Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 24, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #5,838 of 15,897
But I like both :)
Write a review on both styles on the X5III. PS I usually not into cover bands (Krall) but Im I am interested to read.

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #5,839 of 15,897

If this same library of files works on the X5 I, you probably have a rare X5 3rd “lemon”.
Try an exchange before you give up.

But for the beautifully rich sound of the Fiio X5 3rd Gen, I think no one, including myself would put up with the indignities of this dreadfully buggy UI.

Without this magnificently wonderful sound, users (including myself) would be ditching this device left and right.

Yet we persevere, reluctant to let go, confident that Fiio will make it all right.

Thank You Fiio!

That's too bad! I haven't been able to scour the whole thread to see what else has been going on, but that does sound like the case. The same files work just fine in the X5 I, so it's a total mystery to me. Still unsure whether or not this is a unique issue or something others have experienced. If anything, hoping that this helps address an issue for others.

Pro: Loved the way the artwork looked on this DAP and dug the addition of bluetooth... So many reasons to love, but alas. I'm going to hang tight for a week to see if we can't work together in PM, fingers crossed.

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #5,840 of 15,897
Is anyone else experiencing a bug where sometimes when you hit the pause button, whether it's the physical pause key or from the screen, it restarts the song again? I am not able to replicate it every time, but it does seem to happen once the player doesn't play for a while.  I hope this is a known issue.

@Fiio, There is definitely a problem with the pause button and forward/reverse. Having to wipe data and cache once the device updates is not an acceptable practice for a device such as this. I've used many Android devices and have never had to continue to perform these tasks to make the device run correctly. It's a great device, but it's becoming a little aggravating to have to deal with all these minor annoyances. They are adding up very fast.

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #5,841 of 15,897

That's too bad! I haven't been able to scour the whole thread to see what else has been going on, but that does sound like the case. The same files work just fine in the X5 I, so it's a total mystery to me. Still unsure whether or not this is a unique issue or something others have experienced. If anything, hoping that this helps address an issue for others.

Pro: Loved the way the artwork looked on this DAP and dug the addition of bluetooth... So many reasons to love, but alas. I'm going to hang tight for a week to see if we can't work together in PM, fingers crossed.

It would be great if you had access to another X5 3rd to test those SD cards on.......if they work, you got a lemon.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #5,842 of 15,897
Mar 24, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #5,843 of 15,897
I like Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs, Mannheim Steamroller, Roy Clark, Donna Summer, and AC/DC...
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

But ELO, Moody Blues, and Alan Parsons Project are my favorites...
wink_face.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #5,844 of 15,897
I have been following the thread and was waiting for the red to be available. I ordered it from Tinbel on Amazon. Originally it was set to arrive April 3rd updated to March 29th. I am excited for it!!!

I have the FiiO x5 1st gen currently will my current digital out coax cable work with the 3rd gen???

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #5,845 of 15,897
I have been following the thread and was waiting for the red to be available. I ordered it from Tinbel on Amazon. Originally it was set to arrive April 3rd updated to March 29th. I am excited for it!!!

I have the FiiO x5 1st gen currently will my current digital out coax cable work with the 3rd gen???

Yes it will. I used the x5iii coax cable hooked to the Aune S6. No problem.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #5,846 of 15,897

Yes it will. I used the x5iii coax cable hooked to the Aune S6. No problem.

I used the digital coax with my Burson Conductor V2+ last night and it worked really well.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #5,847 of 15,897
Play pause bug and music app freezing on fw 1.1.3

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #5,849 of 15,897
Mar 25, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #5,850 of 15,897
So how does the X5 III compare to the Opus #1? I read a review by a headfier saying the X5 was crap and the Opus #1 had far superior audio quality. What does everyone think?

​I just sold my Metal OPUS which is a unit between the #1 and the #2 in price but sonics are the best of the 3 IMO.
 I cannot say anything bad about the unit. Fantastic sound. The U.I. was pretty basic.
I can kick the i5 by Cayin and Dx200 from ibasso as they are pretty poor devices IMO. Pink Floyd via EX1000 sounded fantastic on OPUS and congested on i5 and ipodish in DX.

The X5iii was bought (this story was already shared) to pinch the hype using my OPUS as the hype killer.
Then the device started and so did my love for it. The DX200 came in and it's stunningly poor replay was the new focus. The OPUS got lost in the mix. I did a comparison that now has more views than any D vid on the net...pretty sure.

The OPUS is fine and folks that say otherwise are axe grinding.
The X5iii is outstanding and folks that say they don't like it? fine (opinion)... it is poor? are axe grinding.

I just sold one and kept the other.

I live in Japan and can hear whatever I want at anytime.

The TOTL for me that nobody uses cuz Sony is an ultra pain in the azz is the PHA-3 (The only balanced out that ever sounded different from the SE on any device I ever heard) so that beast stays forever. For portable I chose the X5iii

Love the X5iii.
I was a guy looking to do a vid and see what the building hype was about and if it was hype in my mind...I was going to throw cold water on faces and enjoy it.
I'm a dick like that.

But the X5iii sounds fantastic.

Ever read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance?

“And what is good,
And what is not good—
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?”​

Listen for yourself.
Everybody
including me are at various levels of  "Full of crap"
If you can't listen for yourself....choose the most charismatic conman and pray for luck
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back