Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 18, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #5,236 of 15,897
  I have one big problem with my X5iii (and many minor ones which haven't detracted from my enjoyment of the device). Any internet radio apps "lose connection" on a regular basis. I've noticed that downloads from almost any source have very variable rates so I am suspicious that the wireless connection is flaky.

The X5 is the only device I have that suffers from internet radio disconnects (I have a fair few what with laptops, desktops and mobile phones) but the X5 is the one I want most to work - any one else suffering from this?

Yes. If there is anything I am unhappy with, it's everything that has something to do with it's WiFi.

My phone downloads everything very fast but Fiio takes forever to get an app. Deezer freezes very often when streaming from Fiio and never from my phone. Streaming is a hit and miss

Fiio should really have a look at the drivers.

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #5,237 of 15,897
Hello,

When the FiiO X5 III is connected to a Windows PC with USB, does it automatically charge the battery ?

If it does, then is there a way to disable "battery charge" in FiiO X5 III menus ?

Thank you,

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #5,238 of 15,897
  I have one big problem with my X5iii (and many minor ones which haven't detracted from my enjoyment of the device). Any internet radio apps "lose connection" on a regular basis. I've noticed that downloads from almost any source have very variable rates so I am suspicious that the wireless connection is flaky.

The X5 is the only device I have that suffers from internet radio disconnects (I have a fair few what with laptops, desktops and mobile phones) but the X5 is the one I want most to work - any one else suffering from this?

I think it is partly due to "Wi-Fi intelligent sleep" feature. You can find it at: Settings -> Wi-Fi -> three dot menu top right hand -> Advanced -> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep -> set to "Always". Obvious downside, standby battery drain might increase.

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #5,239 of 15,897

I think it is partly due to "Wi-Fi intelligent sleep" feature. You can find it at: Settings -> Wi-Fi -> three dot menu top right hand -> Advanced -> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep -> set to "Always". Obvious downside, standby battery drain might increase.

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

I've managed to improve things a bit by increasing the buffering to 20s, but that is annoying on start-up, and I've only found one app so far that I can do that on (TuneIn Radio). That covers almost everything I listen to but it isn't as nice as (e.g.) BBC iPlayer or some of the other station specific apps. Plus waiting for 20s for s stream to start isn't much fun...

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #5,240 of 15,897
FiiO I have discovered a bug with the new firmware. The FiiO Music app refuses to launch and the background service continues to crash if you have the 4x4 widget on your home screen. I tried clearing the cache and resetting the app to no avail. It worked perfectly after removing the widget from the launcher.

You are my lifesaver... Thx

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #5,241 of 15,897
I have been suffering with SD2 unmounting when it feels like it. Bah. Sometimes I have to reboot to be able to remount it.

I upgrade to 1.1.3 and listened for about six hours with my SE846s. Holy crap this thing sounds swell. My My My.

same issue with sd2 unmounting but after a factory reset it seems not to happen anymore.. to be continued

i strongly advice to factory reset in recovery mode after each upgrade, that's the only way i could recover a decent stable X5 every time.

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #5,242 of 15,897
same issue with sd2 unmounting but after a factory reset it seems not to happen anymore.. to be continued

i strongly advice to factory reset in recovery mode after each upgrade, that's the only way i could recover a decent stable X5 every time.

Thats a big bug if we need to do a reset after every update.
They need to find the code that caused this in last two firmwares and revert it. 

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #5,244 of 15,897

This seems to be working 
gs1000.gif

Thank you so much for the help.

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #5,245 of 15,897
  Hi MinnieOne,

1. Could you kindly give us more information of it. 

2. Do you mean the feature of Artist Album, if yes, we do not have such function, we will consider it .

​Example: Stoned Immaculate Album - Each song will show up as a unique Album if left as is. I had to uncheck the Compilation tag as well as change the artist field to "The Doors" before it would read as one album. It's not a lot of work, but you lose the information of who the actual artist is. 

• "Is Everybody In?" — William S. Burroughs
    • Musicians: William S. Burroughs, Robby Krieger, Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Ralph Sall
  1. This track features Burroughs speaking one of Morrison's poems over loops created from original Doors recordings, mixed with new material
  • "Hello, I Love You" — Oleander
    1. Musicians: Ric Ivanisevich, Doug Eldridge, Fred Nelson, Robby Krieger and Dale Alexander
  • "Touch Me" — Ian Astbury
    1. Musicians: Ian Astbury, Robby Krieger, Ray Manzarek, John Densmore, Phil Chen, Bruce Fowler, Walter Fowler, Lawrence Klimath, Clarence Wears, Robert Greenridge and Vincent Charles
  • "Children of Night" — Perry Farrell & Exene
    1. Musicians: Perry Farrell, Exene, Robby Krieger, Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Ralph Sall
  • "Love Her Madly" — Bo Diddley
    1. Musicians: Bo Diddley, Robby Krieger, Ray Manzarek, John Densmore, Bob Glaub, Alexandra Brown, Mona Lisa Young and Jackie Simley
  • "The Cosmic Movie" — The Doors
    1. Musicians: Jim Morrison, Robby Krieger, Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Ralph Sall
  • "The End" — Days of the New
    1. Musicians: Travis Meeks, Robby Krieger, John Densmore, Rob Wasserman, Jamie Muhobaric and Ron Wagner

Mar 18, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #5,249 of 15,897

I have been suffering with SD2 unmounting when it feels like it. Bah. Sometimes I have to reboot to be able to remount it.

I upgrade to 1.1.3 and listened for about six hours with my SE846s. Holy crap this thing sounds swell. My My My.

upgrade but did you have to delete something ?

I have done many things to try and solve this. (Including deleting this and that directory, reformatting and reloading the brand new SanDisk Ultra card)
I have my fingers crossed that 1.1.3 solves it. I see I am not alone with this issue. SD1 stays no matter what, SD2 unmounts and sometimes requires a reboot to get working properly.
The card is fine. The card is fine. The card is fine. Have I mentioned the card is fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back