Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 1, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #3,586 of 15,897
2 Verses 1.☺

And my many other combinations but only from memory. This is already looking like the best combination of SQ/Practicality for me. Once I found my SE846's I've not looked to change & I think the X5III is going to stay with me a long time too.

The constant is always my trusty SE846's !

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #3,587 of 15,897
And my many other combinations but only from memory. This is already looking like the best combination of SQ/Practicality for me. Once I found my SE846's I've not looked to change & I think the X5III is going to stay with me a long time too.

Nice !

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #3,588 of 15,897

where did you order yours ? 
Mine was ordered at Son-video.com (black), it says 6-10 days on their website

I am looking at son-video aswell, but I'm not too keen on having a 550€ device delivered by mail, so I'll see if I can pick it up at the store. I took the 10 march french release from another website, forgot which one.

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #3,590 of 15,897
  I am looking at son-video aswell, but I'm not too keen on having a 550€ device delivered by mail, so I'll see if I can pick it up at the store. I took the 10 march french release from another website, forgot which one.

I ordered a lot of stuff from them in the past, including several thousand euros hardware (speakers, amps, etc) and always got delivered by mai (not the french post though, but their carrier)l, i never had any issue, Just for the record :) 

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #3,592 of 15,897

nice !!!  The note 4 as always been the best transport for me with an amp 

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #3,595 of 15,897

Yep, still got a Note 4 in the cupboard. Always amazed how good it sounded straight out of the headphone considering its only a Qualcomm DAC in it (not the Exynos version).

If the Dragonfly Red volume worked correctly with Android phones I'd likely still have that as that was a neat solution with a small Z5 Compact (above).

The photo above with Mojo & Z5 compact is with a Poly case which again made it a decent combination but a bit thick (once RF interference issue resolved...mostly).

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #3,596 of 15,897
psikey,
How is the sinergy with se846?
Bass,mids,treble?
Thanks.

I'm certainly not to the level of many on here with experience of multi thousand cost DAPS/earphones. I've never had an iBasso/AK or even Fiio prior to this but to my ears it sounds great across the range, but then I find I'm happy with the SE846's connected to most things to be honest so long as I don't get excessive hiss which was reason I sent the original HA-2 back (none with the HA-2SE).

The Mids sound as clear/precise to me as with the Mojo, the bass is still nicely defined & punchy with no excesses and I'm not getting fatigue with excessive treble. The sound is musical with body. Sound stage (3D) seems better than Mojo to me. Not sure against the HA-2SE yet, need more listening tonight.

I think this could be close to what Mojo did for DAC's, bring a high-end device to the masses at a much more sensible price point. It meets all my requirements for both purchased offline content with large storage potential plus perfectly with streaming services (Spotify/Tidal/QoBuz etc.) Must do streaming (with offline support) to tempt me from using a phone/DAC combination and this does it perfectly. Even better if I can understand how to use inline controls on the cable.

Not sure how to turn it off yet!! Fully off or in sleep mode?? How are others leaving it when not in use so battery doesn't drop excessively idling etc.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #3,598 of 15,897
I'm certainly not to the level of many on here with experience of multi thousand cost DAPS/earphones. I've never had an iBasso/AK or even Fiio prior to this but to my ears it sounds great across the range, but then I find I'm happy with the SE846's connected to most things to be honest so long as I don't get excessive hiss which was reason I sent the original HA-2 back (none with the HA-2SE).

The Mids sound as clear/precise to me as with the Mojo, the bass is still nicely defined & punchy with no excesses and I'm not getting fatigue with excessive treble. The sound is musical with body. Sound stage (3D) seems better than Mojo to me. Not sure against the HA-2SE yet, need more listening tonight.

I think this could be close to what Mojo did for DAC's, bring a high-end device to the masses at a much more sensible price point. It meets all my requirements for both purchased offline content with large storage potential plus perfectly with streaming services (Spotify/Tidal/QoBuz etc.) Must do streaming (with offline support) to tempt me from using a phone/DAC combination and this does it perfectly. Even better if I can understand how to use inline controls on the cable.

Not sure how to turn it off yet!! Fully off or in sleep mode?? How are others leaving it when not in use so battery doesn't drop excessively idling etc.
At night, fully off.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #3,600 of 15,897
Hello friends,

I have UE Triple Fi 10, HiFiman 560, both have SE and Balance cables. I also have AloRx and Cayin C5 apms. I'm looking for my first high quality DAP. Please help me tie break between X5 III and X7+AM3.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back