Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 3, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #3,841 of 15,897

Just received mine.....completed the unboxing.....WiFi on, update complete - no issues......card trays open.....inserted brand new 256GB SanDisk card......and Fail.....can't find where to format the card......included folding Getting Started paper, Manual on line, FiiO's page, Unboxing video Ngoshawk, etc......

So.....where is the button that needs to be mashed to format the card inside the X5iii? I found it on the X5ii.....but it is hidden from me on this one.

Settings -> storage. It is the standard Android SD formatting

I haven't had an Android device in 10 years. When I am in there - it gives unmount and erase.....I was expecting to select the card there and it would give me a pop up to Format the card. I don't see that anywhere.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #3,843 of 15,897

I haven't had an Android device in 10 years. When I am in there - it gives unmount and erase.....I was expecting to select the card there and it would give me a pop up to Format the card. I don't see that anywhere.

Erase formats it

Sweet...so simple....unless you don't know....I appreciate it!

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #3,844 of 15,897
  Just got mine!  Slowly, undressing...er...unboxing it and getting ready to get (it) turned on (and updated)...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

P.S. - A BIG SHOUT OUT to the excellent service from Sky by Gramophone!  They responded quickly to a last minute color change request...now my X5iii matches my A5! 
biggrin.gif

Mine was in the mailbox when I got home.  Unboxed and turned on, 70% battery.  It's DLing the update now.  Then I'll add and format the memory cards. :)

:D

pat----

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #3,845 of 15,897
Just received mine.....completed the unboxing.....WiFi on, update complete - no issues......card trays open.....inserted brand new 256GB SanDisk card......and Fail.....can't find where to format the card......included folding Getting Started paper, Manual on line, FiiO's page, Unboxing video Ngoshawk, etc......

So.....where is the button that needs to be mashed to format the card inside the X5iii? I found it on the X5ii.....but it is hidden from me on this one.
I put mine in and it was already formatted.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #3,847 of 15,897
  Mine was in the mailbox when I got home.  Unboxed and turned on, 70% battery.  It's DLing the update now.  Then I'll add and format the memory cards. :)

:D

pat----

Did both 256gb cards combined cost the same as the X5 3rd? lol

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #3,849 of 15,897
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem with a new X5iii. I installed the new firmware, took the 2 256Gb cards directly out of my X5ii and put them in my new X5iii and scanned the cards. They only scared 8600 out of the 9100 tracks I had on the 2 cards. I re-flashed the firmware, did a factory re-set, re-inserted the cards and I'm still having the same issue. Any help? The cards scan perfectly fine in my X5ii

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #3,850 of 15,897
Hi just received mine yesterday. I am in China so I got a super charger and a 32 G sd card gifts :)

overall it looks and sounds pretty good. Of course need to listen to it for a while to give my impressions. Sound is different from my X1 1st gen I need to get used to it.

2 remarks to Fiio:
- I used a 64 G sd cards full of music I used with my (excellent) X1 first gen: although X5 could access all folders it cannot find any music !!! Then I used a brand new card which I loaded with music using X5 linked to my computer via USB and wok fine. Why can happen to the 64 G card which cause this issue?

- I connected X5 with my NAS using DLNA and it works like a charm ! fast access and browsing, well done ! The only complain I have is that the album cover is not diplayed ! (it is both in the same folder as a floder.JPG file and Embedded in the FLAC file). Funny thing is that I can see the album cover as an icon of each file when browsing, but not as album cover when playing the song..... is it possible to fix this ?

Btw, I have read on the forum that we can retrieve lyrics on the fly online using the X5... how to do that ?

Thanks!

Laurent 

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #3,851 of 15,897
Received mine today from Sky (great first experience).

Sorry for the noob question but how do I know if headphones/IEMs can use the "balanced" output on the X5III?

What do I look for when shopping for that feature on headphones/IEMs?

(and yes I did Google it and everything I found showed headphones with 2 large XLR looking connectors).

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #3,852 of 15,897
  Received mine today from Sky (great first experience).

Sorry for the noob question but how do I know if headphones/IEMs can use the "balanced" output on the X5III?

What do I look for when shopping for that feature on headphones/IEMs?

(and yes I did Google it and everything I found showed headphones with 2 large XLR looking connectors).

The IEMS or headphones need to have a cable that is terminated in 2.5mm TRRS (smaller with 3 rings) instead of the standard 3.5mm TRS jack (2 rings).

You will need to either buy a custom cable or find a iem/headphone that comes with a balanced cable.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #3,853 of 15,897
I had two pre-orders hit at the same so have a pair of X5 III's en route to me. If anyone has any trouble sourcing a black one send me a PM and I will be happy to forward my spare if you cover my costs ($399 plus about $10 for shipping). I can easily return it to Adorama but thought I would offer here first since they seem to be a bit hard to get right now. I won't even open the shipping box, will just forward on to whoever may want it.

Tom

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #3,854 of 15,897

The IEMS or headphones need to have a cable that is terminated in 2.5mm TRRS (smaller with 3 rings) instead of the standard 3.5mm TRS jack (2 rings).

You will need to either buy a custom cable or find a iem/headphone that comes with a balanced cable.

Thanks!  So using an "adapter" from a standard 3.5mm TRS to 2.5mm TRRS wouldn't work?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back