Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 17, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #5,162 of 15,899
Library scan work ok, but now I have another problem.
When I tap for the next song in the album, Fiio Music skip the whole album and play a song from another album!
Look what I have indicated with the arrow, the app display track "-1" and not "1"!

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #5,164 of 15,899
  Library scan work ok, but now I have another problem.
When I tap for the next song in the album, Fiio Music skip the whole album and play a song from another album!
Look what I have indicated with the arrow, the app display track "-1" and not "1"!

weird ! yesterday i noticed a track in my collection with a 1000000 kbps bitrate, funny bug. 
Maybe try to delete the Fiio Music app cache and rescan ?  maybe a faulty .cue file ? 

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #5,165 of 15,899
Hi,

Thanks - I have read some reviews but the ones I have seen only skim over the fact that the player can be used with streaming services. I was looking for more user experience and how the UI of these apps respond on the X5.

Any experience with offline use since the ability has been added to the SD cards would also be useful (on my older Sony ZX1 it was a horribly slow experience on Google Play Music when more than 1000 songs had been pinned for offline).

​Yeah, none of the reviews have really provided details on how X5 III does with streaming apps.  I'm most interested in how they perform with offline playback, sound quality, and responsiveness.  I don't understand why they don't elaborate on this as I think it is a very common and typical use case and the main appeal of an Android-based DAP instead of a custom DAP used to play your own library of FLAC/DSD music files.  That includes this 5000+ entries thread. Mind boggling....

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #5,167 of 15,899

weird ! yesterday i noticed a track in my collection with a 1000000 kbps bitrate, funny bug. 
Maybe try to delete the Fiio Music app cache and rescan ?  maybe a faulty .cue file ? 

I understand that sentient beings from other galaxies can hear music recorded at those bit rates so you might want to hang on to those tracks!

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #5,169 of 15,899

​Yeah, none of the reviews have really provided details on how X5 III does with streaming apps.  I'm most interested in how they perform with offline playback, sound quality, and responsiveness.  I don't understand why they don't elaborate on this as I think it is a very common and typical use case and the main appeal of an Android-based DAP instead of a custom DAP used to play your own library of FLAC/DSD music files.  That includes this 5000+ entries thread. Mind boggling....

I would agree that use of Tidal, etc. would be a key reason to consider this unit.  Personally, I am not a subscriber to Tidal.

Another use case is access to the NAS and that is not going so well for me.  There was a post for a workaround that I might consider if I owned the unit.

Right now I lean to the old school charm ( or lack thereof depending on your point of view) of a custom DAP with scroll wheels, buttons, etc. to access the music.

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #5,171 of 15,899

I can comment about Deezer. Works for me but I have some issues when streaming to a Chromecast Audio. Sometimes the player keeps casting but the app will 'freeze' on one song and stop responding. I assume it has to do with the app version (for Android 5) because I don't have these issues on my Galaxy S7.

Offline play works. Sound quality is very good (on high). Oh, and one more thing - Deezer will only recognize SD1 for offline storage. If I move the card to SD2 it shows 0 available space.

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #5,172 of 15,899

I'm using Spotify premium with the X5 and it works fine. Streams at the highest quality and downloads to SD1 for offline listening with no issues.

Streaming from the NAS drive has been a bit more hot and miss. Tracks show up in Fiio music app and appear to play but no output. In ES explorer they play around 70% of the time, the rest of the time I get error messages.

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #5,173 of 15,899
Forget the X5-3 method.

In iTunes you need to right click on the tracks in an album and 'get info'. Once there go to the album art tab and right mouse click on the album art image and copy. Then delete the album art with the delete button. After you delete the album art you then right click in the empty album art space and paste.

The problem with iTunes is it does not always embed the album art but stores it in a separate folder (similar to what the X5-3 did previously). By doing the above you will embed the album art in the tracks. You could also create a .jpg image of the album art named cover.jpg and place that in the same folder as your album.

Just a word about Macs, which is probably already known here...

When in iTunes, all you need is the album view, then control-click to access the sub menu.

Then click "get info," then click "album" tab, the copy, delete paste; as above.

Again, most probably know this, but this is still fairly new to me. Worked seamlessly, and I now have album art on all of my albums and devices!

Thanks for the tip, worked painfully easy...:thumbsup::hugging::sunglasses:

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #5,174 of 15,899

Pretty sure I mentioned that Tidal worked seamlessly, with good quality, too. The only thing I did not mention is the offline access; which at the time was a work in progress.

As of right now, if you download a playlist to an sd card, from Tidal; it works without a glitch. I was listening to my content offline last night with no internet connection. Tidal works, not sure about Spotify.

Best of luck, and hope this helps.

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #5,175 of 15,899
I'm using Spotify premium with the X5 and it works fine. Streams at the highest quality and downloads to SD1 for offline listening with no issues.

Streaming from the NAS drive has been a bit more hot and miss. Tracks show up in Fiio music app and appear to play but no output. In ES explorer they play around 70% of the time, the rest of the time I get error messages.

Streaming from a Synology  NAS works with Hibymusic and Neutron, just set the screen not to shut off and use the line out rather than the udb but bluetooth also works as do phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back