Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 5, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #4,006 of 15,897
What do you mean by "The Encore"? 

The in-ear monitor I'm using with it in that picture. The Noble Audio Kaiser Encore. It's the new and improved Kaiser 10.

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #4,007 of 15,897
  Also why would Pure mode offer better quality?
Does not make sense to me. 

In my limited experience, Pure mode is just a way of saving all resources and dedicating them to music playback - there wasn't a significant difference to those ears, or at least the time needed to hange to pure or android mode was too high for me to really remember the difference. Audio memory is not the longest and yeah... 

Anyways, I used it almost exlusively in Android mode and this is what I based my review on 
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #4,008 of 15,897

In my limited experience, Pure mode is just a way of saving all resources and dedicating them to music playback - there wasn't a significant difference to those ears, or at least the time needed to hange to pure or android mode was too high for me to really remember the difference. Audio memory is not the longest and yeah... 

Anyways, I used it almost exlusively in Android mode and this is what I based my review on 
wink.gif

yeah its meant to save battery etc as it only loads fiio app. but its still android in the background so should not be huge difference in quality. 
I wont use pure mode I dont think due to bugs in Fiio app I hear about, I will use Neutron. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #4,009 of 15,897

The scanning issue has to do with embedded cover art.  When you have a large library the scanning issue flares up.  FiiO has a fix but it's causing problems with the lockscreen.  A work around is to remove all embedded cover art and use one file in the album folder.

Bingo!
Removing the embedded cover art from the problematic files, fix the issue.
But now I need a practical solution.
In Tag&Rename, i can save in the folder the pic embedded in the file.
When I did this, I can remove the embedded covers. But I can only do that by working on a single file at a time, and obviously this is an impractical solution.
There is a way more convenient and faster?
Thanks!

I use tag and Rename as well and I can easily remove and replace all album art from all the files in a folder in a couple of clicks. If you think you can only do it one file at a time you are doing it wrong.

Click the "Edit All Supported Tag Fields" button, and in the upper right hand corner of the window that pops up is the place where you can drag and drop, remove and or replace the cover art for all the files in the folder.

I hope this helps.

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #4,011 of 15,897
And by the way, files with embedded art that worked fine on my X3 and X5 first gen players are not working correctly with the X5iii. They are all smaller than 600x600 as I have been through this before. I will survive until the fix comes.  :)

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #4,014 of 15,897

Substantially higher sound quality. I have two phones (a Huawei Mate 9, and a company supplied iPhone 7) and even the most basic FiiO DAP blows the socks off them in terms of driving power. These DAPs are not designed to replace a phone, or even be an alternative to it. I am curious what features you perceive you are missing from Android mode? Is it the ViPER effects on other apps? Well, that's down to the other app developers to integrate into their own software.

I have a ZTE Axon 7 and its SQ rivaled that if the X5III IMHO, in Android mode.

Not sure what's going on but in "Pure" mode there was a definite improvement but again Pure mode is useless to me as my music library is via Tidal and Spotify.

My point was Fiio makes the X5III sound like all features/functionsa re Android based and they are most definitely not.

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #4,015 of 15,897

Not sure what's going on but in "Pure" mode there was a definite improvement but again Pure mode is useless to me as my music library is via Tidal and Spotify.

My point was Fiio makes the X5III sound like all features/functionsa re Android based and they are most definitely not.

What headphones are you using? As for the differences between Pure and Android modes, there should be no difference in sound quality and virtually no difference in features. If you are missing a feature it is because the apps you use don't have those features. It's like buying a phone with camera enhancements and complaining when third party camera apps don't support the enhancements. Well, yeah, obviously.

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #4,016 of 15,897
Spotify doesn't just loose the offline content on power down.

I re-downloaded my 1000 offline tracks again, turned off WiFi and left in standby. When I used the X5III again Spotify wanted me to login again (why?) so had to go back on WiFi, login and found it had lost all the offline again even though they are still in the memory!

@Fiio needs an urgent fix.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
hey have you ever tried to turn your spotify to the "offline mode"? it placed on the top of playback settings on Spotify. i always have entered this mode before i turned off the wifi and it just works perfectly for offline playback:wink: i also tried to turn off my x5iii then turn it on again and there was no any issue about my offline Spotify collection.

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #4,017 of 15,897
Spotify doesn't just loose the offline content on power down.

I re-downloaded my 1000 offline tracks again, turned off WiFi and left in standby. When I used the X5III again Spotify wanted me to login again (why?) so had to go back on WiFi, login and found it had lost all the offline again even though they are still in the memory!

@Fiio needs an urgent fix.

hey have you ever tried to turn your spotify to the "offline mode"? it placed on the top of playback settings on Spotify. i always have entered this mode before i turned off the wifi and it just works perfectly for offline playback:wink: i also tried to turn off my x5iii then turn it on again and there was no any issue about my offline Spotify collection.

Would normally do on phones but not done that on X5 as can just turn off WiFi. Will try that tomorrow but shouldn't be loosing the offline tracks anyway.

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #4,018 of 15,897

Substantially higher sound quality. I have two phones (a Huawei Mate 9, and a company supplied iPhone 7) and even the most basic FiiO DAP blows the socks off them in terms of driving power. These DAPs are not designed to replace a phone, or even be an alternative to it. I am curious what features you perceive you are missing from Android mode? Is it the ViPER effects on other apps? Well, that's down to the other app developers to integrate into their own software.

I think you should stick to your ZTE Axon 7, looks like its got the same DAC chip.
Some people come out and make irresponsible statements which affect the purchasing decision of another. I would request everyone to be responsible and not reckless. 

I dont think X5 III was competing against an Android smartphone. Like in any other relationship, manage your expectations 
beerchug.gif

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #4,020 of 15,897

Users who are viewing this thread

Back