLOR=000000]One/two month a update[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]FiiO always respect the users' opinions and ideas. So you're welcomed to make any suggestion to us and we would be open to your advice. Thank you for your support again![/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.1.4 compared to the FW1.1.3.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]However, due to different using habits and that some of the problems may only happen in rare conditions, we could not detect all the problems during our tests. But we're working on to improve this situation now. If any of you would like to help us to test the firmware in the future, please contact[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]support@fiio.net[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]1) Added option to return to the root directory with just one click while in the Folder view menu;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]2) Fixed issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally after creating a FiiO Music widget in the home screen;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]3) Fixed issue where the ViPER effect would not work after restarting the player;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]4) Fixed issue where the track number display and track skipping under a folder/album might not work properly;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]5) Fixed issue where the player might give the "Storage unexpectedly removed" notice after waking up;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]6) Fixed issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally when switching the display between different track lists;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]7) Fixed issue where the now playing list would be displayed incorrectly when resume playing a song;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]8) Fixed issue where the Sleep timer value would not be reset after the Sleep function took effect;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]9) Fixed issue where the set value of Idle poweroff timer might change after restarting the player;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]10) Fixed issue where the idle poweroff function would still take effect when in DAC mode;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]11) Miscellaneous bug fixes;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Firmware download: Click here [/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]How to upgrade: [COLOR=000000]Click here[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/color]

First of all thanks for your close interactions with end users in firmware improvement.

IMHO, you should keep a minimum of 15 days between upgrades unless critical issues are discovered.
Therefore your teams will have more time for regression tests.

Personally I am paying a lot more attention to non compliances,meaning advertised features not yet implemented.
As for instance, do you have a roadmap or scheduled date regarding USB Audio output?
Rgds.

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #5,992 of 15,899
I had an issue with the last firmware.
In some albums (internal memory), switching the screen off makes the player skip to the next album. It didn't happen with the previous firmware.
If only happens when you turn the screen off tourself, not when letting the DAP do it.

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #5,993 of 15,899
Just got a call from the shop - my Fiio X5-III will be delievered in an hour. Can't wait to get it )
I already have Fiio X3-2 so I will write a bit of a review and comparasion between the two of them when I get a new item

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #5,994 of 15,899
So I reset my librarry after updating to new fw.
Re scanned and boom only 3 files not scanned. 
1 of which is a DSF file.

Glad Fiio added Recently Added list on the app. Its a long awaited feature for me! 
@FiiO could you give us a option to select time frame for the recently added? Example, week or month etc?

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #5,995 of 15,899
I asked a few weeks ago if this supports https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smarterdroid.wififiletransfer&hl=en

Won't be in a position to upgrade gen I to gen III for a few weeks so I can't test this at this time

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #5,996 of 15,899
I had the same problem earlier and all I did was take out the mSD cards .. scan using a pc for errors and fix errors and put it back on the device and everything works as it should. Give it a try and to isolate the issue I suggest you remove each mSD card and see if the issue is being resolved.

Did you use a particoular program to do this?Thank you...

I just scanned it under win 10

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #5,997 of 15,899
I am totally new to the audiophile hobby. Sick of iTunes and iPod Nanos, I was looking for a high-quality alternative and found the world of hi-res DAPs. Wow. After a few weeks of consideration and reading I decided to get the X5iii. I am really happy with it. It ticks all the boxes for me. A lifelong Mac user (since the 1980s), I've never used an Android OS but the setup was easy, loading music to the player was such a refreshing change from the tyranny of iTunes, too. :)

Honestly, my expectations for sound quality have been totally exceeded by this unit. The only glitch I've encountered is the painfully slow OTA firmware update for 1.1.4 - the initial FW upgrade OTA was quite fast actually. So I just downloaded it to my Macbook and did it manually. Easy.

I'm super happy. 

Since this will be a dedicated DAP - no other uses except for playing music - I am considering the custom ROM upgrade from WindowsX, has anyone had any experience with this yet?

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #5,999 of 15,899
I just got the Red version and I also agree it's gorgeous!

Anyway, somebody's already rooted it over at the fiio forums:

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41935

Also, I can confirm the above works as I just rooted it tonight because I couldn't get Google Play Music to recognise my sdcard for downloading music for offline playback. Probably unnecessary and it was just my fault, but the temptation to root it was just too great!

Yeah, saw the post. But I hate the idea of Kingoroot, as it installs proprietary root and opens risk of unknown backdoors, even if you end up converting to SuperSU afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back