Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 11, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #4,608 of 15,899
Yes seems to be FW 1.1.2

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #4,609 of 15,899
http://m.fiio.net/en/stories/540

The following changes and improvements have been made to FW1.1.2 compared to FW1.1.1

1. Added option to customize the default album art image (can be set in FiiO Music->Settings-> Customize album art image);

2. Added lyrics display in lockscreen (can be enabled/disabled in FiiO Music->Settings->Lockscreen lyrics);

3. Fixed issue where the Power-off timers couldn't be turned off under Pure Music Mode;

4. Fixed the issue of over-large output amplitude when connected to a docking station;

5. Fixed issue where the display would not refresh automatically after auto searching for the lyrics or album art;

6. Fixed issue where the album art image and lyrics for CUE/ISO tracks were displayed incorrectly after downloading;

7. Fixed issue where there would be no sound output after switching from an ISO track to a CUE track when Gapless playback is on;

8. Improved the lockscreen album art display;

9. Improved issue where the title of some tracks were displayed incorrectly;

10. Improved the function of auto searching for lyrics and album art.

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #4,610 of 15,899
http://m.fiio.net/en/stories/540

The following changes and improvements have been made to FW1.1.2 compared to FW1.1.1

1. Added option to customize the default album art image (can be set in FiiO Music->Settings-> Customize album art image);

2. Added lyrics display in lockscreen (can be enabled/disabled in FiiO Music->Settings->Lockscreen lyrics);

3. Fixed issue where the Power-off timers couldn't be turned off under Pure Music Mode;

4. Fixed the issue of over-large output amplitude when connected to a docking station;

5. Fixed issue where the display would not refresh automatically after auto searching for the lyrics or album art;

6. Fixed issue where the album art image and lyrics for CUE/ISO tracks were displayed incorrectly after downloading;

7. Fixed issue where there would be no sound output after switching from an ISO track to a CUE track when Gapless playback is on;

8. Improved the lockscreen album art display;

9. Improved issue where the title of some tracks were displayed incorrectly;

10. Improved the function of auto searching for lyrics and album art.

But does it fix the scanning problem with images embedded into music as previously talked about?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #4,611 of 15,899
But does it fix the scanning problem with images embedded into music as previously talked about?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have no idea.

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #4,613 of 15,899

I got 3 options for
Pink Floyd - "Time"
One is Chinese the other 2 are something else and a song talking about Prince
confused.gif

This is a famous album by any metric, popularity ,sales, etc.

The album art on lock screen is still off in the same way as 1.1.1

Hoping for a better source for this device to find lyrics. It is same accuracy as before. Hit and miss.

I am appreciative for the effort though

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #4,614 of 15,899
Could the x5iii support native dsd256 with a firmware upgrade? I notice the new cayin N3 does with the same DAC but in a single arrangement. Not sure if it can be done via firmware but if an entry level dap can support dsd256 with the same architecture surely @Fiio can with this mid-level dap

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #4,615 of 15,899
Could the x5iii support native dsd256 with a firmware upgrade? I notice the new cayin N3 does with the same DAC but in a single arrangement. Not sure if it can be done via firmware but if an entry level dap can support dsd256 with the same architecture surely @Fiio can with this mid-level dap
mid level? Does mid level sounds worse than totl level? Which daps you consider upper level? Does upper level means it cost more even though the internal parts are the same?

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #4,616 of 15,899
mid level? Does mid level sounds worse than totl level? Which daps you consider upper level? Does upper level means it cost more even though the internal parts are the same?

Not sure what point your trying to make here...

Mid - level, as in its stated here, on this thread that this is mid level, on numerous occasions to identify its market position. Why all the 'Does mid level sounds worse than totl level?' Whats that got to do with anything i just said?

Tbh your response is a little pedantic, i am mearly asking if it was possible that this device at £389 could support dsd256 via firmware as the new cayin n3 at £149, with the same dac chip does... is that an unreasonable question?
If i were an experienced long time head-fier would you say the same or maybe say 'oh good point id like to see that too?'

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #4,617 of 15,899
Not sure what point your trying to make here...

Mid - level, as in its stated here, on this thread that this is mid level, on numerous occasions to identify its market position. Why all the 'Does mid level sounds worse than totl level?' Whats that got to do with anything i just said?

Tbh your response is a little pedantic, i am mearly asking if it was possible that this device at £389 could support dsd256 via firmware as the new cayin n3 at £149, with the same dac chip does... is that an unreasonable question?
If i were an experienced long time head-fier would you say the same or maybe say 'oh good point id like to see that too?'

You need to specify what you mean by Mid-level though. Are you talking performance, or price-point? Those 2 don't necessarily go hand in hand  

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #4,618 of 15,899
seems like a minor update as gadget functions got improved but not really the critical ones, fiio music seems not to be more stable, still crashes sometimes, play/pause/resume is still very laggy, and as i experienced before when you put the X5 in sleep mode and wake it up after a while it takes age for the sound to resume.. when it does (sometimes i have to force fiio music to stop then restart)

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #4,619 of 15,899
seems like a minor update as gadget functions got improved but not really the critical ones, fiio music seems not to be more stable, still crashes sometimes, play/pause/resume is still very laggy, and as i experienced before when you put the X5 in sleep mode and wake it up after a while it takes age for the sound to resume.. when it does (sometimes i have to force fiio music to stop then restart)

​ The leap from 1.0 to 1.1.1 was really evident but this update is not showing me anything. Somewhere a tech is reading initial feedback and feeling the burn. I'm sure a lot of time went into the improvements but they must be under the hood stuff mostly because the lyric and album art seems same as before. I wonder where Fiio gets the lyric database and if any other users read this and search for Pink Floyd "Time" are you getting Asian options in Europe and in America or is the database related to region. I think some of the lyric sources are free and enormous. I used to use Music Bee and I could select which source to search for my lyrics from.

That would be cool.
I am happy with the active FW update activity anyway.

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #4,620 of 15,899
Hi TheoS53,

Thanks for responding, 

I am just going by what terms have been thrown around on this thread... I have read every post from 1 - 4617 getting more and more excited by the prospect of getting one. I have also read about the Cayin N5, I5, DX80, Shanling M5, AK Jr etc..

I have also been looking at the possibilities of digital files, understanding that DSD is probably going to give you the the best detail retrieval and instrument separation (yes I know headphones play a big part in this too) and that DSD256 will have more of that than DSD64 (in theory).

Talking performance or price point? both? neither? I really dont know, I am not versed in the audiophile world but I am jumping on the wagon so at some point I may understand more to elaborate. As I said before, my use of 'Mid-Level' was based on the fact that that is what everyone has been calling it... the Fiio x1ii is entry right? and the AK380 is ToTL? From my limited experience I would put performance + price point in the same bracket because thats 'usually' how it works - if it costs more then you get better performance and I think that is not such an odd assumption to come to. Maybe in the audio hifi world its different, but my experience is with cameras from digital (apsc, full frame and medium format) to film (35mm, medium format and large format) and apart from a few exceptions (mostly concerning film cameras) the more you spend the better your product will be (again, with a few exceptions).

I dont really appreciate jmills8 dissecting my, albeit, newbie question as if I were a **** and that if I was not as clear and precise with my language as a sound engineer then that's fair game to mock my question.

Still, ignore the 'mid-level' bla bla bla.... the question really was if its possible to get DSD256 via firmware FULLSTOP

I appreciate you highlighting that I need to be very careful how I word things lest we spiral into a world of confusion.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back