Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 5, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #3,961 of 15,897
@chillaxing:

Interesting you write that! My experience is exactly the other way round! I find the Android EQ in Spotify surprisingly usable on my DP-X1 (increasing sub bass, for example, does almost not bleed into the mids).
I am not sure which Spotify EQ you mean on the iPhone?
Opening the Spotify settings on the iPhone does not show any EQ (other than Android)? Can you give some more details?
From what I know there is only the general iPhone "iOS EQ" with its presets like "more bass", "more highs" etc. And this, at least from my experience, really changes the sound in a negative way.
Might also depend on the headphone though. 
I am using an IE800 and Unique Melody Macbeth....

Quote:

That eq is trash. ^

Only real eq for spotify is on PC or iphone, I use both.

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #3,966 of 15,897
hello guys, first time posting.

I have a X5iii on order, really excited for it to come in! I was wondering how much longer can I expect from the battery in pure music mode if I pair it with an external amp, like for example the A5.

Also, if i use the line out to connect to an external amp, does it also bypass the rolloff filter modes that come with the X5? Or are the filters applied at the DAC stage?

Thanks in advance!
im expecting to get this x5iii as well, also pairing to muy A5.
@james does the x5iii bypass the amp when using the líne out¿
Thanks in advanced

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #3,968 of 15,897
How to “probably” reduce a little of battery drain in your X5iii

Some classic android tips & tricks than you can try… at your own risk. Beware of what you touch :wink:

1. First, activate “developer options”:

Settings > About phone > Build number

Once you’ve found the Build number section of the settings, tap repeated until a small pop up notification should appear saying "you are now X steps away from being a developer"… After some taps, the Developer options will be unlocked and available

2. Why no a totally black&white interface

B&W is elegant, good contrast, uses less battery than colour, and you really don’t need a colour interface for music…

Developer options > Simulate color space > Monochromacy

3. Disable Android Animations:

Developer options > Window animation scale > Animation off
Developer options > Transition animation scale > Animation off
Developer options > Animator duration scale > Animation off

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #3,969 of 15,897
  How to “probably” reduce a little of battery drain in your X5iii

Some classic android tips & tricks than you can try… at your own risk. Beware of what you touch :wink:

1. First, activate “developer options”:

Settings > About phone > Build number

Once you’ve found the Build number section of the settings, tap repeated until a small pop up notification should appear saying "you are now X steps away from being a developer"… After some taps, the Developer options will be unlocked and available

2. Why no a totally black&white interface

B&W is elegant, good contrast, uses less battery than colour, and you really don’t need a colour interface for music…

Developer options > Simulate color space > Monochromacy

3. Disable Android Animations:

Developer options > Window animation scale > Animation off
Developer options > Transition animation scale > Animation off
Developer options > Animator duration scale > Animation off

Black and white doesn't save battery if the screen is not AMOLED, the pixels in an LCD are on even if they are black. Only in AMOLED screens they are off :)

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #3,970 of 15,897
  Boys and girls, there is a 200ohm output impedance on the line-out - and if you know anything about how high output impedance can degrade the perfromance of headphone, then you will understand why it is such a bad idea to plug your headphone into the line-out even if the volume is adjustable. If you don't know anything about output impedance, well, it is bad all the same.

Thank you! 

Didn't know about the 200 OHM output impedance on the line out. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #3,972 of 15,897
  Black and white doesn't save battery if the screen is not AMOLED, the pixels in an LCD are on even if they are black. Only in AMOLED screens they are off :)

Black and White actually improves life on IPS as well - white areas consume less electricity, considerably so. Black consumes most power for IPs as the backlight is white and the power is needed to shift the liquid crystals to obtain black. 

Is it necessary or advisable these days to run the battery down and then charge to full?

Not adviceable at all. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #3,974 of 15,897
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm looking around at DAPs with bluetooth support primarily for use in my car. My car supports Bluetooth 4.0 and more importantly the AVRCP 1.4+ features where you can browse the artists/albums/etc... on a device using the car buttons/screen. Obviously for it to work the connected device/software needs to support it. Browsing the library through bluetooth on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) pretty much works if I use the stock Google Music app, but is a little sketchy in other apps.

Anyway, question: does anybody know what AVRCP Profile version the X5-III supports? Has anybody tried browsing the music library on it through bluetooth?

Cheers,
-Tim

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #3,975 of 15,897
How to free some memory and resources in your X5iii

Other classic android tips & tricks than you can try: "disable" some services that you don't use o really need. You always can reenable if something go wrong.

1. First, go to:

Settings > Apps > All

I have disable all this without negative effects:

Android Live Wallpapers (i don't use this wallpapers)
Android System WebView (is for view web sources in some apps)
Basic Daydreams
Black Hole (Wallpaper)
Bubbles (Wallpaper)
Clock (i use my phone o watch for that)
Com.android.smspush (X5 has no phone, no sms)
Com.android.wallpaper.holospiral (Wallpaper related)
Exchange Services  (email, i don´t need)
HTML Viewer
MusicFX (this is standard android eq, puaggg)
Phase Beam (Wallpaper)
Photo Screensavers 
User Dictionary
Something in chinesee…

2. The turn of the screw...

Really are someting that use many many memory and resources and you can disable at your own risk... but you lose the "play store" and all google related things...
When you installed all your favorite apps... perhaps you want forget google for a time.
For me is no problem, because X5iii is not a phone, and i can install my favorite music apps by sideload apk.
If you want "de-google" your X5, you can disable all this:

Google Account Manager
Google Play Services
Google Play Store
Google Services Framework

Users who are viewing this thread

Back