Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 3, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #3,796 of 15,899
  Great thread, thanks for all the insights.

I have one of these coming tomorrow, a couple of places in Switzerland suddenly went from mid March availability to having the titanium version in stock.

I was deciding between the Pioneer XDP-300R (similar price from Japan) and the Fiio. The Fiio x5 3rd Gen won out due to it's size, it looks like it might actually fit in my pocket as opposed to the Pioneer.

It will be interesting to see how the X5 sounds with my FLC8S, I also have a balanced cable coming for the FLC8S as the stock cable is incredibly microphonic.

X5-3 should fit more than comfortable in any pocket, but I would advice only using it in very loose pants to not damage the cable and the jack 
gs1000.gif

Also, to slide it faster in and out of pockets, the leather case is a heaven sent gift as the silicone case is quite grippy (good for handling, but bad for fast pocketing the device)

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #3,797 of 15,899
Hi guys, been a stalker on these forums for a while.

Just got my X5 3rd gen yesterday and noticed something odd - the battery indicator in the status bar does not change from 50%. It is always stuck - the player has been on pretty much all the time since barring a few restarts and a firmware update and has been charged but still 50%.

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has been experiencing this? If not, might need to be warrantied back. Disappointing :frowning2:

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #3,798 of 15,899
  Canceled mine with B&H Photo. They said it will be the middle of the month and don't know how many they will get. Bad way to do business Fiio. Already have a X3 and X5ii so not to worried about getting this one.Use my Phone more than anything, Maybe I'll wait for a good high quality sounding phone.

High quality sounding phone? There is no such thing.

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #3,799 of 15,899
High quality sounding phone? There is no such thing.
The new Onkyo just came out and the B&O version LG phones sound very good.

Not sure why he's blaming fiio for a retailer though.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #3,800 of 15,899

Just got my X5 3rd gen yesterday and noticed something odd - the battery indicator in the status bar does not change from 50%. It is always stuck - the player has been on pretty much all the time since barring a few restarts and a firmware update and has been charged but still 50%.

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has been experiencing this? If not, might need to be warrantied back. Disappointing :frowning2:

sorry this is the first report of such issue, plz help us reset the X5III  ( press the power button for about 15 seconds )

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 3, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #3,801 of 15,899

Assume you updated to latest firmware. My battery indicator seems to be working as expected.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #3,804 of 15,899
I forgot to do the overnight battery drain test, but from a full charge this morning with Wifi/BT off and now 3.5 hrs later its dropped to 96% from 100% so looking like 1% per hour.

That's with it in Android mode.

Anybody else got figures?

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #3,805 of 15,899
  I forgot to do the overnight battery drain test, but from a full charge this morning with Wifi/BT off and now 3.5 hrs later its dropped to 96% from 100% so looking like 1% per hour.

That's with it in Android mode.

Anybody else got figures?

I tried it in pure music mode and wifi and bluetooth disabled but I accidentally left the player going on.

From 23:00 to 6:20 the battery went down from 100% to 36%

Tonight I will do the propper test

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #3,806 of 15,899

sorry this is the first report of such issue, plz help us reset the X5III  ( press the power button for about 15 seconds )

Hi James, thanks for the quick reply! I have tried that but it is still at 50%. I have included a picture to show that in the battery history in settings it does not look correct. I can't upload yet so here is a link to a google drive pic:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WHKSGoXzZUQnBXLUZIQ2theXRYRi0tR2lzX3UzNncySUw0/view?usp=sharing

I am running the player non-stop to see if just by coincidence i am actually on 50% but it is a long shot.

Assume you updated to latest firmware. My battery indicator seems to be working as expected.

Yup, first thing i did was update the firmware.

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #3,807 of 15,899
Great thread, thanks for all the insights.

I have one of these coming tomorrow, a couple of places in Switzerland suddenly went from mid March availability to having the titanium version in stock.

I was deciding between the Pioneer XDP-300R (similar price from Japan) and the Fiio. The Fiio x5 3rd Gen won out due to it's size, it looks like it might actually fit in my pocket as opposed to the Pioneer.

It will be interesting to see how the X5 sounds with my FLC8S, I also have a balanced cable coming for the FLC8S as the stock cable is incredibly microphonic.

I thoroughly enjoyed the combo. With the FLC8S set to my tastes, filter-wise; the combination was quite adequate. That was how I spent the vast majority of our time together.

It is a wonderful combination.

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #3,808 of 15,899
I am really glad to see Fiio has a hit on its hands. The last Fiio Dap I had was the X5 and this is the first one to garner my attention since then. I will probably pass only because of the documented reports of hissing particularly in the balanced output. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #3,809 of 15,899

Hi James, thanks for the quick reply! I have tried that but it is still at 50%. I have included a picture to show that in the battery history in settings it does not look correct. I can't upload yet so here is a link to a google drive pic:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WHKSGoXzZUQnBXLUZIQ2theXRYRi0tR2lzX3UzNncySUw0/view?usp=sharing

I am running the player non-stop to see if just by coincidence i am actually on 50% but it is a long shot.

Yup, first thing i did was update the firmware.

I think you might need the battery to drain down then it will reset itself ..i think that will do it

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #3,810 of 15,899
I am really glad to see Fiio has a hit on its hands. The last Fiio Dap I had was the X5 and this is the first one to garner my attention since then. I will probably pass only because of the documented reports of hissing particularly in the balanced output. 
Maybe next time they can make a less strong amp for your sensative iem. Sony wont hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back