Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 7, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #4,246 of 15,897
Yes I know, apps like poweramp have been bypassing this limitation and adding support for various DACs, On the forum they want people to report what DAC it currently dont work on and they will try and add it.
So it is possible IF the app developers see fit to bypass it for X5iii.

Terminology is important on a public forum or else myths and rumours start. You can not physically bypass the DAC in the X5-3, there is no other hardware to convert the digital sampled data to a continuous analogue signal in the X5-3. If you bypass the DAC you'll get no sound output through the headphone jacks.

Poweramp is looking for a list of High Res audio support, which is, again, is bypassing a limitation of the Android operating system, not the DAC or the apps ability to use the DAC. Good on them for looking for input from users regarding different devices.

The way I see it, it's up to each app developer to support a device and not up to FiiO to make sure every app works, except their own.

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #4,248 of 15,897
  denony,

Yep , we will release a upgraded firmware to fix this problem within this month , if everything goes smoothly , we will try our best to fix it in our next Firmware , so sorry for this inconvenience

Thank you,

I have received my X5 III, and, unfortunately, it has the problem: It stops at ~80%. Only 8800 of 10006 tracks are found on my µSD card.

I tried with 2 different µSD (a Sandisk 128 GB extFAT and a Samsung 128 GB extFAT). Same issue.

Firmware is 1.1.1

Regards

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #4,249 of 15,897

Thank you,

I have received my X5 III, and, unfortunately, it has the problem: It stops at ~80%. Only 8800 of 10006 tracks are found on my µSD card.

I tried with 2 different µSD (a Sandisk 128 GB extFAT and a Samsung 128 GB extFAT). Same issue.

Regards

So I'm not the only one having issues..That's good to know, though hopefully it can get looked into soon! Mine stops around 6,500/15,000, which is a pretty big deal considering it's most of my library..

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #4,251 of 15,897
The mSD cards are formatted inside X5-3? It should format to FAT32 instead of ex-FAT. This should do something. 

On the other hand, I only got ~5000 songs in my library, all library was scanned successfully. Even songs with characters in Japanese, Russian and other special character.s 

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #4,252 of 15,897
Similar problems here. 5800 out of 12000 or so. Given the numbers I got it looks like only 1 of the 2 mSD cards was scanned.

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #4,253 of 15,897
  The mSD cards are formatted inside X5-3? It should format to FAT32 instead of ex-FAT. This should do something. 

On the other hand, I only got ~5000 songs in my library, all library was scanned successfully. Even songs with characters in Japanese, Russian and other special character.s 

Mine were initially NTFS i believe, but then I let android format the cards. Unfortunately, it led to the same results (after resetting the db and rechecking as well). I appreciate the feedback though, any bit helps!

Similar problems here. 5800 out of 12000 or so. Given the numbers I got it looks like only 1 of the 2 mSD cards was scanned.

Mine did similarly! I thought it initially read only the first card, but then I realized there were some some tracks missing from my first SD card. The second card only registered 95/thousands of songs. I am stumped tbh.

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #4,254 of 15,897
Wasn't there some issue with the images that prevented some songs from being scanned?

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #4,255 of 15,897
Has anyone tried Spotify/Tidal with X5-3? Did anyone encounter any issue with offline playlists? I've been reading throughout this thread and I came across that someone faced issue with Spotify. Just want to know if it's fixed?

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #4,256 of 15,897
I'm not hardly a computing expert, but I think I see what may be the problem with only one cards music being recognized. At least for my unit. The first card has a designated "music" file. The second doesn't. So, I assume that if I put my music into the "music" file, it's all going to that one card. Maybe the unit doesn't recognize the music on the second card as such? Again, don't know much and honestly I'm kind of floundering with this thing right now.

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #4,257 of 15,897
Sorry to hear the X5-III is having some teething problems on first release.  But this is par for the course with Fiio DAP's and quite frankly to be expected.  Given Fiio's release history I don't understand why people are so anxious to pre-order their DAP's.  Wait until it is released, get lots of reviews and user feedback and then when bugs a fixed buy one.  It isn't rocket surgery guys!

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #4,258 of 15,897
Some of the best recordings, in fact I will go as far as to say that most of the best recordings are old recordings. Some of the best music as well. Much of the newer music and recordings, with some notable but too few exceptions, just don't have the fidelity or the soul older music has.

Have you ever heard CCR? I'm sure you have, but those recordings are horrible. I'm almost 49 I grew up listening to that music. You may like older music, as do I, but just being old certainly does not confer upon the music good recording status. Sure they weren't compressed, but they also often seriously lacked dynamic extension. Sub bass didn't exist and often recordings were thin and lacked any punch. I love old music, don't get me wrong, but I don't think a good old recording can hold a candle to a good contemporary recording. Musical content aside that is.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #4,260 of 15,897
  I don't suppose there's anyway to set up the "software update" to just automatically download without me having to manually hit the retry button over and over? Cause I've about had my fill of it already.

George,

We will make it come true in the coming firmware in the future.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back